Stevenson University Top Questions

Vatekia

The costs of meal plans and they need more shuttles.

Michele

That the school is not helpful in situations concerning harmful living environment and with getting everyone courses they need to graduate on time. I also wish I knew that teachers for the same courses teach different material.

Shahrose

That it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The dorms are fantastic and the teachers are incredible. Everyone really wants to help you succeed. I also wish I knew that the nightlife here was almost non-existant because of the security, but parties are widespread off campus since we're close to many other colleges.

Sumit

I wish I knew how hard it was going to be to pay for this school because they didn't offer me the best financial aid plan.

I wish I knew more about college finances before I came to Stevenson. I'm a first generation college student and a child of a single parent. I was so excited about going to college that I never thought I would struggle in being able to afford all of this education. My mother and I stuggled paying tuition because it was the first time we've ever been through this college process. I luckily landed a work-study job after my first semester of college but I should've been saving up while I was in high school.

LeighAnn

I wish I had known how easy it was to become a student here. Everyone is so friendly and efficient. The process makes you want to become a student that much more. I also wish I went to college after high school instead of going as an adult.

I wish that I had looked at the available clubs and the lack of Greek life on the campus. Don't get me wrong. The school gives out amazing financial aide packages and they have lots of activities on campus, but my friends at other schools are joining sororities and meeting people they will be friends with for the rest of their lives.

Yanita

I wish I would've known how demanding the course work/load would be.

Kari-Ann

Before I came to school, I wish I would have known the pace of the school. Learning is really fast, an since there is only fifteen weeks to learn everything you need to know about the course, things go by very quickly. You need to stay one top of all of you work to make sure you can succeed with the grades that will make you happy. I also wish I would have known the huge transition going from high schol to college life.

Before coming to this school I wish I knew more about purchasing cheaper textbooks online via search engines instead of full price at the book store. Also, I wish I knew that I couldn't use my financial aid or loan money to buy my books before classes started because the money is not disbursed until weeks after classes start. By the time loans/financial aid is refunded and I get the money to purchase the books, I am so behind that it's almost impossible to catch up on school work.

How to prioritize my time in balancing school and social circles. It was tough at first but now I believe I have the hang of it.

Where I would get the monies to pay for my education.

What a financial burden school is and what Villa Julie was planing.