Stevenson University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Stevenson University

Brianne

Commuter school everyone lives no more than 1hr away and goes home on the weekends. Super boring school with nothing to do on the weekends. No school spirit

Stevenson University is a great school. Class size doesn't exceed past 24 students normally and the professors are accessible majority of the time. The cafeteria food is ok, but we do have other on campus food providers that are much better. Our school is really sports based. Which is a great thing for things to go to on the weekend. But not very good for people who desire friends/family and don't play sports. We have clubs as well and a great amount ranging from MILE,ASU,BSU,Anime, Video Game Club, PAWS , and etc. Stevenson is more of a commuter school because you tend to have more people leave on the weekend rather than stay on campus. College is really what you make it. Stevenson is definitely striving hard to bring the home feeling to it's students and for that i will forever be grateful for. Because I have made some life long friends.

Annya

When I first placed foot on campus, I fell in love with the institution. All the students and faculty were so kind and helpful. I stopped and asked a student for directions and he was so nice even though he was running late for class. The professors are always there ready to help when we need it. I fell in love with the Nursing Program and the school for Nursing they have to prepare us with the simulation rooms. I really like the class sizes because we get more one-on-one time. We are also a face and not a number which is important. I feel completely safe on campus and there are so many options to be involved. It wasn't my first choice school because I never looked into it. My guidance counselor led me to that direction and when I got accepted and checked out the school. I changed my mind completely! I regretted not choosing this school first because it felt like home when I got there. Whenever I have a question about scheduling or academics, someone is always there to answer. I feel like I am recognized and they car about my future just like I do. This is an amazing school with many opportunities! Incoming freshman should consider Stevenson University!

Cierra

It's a very welcoming and diverse community and I love it! Although Stevenson is a PWI, they don't leave anyone out, there are groups and events on campus that focuses on minorities and their cultures as well. Stevenson is a very industry based university and focuses on getting their students into their desired job industries before graduation.

A quiet campus full of caring professors. Opportunities to get involved are there and other students encourage involvement. Not really a party school. On campus housing is excellent in comparison to other campuses. Career opportunities after graduation are plentiful

Kiara

Stevenson University is an amazing school to attend, and no I'm not just saying that because I am a current student but it provides you with great opportunities and you will gain so many new experiences. There are faculty and staff who will always work with you and are always available to you when you need them. There are plenty of activities to participate in whether it's on or off campus. I have to say that Stevenson University students, as well as faculty/staff, takes their academics very seriously. I would recommend any student to attend Stevenson University.

Anane

Stevenson University is an upcoming private school. If you are looking for a school to get your degree in four years and get a job afterwards, Stevenson is the place. It's a really small school (about 3,000ish students). The largest class I've been in had about 20 students so professors are always available to you. The food is standard, nothing really special. I recommend Stevenson.

Gabrielle

If you're serious about your future and looking for a career based college, Stevenson University is definitely the place for you. With small class sizes, a friendly community, and staff and faculty that will support you every step of the way, Stevenson is a smaller college with so much to offer. I love our sense of pride and community, and the vast amount of resources available to help you succeed. There's never a moment I'm not proud to be a Mustang!

Stevenson university is a beautiful small campus where I feel safe to be and can still have a large amount of fun. Class sizes are small and intellectual. Professors are always available to assist when needed and they know all students on a first name basis. They connect with there students to meet there needs in their education. Education is important here but we still find time to support our sports teams and enjoy recreational sports. There are lots of study spaces and available resources. It's a great school for those looking for a smaller more intimate campus.

Sorah

Stevenson University has everything other colleges have. They have teachers, classes, students, and buildings, but Stevenson is unique. This school encourages people with cultural differences to be accepting of one another and not to hide in fear. This is one of the initial reasons I choose Stevenson for my college education. However, now, I would recommend people to come here for a slew of reasons. One reason is that education is stimulating, and the teachers are available all the time to help students to push themselves to be better than they thought possible. Also, Stevenson has the academic link, which helps with tutoring students to pass an assortment of classes. I know that without the academic link, I may have failed English. Education is a priority for me, but I know that for other people things like social life, technology access, sports, housing, and food play a huge role in enjoying college. I don’t have much of a social life nor do I have a reason to care about sports, housing, or the food, but I do see and hear from my fellow classmates about these major issues. Everybody manages to find at least one friend, Stevenson has a store that allows students to borrow tablets or cameras, and WIFI is a little unreliable at times. The dorm rooms, I have heard that some people chose Stevenson based on how nice the rooms were, and while I know nothing about sports, watching the athlete representatives from each sport team march into orientation taught me there are many teams for both men and women. As for the food, I hear—to put it nicely—it could be better, but it is edible and college food it’s never supposed to taste good. Stevenson does have its good and bad moments, and I can’t promise to always give it such a good review, but I if I could go back and pick my school all over again, I’m certain I would choose Stevenson University. A school that encourages diversity and helps their students.

Courtney

I love Stevenson University! As an only child, I admit I was a bit afraid to live on campus in college, but Stevenson has been so welcoming! The academics are great and I do not think I could get a better education anywhere else. The class sizes are small and you get to know a lot of people. Its also easy to be involved on campus and truly experience college.

Corey

I love the atmosphere, everyone is very positive about getting a great education, and supporting each other through sports, extracurricular activities, and even dorm life as we live with each other as classmates and friends. I can honestly say that I've made the best decision by choosing to go to this school as it has a 92% placement rating for students landing jobs after 3 months of graduating from college. However, the school does come with many benefits, but it also comes with many expenses with tuition. This turns out to be my only negative about the Stevenson Mustang experience; tuition.

Jasmyn

When I visited Stevenson during the summer, I was impressed! The students and faculty were very welcoming. The classrooms are a nice size and the campus has everything around you - you don't have to go so far! The best part about Stevenson is that I'm close to home.

Montana

From your first day at Stevenson there is so many people who help you and guide you in order to determine the best major and little stuff such as housing arrangements. They offer a lot of majors however there is some they do not offer such as Secondary Teaching. The sports are awesome and everyone is so involved in making the school better. My biggest complaint with the university is how expensive it is. It goes up 7% every year and I already can not afford the price. I had to take out a loan for over $29,000 just for my first year and that is with graduating with a 4.0 GPA from high school. The location is awesome because every possible store or food place is within ten minutes.

April

I really like the school and i can't wait to go there. Everyone is really friendly and welcoming. I feel that i would never be singled out or feel like an outsider. It seems like a very safe school to go to, i wouldn't ever have to be afraid of my well-being. The food was ok, but if you add a little more spice, the food would be great.

The college allows you to persuade your major in a small but safe setting. Staff and students are friendly and offer aide for both school work and personal situations. There are numerous clubs to join but you are not force to take part in them. The school focus is to help find employment after college assistance all students need regardless of major.

Jahnaysha

I think Stevenson University is an amazing school from what i have seen. It has a lot of great classes and cool things to see around the campus. The schools academic classes are great they really teach you a lot from what i have heard and i am very excited to be attending.

Kaiyanna

The school is very good academically. It is not a party school but you can definitely be occupied if you get yourself involved with other activities like clubs, sports, and festivities. The food is not the best. It is a hit or miss. However, there are a lot of other options outside of campus like restaurants and sub shops. At far is my education, it has helped me better as a person mentally, socially, and physically.

Stevenson is one of a kind. The university cares about their students, and especially their student-athletes. They try to accommodate all students the best they can. They're always trying to revitalize and revamp their current processes and facilities to produce the best environment for all students, faculty and staff.

Velma

I am a adult student and I love Stevenson

Celease

When I was looking for a university, I wanted small class sizes, professors that were available and cared about their students, tons of activities and clubs to choose from, and a community feel. Stevenson provided all that I needed and more. Whenever I need help with an assignment, I can email a professor and I always hear back from them within 24 hours. The clubs are vibrant and the students are welcoming. I feel safe and free to be who I am away from home, and feel like I have really become a part of the Stevenson community.

Stevenson University is awesome! It is the best place for me. It is a small school where you get to know the students and professors well. All the campuses are beautiful and a lot of the facilities here are brand new or fairly new. All the Freshmen dorms have their own bathroom in their suite along with a pretty good size refrigerator and microwave. The upperclassmen have great apartments where everyone gets their own bedroom. There is such a great community spirit here! Everyone is friendly and supportive. There are so many activities, clubs and sports to get involved in with opportunities to make a positive impact and be a leader. There are so many options for food close by as well as other shopping. Baltimore is a great city to visit only 20 minutes away with a Metro station very close by with school shuttles providing transportation if needed. The best thing is how early and frequently I was able to do field placements for middle school education. Stevenson education graduates have a high hiring rate because of how much real classroom experience we get.

Michele

Stevenson provides the best program for Medical Laboratory Science in Maryland, which is one of the main reasons I choose the school. I love the academics and the opportunities that are made available. The only problem I have with the university is how they lack resources for students in trouble. If there is a personal problem, mentally or physically, the university lacks resources. Concerns are met with little guidance or support. Other than that, Stevenson has an amazing environment and I would not change where I choose to attend college.

Kiarra

I love going to Stevenson University. The dorms are suite-style, which means that there are typically four people in a suite those four people share a common area (a micro-fridge and a bathroom). When you become a junior or a senior, you have the option to get an apartment. The faculty is also very involved. The class sizes are not that big. There are many clubs, organizations and extra-curricular activities to get involved in.

I love the campus and the people! The cafeteria requires a long hike up stairs, but that’s the only bad part about stevenson. They havs lots of clubs and activities to do. Like esports, sports, events, and game nights. 10/10 at least recommend looking into this private school.

Alexis

Stevenson University is a nice and friendly college. Academics are good and professors really take students consideration in hand. We have wonderful help if students are struggling in any subject. We have an academic link where you can get a tutor to help you in anything. There is always activities on campus, there is never not nothing to do. The food is also good.

Scott

I like it, Stevenson University was the only school I applied to four years ago. If I had to repeat the application process back as a senior in high school, I would have opened up my application options but wouldn't hesitate to go to Stevenson. The school is a safe and fun place to be and there's no complaints that I can think of, and there is always something to do around campus.

E'Lashia

Stevenson University feels like home from the minute you arrive on campus. There is always something to do or somewhere to go. This is a very close knit community so it wold be very surprising if you didn't see at least 1 person you knew when you left your room. In the classroom, the teachers are the best. They know each student by name within the first week and they love talking to students about any and everything. Overall, there's not really any bad that could be said and I'm happy to be able to experience life at Stevenson. P.S. everything is better when Walter "the cookie man" Schmidt is around!!

Rozlin

Stevenson is an amazing campus and i would love for that to be my home when i graduate high school

Kaylee

Stevenson University is an institution where many students can feel at home. It is a very welcoming, friendly place where some students have an unspoken 'open-door' policy where many students leave their doors unlocked for friends to walk right in. Never have I felt unsafe, or at risk of injury on campus. The food is okay, but it quickly gets boring. Stevenson is not a huge 'party' school, but if you want to drink, there are people that will. If you ever attend/ visit, get one of Walter's cookies. There's nothing like them!

Stephen

I love Stevenson University, it is small school and has a very friendly environment. The professors care about the students and the school helps them throughout the four years attending. There is always something going on for the college students to do on campus, between sporting events, to activities like laser tag, bingo, etc. plus there are a numerous plays, comedians, art shows, etc. There are so many clubs to join and sports to play too. The food is ok but what is really nice is that there is a shopping center within walking distance with numerous restaurants. The curriculum is tough but the professors are good at teaching and helping students to learn the material. They provide tutors if you are struggling and really take an interest in each individual student on campus. The dorms are great and very nice to live in. Campus security is always making sure the campus is safe for everyone. I love my college and look forward to graduating from Stevenson. The only downside is how expensive it is to attend the college. This is why it is important to apply for as many scholarships thru the college and outside the college. Overall I would recommend Stevenson to everyone.

Noni

It's an small community of extremely intelligent individuals. Each department of study chairs are actively engaged with the students and striving them towards success. It is a bit quiet, however that is the reason that I decided on the school as well as the academics and career readiness. Overall it is a great prospering university.

Bria

Steveson University is a really good school. The location is nice they have a little small food area that you and your friends can go to. The school size is nice and small. The school only has 4,000 people and the class sizes are really good. The professors at Steveson really help you out a lot. There always available for office hours and they always have the right connections to get you the perfect internships. The campus size is a medium area it's not too big and not too small. They have a bus that will take you to different buildings and take you to the dorms. The dorms at Steveson are very nice. As soon as you go in for your freshman year you have a private bathroom. You get to share it with 3 people. One of the rooms is to yourself and the other room is when you share a room with a roommate. They also have a single room just for you. The food at Steveson is good. They have different varieties for the students to eat. such as pizza station, pasta station and many more. They have a section just for people who are vegans and vegetarians. There are a lot of clubs an organizations for students to join. There are many different types of clubs to join. This is a good way to break out of your shell if you are a shy person.

Brianna

Stevenson University is a small and close knit school. Walking around campus, you always see someone you know with a bright smile on their face. We are like a family here at Stevenson and we all work together to try to make being at school fun while still be focused on our studies. It truly is the most fun I've ever had and I wouldn't change a thing

Erika

I love this school so much. As a freshman, the community made me feel welcomed and helped me settle in become used to being away from home. The people I've met are great. I have great professors, and I'm learning more at SU than I have ever learned before.

McKale

It seems that Stevenson University is a small but very comfortable place to be at. Everyone seems to be very nice and willing to help if needed and there appears to be different places to go around the campus. There are a lot of food places close to the school, so you should never be hungry.

Diamond

Very small school, when I tour the school my tour guide told me that their are a lot of activities at the school, shuttles take students off campus, very active school and professors work with students one on one. First week or two in the college, rarely activities goes on, have to pay shuttle $40 just to take me to Walmart that is 10 minutes away from the campus, food is trash and makes some students sick after consistently eating the food. I love the professors, very active with us students and available at all times.

Corie

I love the university! Extra curricular activities could improve. However, if there’s enough people who want something, the university is more than flexible. Academic Achievement is King here. Everyone learns and the environment is more than welcoming.

Savannah

Stevenson is a great school, but very expensive. Also very pestering about getting money donated from alumni. The professors are great, very knowledgeable and encourage critical thinking. Lots of career support as well via Career Services, as well as some good benefits for Alumni.

Kiana

I think Stevenson is very welcoming and warm place to attend and I’m excited to be going there for college. Everyone is really positive and they offer a lot of assistance and resources for anything you need or may need to ask. All the classes are close by and there are shuttle buses that run for students to take to get to the other campus for science and nursing.

Stevenson University’s campus is gorgeous, and it is visible how much work is put in to keep campus clean. Professors all really care about students, and readily available. The only downside to this school is the social aspect. Most students don’t want to get involved in things going on around campus, leading to very low school spirit. Partying is almost non-existent at this school, making us feel very small and isolated at times. Other than that, the campus has a very tight-knit feel to the community, and everyone is very nice. It’s kind of a “thing” on campus that Stevenson students always hold the door open for the person behind them, so everyone really cares about each other.

Janae

Stevenson is a pretty great school! It is very welcoming and once you’re here you’ll know you’re home!

Kaelyn

Stevenson is a wonderful small school that allows you to get one on one time with your professors any time during the week. The only thing I wish is that there was more on campus activities that allow students to get to know each other. Overall, I would recommend people check it out!

Kaitlyn

Stevenson University has a small, beautiful campus that allows students to be known by their professors and not just a number. Everyone at the campus is friendly and willing to offer their guidance and assistance when needed. Stevenson University is an innovative school that I can picture myself at for the next four years of my life.

Stevenson university is very underrated. First, the campus is absolutely beautiful. You won’t spot trash placed everywhere, the dorms are beautiful and have a heating/AC system and there’s a laundry room provided. The teachers are easily accessible and since the school is very small, it’s easier to make friends and get along with people well. And there’s also the pre professional programs they have for students pursing their careers to help them in the long run, be able to grasp a good career job after university. Stevenson is amazing and i recommend everyone apply.

Cianne

I will be starting Stevenson University in January, I have done my research took college tours and talked to multiple professors and students. The on campus life at Stevenson was amazing, community based and fun. Everyone on campus was so nice and genuinely cared about each other. Whether you live on or off campus there is a place for you. Stevenson also has clubs to make everyone feel included and hey if you don't see what you want, you can make your own club, anything that you want that Stevenson doesn't already have you just have to ask for it and you will get it. Stevenson has a great academic setup the class sizes are small no more than 20 students which makes it easier to get that one on one feeling with your professor. Stevenson also has many different food options available at all hours of day and night, Stevenson is a school, no a learning community that can give you whatever you desire.

Stevenson university is a great private college because the size is so small, it allows us students to get closer with our teachers and even get to know eachother really well and build closer bonds with one another. Also the teachers here value education, so while a class can be hard, a teacher is always there to push me to my best ability. I think stevenson is an amazing school.