Galloway, NJ
Stockton University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stockton University

Fixed  rate loan

Jacqueline

You do not have to decide on what you want to be for the rest of your life at such a young age. College is a chance to explore your desires and how you want to mold your future. Keep an open mind and try new courses, even if they are outside of your intended major. Keep an open door policy when it comes to the people you meet, you never know what kind of connections you will make and how valuable they may be one day. Your professors will be your guides, pay attention and ask questions - they are there to help you. College is a fantastic experience. Volunteer, build upon your resume early, keep your priorities straight, and have fun. You can accomplish even the hardest statistics course or the longest research paper - your goals are very attainable and they are within your reach.

It is so much fun, the professors are amazing, the campus is beautiful, and I have made life-long friends here. Anyone can fit in at Stockton.

The number of commuter students compared to the amount of parking spaces available.

Gianna

In college, time management is the key to maintaining a social life, your school work, and a job. While attending high school, I did not think this concept was a big issue: I would come home from school, hang out with friends, and go to work without a problem. When starting college, I had a hard time balancing everything I needed to do, especially when I started working. The advice I would give myself would be to start practicing time managment as early as my first years of high school. In college I had a hard time doing this. Being the only one in my group of friends with an intent of being a physical therapist, and having a job, they did not quite understand where I was coming from. Even though the whole point of college is to get an education, a student needs time to be with friends and experience college as whole, in order to get the most out of it. With a full plate for my freshman year, I definatley learned a lot about myself and time management.

I think the setting of the school is the best part of it, along with small class sizes. The professors are always there to help as well.

I think laid back people should attend this school. Because it is is a serene, woodland setting, it gives students places to relax and do their homework. Students might think you do not need to be smart to get into Stockton, but they are wrong. You need to be a high-achieving person and get good grades. Just because it is not a university does not mean smart people do not go there.

Vilma

Hey Vi, It's me, yourself.. just a couple of years into the future. So you're graduating in May, congrats. You know, you should really try to attend your own graduation instead of ditching it to go watch the new release of Pirates of the Caribbean. Dude, college is serious stuff, really. I messed up really bad.. But this time around do it differently, think straight, and keep focused. Then maybe you could keep your new car. Dad took it away because I couldn't keep my head in the game. But you can make things right! Oh to save you trouble, go into Nutriology or Pharmacy! You will love it, I promise. Also, forget about Luis, he's a jerk. What else.. Oh! Friends are not forever, but that is OKAY. Take Lannutti for Biology and avoid Amaya, he will hive you hell, trust me. Also, lay off the coffee! It will catch up to you! One last thing, hug the heck out of mom. Love her and kiss her and cuddle her, don't leave it for later. Do it now. Sincerely, Me PS: Bad things will happen but keep your head up, you will be fine.

Teresa

Keep your head up and look towards your future. There are big mountains to climb in front of you. Guess what? The climb is more than worth it. Everyone around you will want to push you down. They will think you are crazy for taking 28 credits in one semester. You prove them wrong by ending up with straight A’s. Still think you can’t handle college? You have absolutely no idea how much you are capable of doing. Don't give up when you think you can't make it. Push forward and finish the uphill battle. There is always going to be a mountain in front of you that you are going to have to climb. Don't take the easy way around because it wont be worth your time in the end.Follow your heart, shut the nay sayers out, and climb that mountain. These moments may seem hard and challenging, but they are going to be what you remember the most. Some people may not understand your hopes and dreams. Here is what I want you to remember most: The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

Benjamin

The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey has a lot to offer a certain subsect of students- namely those who aren't really sure what they want to do or why they're in college. T

Hey Past-self, As your future-self, I feel it necessary to forewarn you about the trials and tribulations that you will be facing in the upcoming years of your life. That said, I suggest you heed these words. You're going to go to a school that you will feel is subpar. Though you feel like that, apply yourself from the beginning and don't wait around like I did. You'll find that this school will give you a better education than any ivy league education could hope to offer. Additionally, you're a worker; you always have been. Make sure that it doesn't consume your life. Your studies will forever be more important. Finally, it took me four years of school to finally pursue extra-curriculars and internships. Though I managed to do about four years of those things in one year alone, I suggest you start early. Those experiences not only helped me grow professionally, but made me friends that will stand by me forever. Don't be shy or self-conscious; just go. I hope these words help you as you go and pursue your future. Oh, and get a haircut. Signed, Future-you

Jessica, as a high school senior you have been faced with more hardships than most people your age. Going to college this year, you will meet a lot of people who will be so different than the people you've known your whole life, yet you will find more in common with these people then you could have ever imagined. Open your mind and your heart to this new environment. It will be terrifying at first, but everyone is feeling the same feelings you are. This is your chance to start fresh and be exactly who you want to be. But don't let the party get the best of you. Stay on track with all schoolwork and don't let anyone or anything stand in your way. Be confident and reach for the stars because you are the only one who can slow you down. Try and you will succeed, nothing will be handed to you.

Before I came to college I wish I would have known how to plan out my future and college career better. My first advisor was not the most helpful and I became a little behind in my schooling and financial aid. If I would have known how to better manage my course load and social life,

If you are looking for a big 10 party school, this is not the school for you. Stockton College is perfect for those who are interested in getting an education but still having a great time. There are activities to accomodate everyone from fraternity parties to movies in the cafeteria with a game night. It is a medium sized campus in the woods with apartments across the lake from the dorms and main campus. Visually it is large but everything is only a short walk away.

A true liberal arts college where the professors and staff are genuinely engaged with, interested in, and supportive of their students.

Being New Jersey's distinctive, green college.

The best advice I could have given myself would be to stay open to all the possibilities college has to offer. When I first started Stockton, I declared my major immediately. Political Science was what I had my heart set on in high school, so that's what I went with when I finally made it to college. Looking back, staying undecided would have been better. I found myself being drawn in different directions than my major dictated, and I eventually decided that that maybe was the point of this whole process for me. There were so many fantastically interesting options available; shutting myself off from exploring them was counterintuitive to the discovery inherent to higher education. Once I figured that out, I tried different things, took different classes, and found out that some of the things I was most interested in were things I stumbled into accidentally. That realization caused me to change my major to Literature - a field of study I never would have considered when I first arrived, but one that could not be any more right. And the fact that it took some trial and error to find it makes me appreciate it all the more.

Kevin

Attention: DO NOT ATTEND THIS COLLEGE. They will rip you off with garbage, sub-par classes taught by biased teachers with little to no primary resources to back up their lessons. They will take thousands from you and refuse to give a cent of it back when you present a list of good reasons . They will make you jump through flaming hoops to pay that exorbitant bill, and then tell you that they don't take Visa. WHO DOESN'T TAKE VISA? They will make you wish you had never gone to college after all the nonsense and embarrassment they will put you through. They will provide you with mediocre campus facilities, yet spend millions on a marble fireplace. They will close your favorite campus facility and never re-open it. Stockton's athletes have been working out in closets for two years. They will do everything within their power to siphon money and enjoyment from your life. DO NOT GO TO STOCKTON COLLEGE!

Rich mommies and daddies sent their children here. The students feel no responsibility to themselves or their work-most of them seem as though they can list a million different places that they'd rather be. Most of the students are from the local area, which is also a detriment to variety and culture in the student body. If you care about your education and lack an unlimited pocket book, this is not the school for you.

The academics of Stockton College are inconsistent and, frankly, a joke. For example, you can spend 50 hours a week studying and still fail, or you can never pick up a book and get an easy A. There is no intellect outside of class, as there is very little inside the class. The college does offer unique classes, but they are often very obscure and don't add much quality to the transcript.

There are a ton of frat kids, as well as stoners, at Stockton College. Be prepared to not like a large portion of the student body.

abraham

The advice i would give myself is to take as much credits or advanced placement classes and to put maximum effort in every material i take during the four years of high school. Also i would make sure to keep all the notes, homework, and exams organized and kept somewhere i can remember and look back on for future classes. I would also make sure to take advantage of the books and other materials that arent granted to you in college unless by purchasing the item. Finally enjoy the years of being with your friends, playing sports, having fun, and going to pep rallys and field trips because once you graduate its all about working hard and putting your all to what you decide is your next step in life and eventually make your dreams reality and accomplishing all the obstacles and goals that await for you in the future.

Nermin

If I were to go back into time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would have given myself is first off making sure to use time management wisely. What I learned in college that it is extremely important to manage your time because as a college student you are on your own and responsible for your tasks. Your mom or high school teacher isnt going to be there to remind you what needs to get done or what homework assignments you need to complete. So managing time is really important and this helps you get through your college career and grow as an individual. Also, I would tell myself that it is important to get involved on campus. Joining school clubs and organizations could help build a resume and make you feel less stressed about school work. Plus you'll make new friends who share the same interests as you. I feel that these 2 factors could help any college student succeed in their college career and motivate them to continue their studies such as a masters degree or PHD.

Nothing. I feel that at orientation the students and staff at Stockton did their best with explaing and sharing information about school.

I only started a week ago, but so far the worst thing is parking. The school is really packed but other then that I think that is the worst thing.

Stockton University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.