Stockton University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Stockton University

Cierra

I wish Stockton University took accusations of rape and hate crimes as seriously as they took parking tickets and plagiarism. Most students especially females tend to carry stuff on them such as pepper spray or a taser for protection while walking the the "dark path" (walking path on campus) because it is known to be dangerous. Stockton has great extracurricular activities on campus but the sport life is almost non-existence. There's some parties but it's mostly thrown by either the baseball, lacrosse house or the greeks. Dunkin is the best fast food on campus but always has a long line. The chickfila is mediocore as it's owned by chartwells. Everyone living in housing 2, 3 or 5 are required to be enrolled in a dining plan as they do not have stoves in their dorms. Housing 1, 4 and Atlantic City housing have the option to enroll in a dining plan but aren't required to.

Alison

Stockton University is perfect for a student looking for a smaller school that has quality academics, beautiful surroundings, and is not very city-like. It is very safe with the on-campus police always around. Overall, it is a great school to attend.

Kaili

Stockton University offers a safe campus full of friendly faces. A large majority of professors are willing to work with the students outside of the class as well as in the classroom. The downside of Stockton University is that it is mostly a commuter-school, but it is often hard to find parking in the lots in the afternoons. Overall, students enjoy their time at Stockton.

Susan

Stockton University is the only reason I would ever want to stay in NJ for the rest of my life. The professors are overall amazing and truly care about you as an individual, and the classes are both rigorous and exciting. While I have yet to experience the Atlantic City campus, I can assure that it is equally as safe and wonderful as the Galloway campus was to me for my entire 4 years there.

Mary Beth

The actual campus itself has constantly been evolving since its inception. It is very safe with well lit paths, campus security, and emergency call stations. There is a NJ state police station located at the back of campus (near the dorms). The dorms have been update with the most recent renovations along with just about everything else. This institution is primarily a commuter campus, although they are trying to change that. The surrounding area is safe, but there isn't anything within walking distance. The campus is embedded in the pine barrens and is proud of it! Atlantic City is not far away for those who are looking for an adventure in addition to the local pubs and restaurants. There are a variety of courses to take within your given major. Class sizes are typically small to medium in size. Professors are generally available during their scheduled office hours and always by appointment. The best advice I can give is to find an preceptor that believes in you and has the time to dedicate to your specific journey. The assigned preceptor does not have to be your permanent preceptor. Speak with a teacher or the department chair to find someone who will help you succeed during your study at Stockton University.

Stockton University is by far the best decision of my life. Great people everywhere, the most caring staff, most reliable networks. I couldnt have chosen a better place to extend my education.

Daniella

Stockton is now a university! It is located in the forest and there is a large lake in the middle of campus. It is 20 minutes from Atlantic City and an hour from Philadelphia. The professors and faculty care about their students and ensure that everyone is doing well. I wouldn't trade it here for any other college.

Jocelyn

Stockton University has been my first choice college since I stepped foot on campus at the open house in October 2015. It was marvelous and has not failed to prove me right upon attending. I'd re-choose Stockton over again and one of my favorites is that being a vegetarian and environmentally friendly, Stockton has impressed me with its conservation abilities.

Sydnei

I love it here. The campus is pretty when it is snow covered and when the sun is shining. There is not much to do on campus. Stockton is a small intimate community. You will definitely find your niche at this school since there are so many different clubs.

Victoria

Two-hundred and fifty words are surely not enough to describe the innovative, inclusive, intellectual, and picturesque beauty of Stockton University! As a freshman transitioning into my sophomore year this upcoming fall 2017 semester, Stockton University has truly captured my heart and IQ. As a BioChemistry major, it goes without saying my classes are challenging and consumes most of my time. Personally, I know what I have signed up for; however, my Professors are readily available for any questions and needed assistance. Meaning, when I proceed to their classrooms for help, I do not encounter a locked door and the classroom lights turned off! I am warmly greeted and guided through my confusion on the current chapter. Also, if your Professor is somehow not available, we have great tutoring services for the sciences, math, english, and ect. Not only is Stockton great with it’s academics, we are also an inclusive school that respects everyone's religion, sexual orientation, race, sex, and gender! During my freshman year, Stockton raised the LGBTQ flag to signify the acceptance we have as a community and the zero tolerance for anything else. This is one example from many I cannot disclose, but I do want everyone to know Stockton will protect your beliefs and every characteristic that embodies the perfectly imperfect you! In addition, our campus is adding new buildings dedicated to the sciences, and brand new campus housing on the Atlantic City Boardwalk! Please stop by and enjoy the many attributes Stockton has to offer!

Julian

A place to grow your career with an emphasis on applying what your learning to the real world. Ive been to campuses where the faculty and students are not really there for the academic however in Stockton University it is at the center of every day.

Makiyah

Stockton is a very small community but we are now expanding our campus. I'm glad to be around to see the campus grow and evolve. The professors and staff are usually pleasant. The food is alright and Stockton has a lot of healthier food options that most schools that I have visited.

kristina

although this is a state school, I am an out of state school and this was my first choice. I fell in love with the campus and the people I met on my tour were so sweet. Coming here was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I feel extremely safe and comfortable on and off campus. Most people are willing to help you if you just reach out and ask.

Stockton University is a school of excellence. With a variety of majors and classes, every student has many options to choose from being a liberal arts college, in order to get the best education from Stockton a student can get. It is a college of smaller classes, smaller groups of friends, and smaller extracurricular activities. All in all, Stockton is growing each year and anyone can get a very exceptional degree and education from.

Harmony

It is a great atmosphere to be around. The classes and teachers are great living on campus is amazing. I love it there. There is a great amount of opportunities and anyone can be involved. It feels like home, I get along with everyone i meet and it is an overall great experience.

Shera

Stockton is a smaller school than most the the average classroom size is about 30-40 people. The on campus housing is a little pricy but aren't they all. If you choose to pick off campus housing, there is an abundance of places you can go. The faculty care tremendously about the student. Overall it is a good school if you don't mind being secluded.

I really like the intimate environment of a small campus. It feels comfortable and people were nice. The class sizes are perfect and the cafe had many great choices. I look forward to attending. I also like the fact that they built a resident hall on the boardwalk at Atlantic City. I am excited for the journey.

Mikaila

its a warm welcoming environment, the classes are quaint and the professors are up to par. I have yet to encounter a negative experience in my duration of my enrollment. there are always opportunities for scholarships and the clubs and activities are always welcoming to new faces.

Christina

The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey now known as Stockton University is a wonderful school. The campus is beautiful, and with myself being a commuter there are still plenty of opportunities to get involved. The professors are friendly and always available. I always feel comfortable on campus. I would suggest this school to anyone.

Kaylee

I love Stockton University, it is much more affordable than other schools and provides a great education to everyone who attends. The Professors and Advisors go above and beyond to help you and show how much they care. Stockton is a great and friendly environment and I am happy to have chosen to attend.

Jamie

I could not imagine my college experience any where else besides Stockton. In the 4 years I attended undergrad, the school transformed into a university, and now when going to graduate school I am gladly staying at Stockton. The class sizes are small and the campus feels very safe.

Gianna

Stockton University is a campus I always dreamed of going to. I've never met more outgoing people that enjoy everything there is to about going to college. Stockton is a friendly, happy campus, professors and students are always around and ready to help in any way possible. There are so many sports and clubs to be apart of to the point where you are almost always involved in something. The campus just gives off an amazing positive vibe that makes you enjoy being a part of something so special and unique. I believe I will enjoy my further education at Stockton University and I cant see myself going to any other college.

Blessing

I love Stockton University because they give you a huge amount of support and care for the students. It's very diverse and welcoming to everyone that comes through their doors. They have great food options around the campus and it is really easy to find your classes because they are all in one huge long building. I can't wait to start in the fall of 2019.

Alyssia

Stockton University is what you make it. It is a nice school in an area that usually is pretty quiet. The diversity of the school is growing and the students are involved both inside and out of the classroom. The professors are nice and the class size for the most part is decent, never too many. The food is what you expect from a typical college except we have chick-fil-a.

Te'Ana

Before attending Stockton University I attended Montclair State University for my Freshman year of college. Unfortunately I did not like the school for multiple reasons but my #1 reason was due to the student involvement on campus. Montclair State did not have a warm and welcoming campus. But after I transferred to Stockton I immediately felt the change in the vibe from campus to campus. And I can happily say I love it here!

Carly

Stockton University is a great college... great academics, friendly students and helpful faculty. Generous scholarship money is available. The campus is very safe, beautiful, and lovely. There is a small lake and woods - overall, very natural setting.

Lindsay

Stockton University is an amazing school. We have great professors who really care about the students, a small class size so you won't be just a number, and many clubs and activities to get involved and meet new people. Stockton University is also located in the Pinelands, so the campus is surrounded by beautiful scenery.

William

The college is situated in a beautiful pine lands forest near a lake where students fish and kayak. It is a breath of fresh air to walk around the lake between classes. The academic programs is limited and you will be in classes with many of the same students with little variety. There is a lot of partying on weekends so if that is not your scene, make sure you find the right roommates.

Kwyla

It's really a great school, we have our own police department and there are always events to keep people occupied and involved. We are always extremely safe and take several safety precautions. There are groups for almost everything you might want to get involved in and our school is probably as diverse as other schools but we are trying to be more diverse and have several groups that strive for inclusivity while allowing for individuals with certain identities to feel welcome.

Alexa

As a sophomore in college, my experiences so far have been nothing but great. I have yet to have one bad teacher. All of the teachers here are focused on making sure all students are successful and are really enthusiastic when it comes to teaching. The teachers have office hours but are very flexible if their hours do not work with their students. Coming from a small high school, the class sizes here are very nice. There is always something going on around campus during the week, and on weekends, so it's never boring. The school itself is also in a great area because there are many things to do outside of school. While I still have two more years to go until I graduate, this school has provided me with a great deal of opportunities to grow and succeed as a student and as a person.

Bianca

I believe Stockton is a great college to attend to and get your degree at , I have been loving Stockton University when I was a little girl and it’s been a huge dream of mine to go there

Kaylee

I love it there so much. The environment is amazing and welcoming, I’m challenged in the classroom, the campus is beautiful (with a lake and trails right on campus and some new updated buildings) and the staff and student body are wonderful. I love it there and I can’t wait to go back for my spring semester!

Keeley

When I was a junior in high school, I fell in love with Stockton University. I had every intention of attending the school right out of high school, but the stars just weren't aligned. I decided to attend a community college for two years. After I finished my time at community college, there was not a doubt in my mind where I wanted to continue my education. Stockton has always felt like a home to me. I love the student life here; I have made some lifelong friends and people who will remain in my life for a long time. The academic achievements I have the opportunity to obtain are undeniable. I could not be anymore pleased with my choice of Stockton, and I encourage others to become ospreys as well.

Maura

Stockton University is a wonderful school with competitive academics, great professors, and a loving community. When I first arrived on campus, I was hesitant about going to school here, especially since it was not my first choice; however, I have grown to love going to school here, and have already become so involved on campus with clubs and volunteering. Stockton University is truly a great school, I'm so glad my path in love took me here!

Kristie

Stockton University offers a beautiful campus and small class sizes. The small class size allows for more interaction and discussion. Professors are always willing to help and take a personal interest in their students. Stockton offers a safe and close-knit community where students really feel connected.

Allyson

I love the school. Very academically challenging, but the professors are always eager to help you learn. The housing options could be more affordable, especially considering the fact that many of the buildings are aging. Many opportunities to get involved on campus.

Yomaris

Overall, I believe Stockton is the best decision I've ever made. This school has provided me with a vast number of opportunities in and outside the classrooms. The professors genuinely care about the students and do anything possible to aide in their academic success. I enjoy the small class sizes and the people are always very friendly and authentic. I am very fortunate to attend this school and blessed with all the great things that came along with it.

rebecca

It is a wonderful school with many class choices. The professors are great and welcoming, and the food is awesome. There's a lot of variety in all aspects, from food, to majors, to classes, to clubs. They offer a few different sections for the same class to allow students to pick the best time for them, and to allow any who want to take it to be able to get in. Class sizes are around 15-25 people so the professor is able to do more. They have special advising days so you can schedule to meet with your advisers, and your professors are easily accessible.

Bria

Stockton University is a unique college. Stockton has two campus both of the campus are very nice and safe to walk around if you are by yourself. The class sizes are very small and diverse. They have a class for freshman called freshman seminar to get to know the school and their classmates. I might go there , because the school is friendly. Also. Stockton is test optional. The housing is good, the only thing that I don’t like is that you have to use a community bathroom with all of your suitmates. The clubs are fun they are a lot of clubs and organizations to get into. The food is good to eat. They have a lot of good food options. They have different food sections for people who are vegans, vegetarians, and many more. They sell a lot of different variety foods. The sports are cool. Stockton doesn’t have a football team. But they have other sports. Their most popular sport is soccer. Everyone at Stockton is very friendly and nice . Very nice and small school community that is diverse . When me and my mom visited Stockton we both loved the school.

Marissa

The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, which has since been named Stockton University is my current school for my graduate program and was my undergraduate school as well. It is my fourth year of study and I have lived on campus during these four years as well. I am heavily involved as a tour guide, resident assistant, student worker, and participant in intramural sports. My favorite part of Stockton University is the people of Stockton. Everyone is extremely friendly and open-minded. Professors are regularly available, and the administrative offices are welcoming and ready to receive any issues you may have. The food on campus offers a wide variety of options. The student restaurant gives plenty of choices, although the quality could be improved upon slightly. One complaint or call to action I have is the quality of the gyms on campus. The gyms need severe help. Yes there are two gyms but they are very small indeed. In addition, the equipment is in desperate need of some TLC. However, the best option would be to replace the old machines since I know of at least one treadmill that contains bumps or uneven running ground. Overall, I love my school and I am receiving a great experience and education. The class size is ideal as well as the classrooms and labs. Stockton is widely expanding and there is construction on new rooms currently happening. Stockton offers that sleek modern architecture and is an ever growing and up and coming school.

Juliana

Stockton is an up and coming regionally accredited university that has greatly expanded over the past few years. Formerly known as The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, Stockton gained university status in 2015 offering undergraduate to doctoral degrees in a variety of fields accredited by program specific organizations (i.e. AACSB). Stockton has a very advantageous public health department that is committed to seeing their students succeed in the world of allied health professions. I took up a concentration in environmental health where I had the opportunity to take both public health and environmental science courses. This allowed me to take classes such as watershed hydrology that involved on-campus research projects. Stockton's location in the New Jersey pine lands makes it an excellent school to conduct environmental research. Social life at Stockton is varied. Several students choose to join a greek society while others may join an academic specific club. Academic specific clubs can be as simple a business society where students convene and study for upcoming exams, or you can go as far as academic housing. For example, nursing students have the opportunity to live together. This promotes unity in the program, provides a common bond among roommates, and gives students easy access to like minded peers for tutoring. Even if you do not join any clubs, there are usually free events on campus to get students socializing with one another. As I found in college during my senior year, the big question is: will I get a job? The answer is yes, if you put the effort in. When it comes down to it, Stockton is what you make of it. Take advantage of career center resume review days, mock interviews, and job fairs. Utilize Stockton's online job search engine and attend career panels to speak with alumni. Don't forget to network with professors and express your career goals to everyone you meet. By being proactive with your career search, you will surely come across employment at your commencement of four years.

I am a transfer student going to Stockton, it was a big adjustment going there but the overall atmosphere at the school is great! It's a clean, beautiful campus, there are always clubs getting involvement from other students, and it is close to the beaches!

Kimberly

In my opinion, Stockton is my home away from home. I have so many wonderful people and I just love the atmosphere that the college campus has. Its beautiful Lake Fred is such a great especially during the Fall and the Spring. I like how it is basically its own community and is surrounded by trees.

Erin

I recently finished my freshman year at Stockton University and I have absolutely loved it. The class sizes are perfect and you always feel as though the teacher is speaking directly to you. The housing is conveniently located on campus so you can get everywhere pretty quick. I would recommend Stockton to everyone.

Caitlyn

Stockton is a school that is up and coming, with new buildings being built everyday and their expanding to new places from Atlantic City to Woodbine, I have hope that in ten years that this will be a notorious school and will become a lot more competitive.

Cydney

Stockton is a spectacular school because it caters to every individual's needs. Stockton allows the students to express their creativity among clubs, sororities, academics and much more. Stockton provides teachers and alumni who help with each students individual needs.

Melissa

I'm a freshmen, so I haven't fully gotten into campus life, but from what I've seen at orientation, there's lots of different types of people. It seems to be a pretty average kind of college, lots of people you would expect to see at a college. There's not much I can say on the matter of the college itself but its seems pretty okay.

Kaleigh

Stockton is an amazingly beautiful school with plenty of room for everyone. It is a very diverse campus and you can always find something to do. It is not huge, but you're definitely not on top of one another on campus. The layout of the school is beautiful and the staff is always so helpful!

Melody

Stockton University is a great school to go to. There is so much to get involved in. The teachers are amazing and try to be available as much as possible whether in person or through email. I love it because it is close to home. I would definitely recommend this school to someone else.

Aidan

Stcoking University is a great place to go and learn more about the real world. Meeting people that will impact your goals for the future. Also the meal plans for this school is great and the restraunts are nearby. It very nice to live close to my friends on campus.