Stonehill College Top Questions

liam

the worst thing would have to be the food because it is very generic and it is run by Sodexo so they really don't care about the food. so it will end up tasting as bad as it was put together.

Nikia

The worst thing about my school would have to be the diversity. There are very few minorities and at first it was very hard for me to adjust to and I wanted to give up, but I want to be part of the change. I cannot give up and expect there to be a difference in diversity.

The worst thing about the school is the fact that a lot of people drink and if you choose not to, there are not a lot of options for you on the weekends. The school is working on more weekend programming to try to discourage drinking, but so far it has not been wildly successful.

I think what people assume to be a bad thing about Stonehill College is that it is a Catholic school. People might tend to think that because of its Catholic affiliation that school strictly follows the Catholic Church. However, I've met so many people of different religious backgrounds, and none of them feel excluded due to the fact that Stonehill is a Catholic institution. Stonehill is actually very accepting and welcoming of all religions. It's a very inclusive community.

I am really enjoying my college experience at Stonehill College. The professors are always available, the courses are challenging and I have made some great friends.

There tends to be a lack of diversity on campus. The school consists of predominantly white, Catholic women and men. However, there are multiple steps being taken to increase awareness and feelings of comfort regarding race and ethnicity on campus. For example, I have many friends that are involved in such clubs as Diversity on Campus, Asian-American Society, RISE, or the Intercultural Experience Program.

The financial aid: I do not recieved enough to pay for my education, and I have to get addition loans almost every semester no matter how many times I appeal my financial aid award. The staff in the financial aid office do not believe their policies are fair, but they never do anything to chance them because "that's just how it is." It's really expensive, and they keep raising the costs. I don't know where the money is going; it appears to just go into campus appearance. I would like to know where it is all going.

Helen

Our school is very small, so you tend to know the majority of the kids here. In other words it is like a big high school. THe ty.weather is very cold here during the winter and although we have ashuttle to take us to the train station into boston, the shuttle runs on odd time and can be fairly slow. The times are also poor. There is also little to no diversity.

Cortney

I love that Stonehill is a small school however it is frustrating that some classes are only offered once a year or once every other year. Becuase of the necessity of pre-recs there are some classes that are only offered once when I can take them so my schedule is pretty set in stone even though I'm only in my second year. It is frustating and I wish Stonehill offered more classes and a larger variety of fun classes that encouraged students to explore outside their major interest and the core-curriculum.

Ray

The worst thing about my school is the lack of overall diversity on campus. The majority of the student body consists of upper middle class Irish Catholics from the greater Boston area and surrounding New England states. There are very few people on campus who are not caucasian. This can be intimidating for people coming from more diverse populations.

I think the worst thing about Stonehill was the lack of diversity. Even as the school began to increase diversity, many students did not seem to be open or accepting to it.

The theatre is too small