Stony Brook University

« See more reviews of Stony Brook University

Althetic events are not popular at all. Few people attend them, but the administration is trying to change this. Thursday night is the traditional party night at Stony Brook. There are dorm parties (although it is not really allowed) and many clubs around campus. There are many fraternities and sororities which are either diversified or based on ethnic background. Weekends are rather dull at Stony Brook. Most people go home. Typically, on a Saturday night, I would go to one of the several places to eat around campus, the mall, or the movies.

Social life at Stony is highly overrated. The student activities board makes an attempt to put on programs but its nowhere near the level it should be at. People complain about a lack of things to do because the programs available are on the lame side. Outside of campus, this is definitely the kind of place where you need a car to have any real fun.

I would say the most popular groups are those based on ethnicity. In the corridor style halls they do, but not in suite style. Athletic events are not too popular except homecoming. I met my closest friends through people I knew before I came to stony brook and others were in my classes. If I was awake at 2 am on a tuesday I would be studying.

Football, Baseball, MENS Soccer. Im involved with mens soccer. Its a great group of guys and is my family on campus. Athletic events are not popular here. I met my closest friends through soccer. 2am on a tuesday im studying. People party often. Last weekend i went home. On saturday nights you can go out to eat or go to a club.

When i was a student at SBU my roomate and i would always leave the door open if we were relatively close to or in the room but others were way more cautious. Most of the people I met at SBU lived in the same hallway others were met through different friends. ???????Saturday??????

Well as a commuter my life is basically going to class and going home the social life on campus is minute. Stony Brook is not very good at mixing resident and commuter. Actually it seems they discriminate against the commuter and cater the resident.

Frats seem to be the biggest group, everything else seems not important at all. Not many of these events seem too important.People party every thursday, and any other chance. I am one among the many who go hme every weekend.

I have just recently gotten involved in Greek life and I love it. I have met some of the most amazing people and I would not change a thing. There is always something to do and someone awake to do it with.

Being part of a sorority I have found that there are many events/programs that occur on a daily basis that are interesting and worthwhile on campus-a definite plus to student activity options.

as a freshman or sophomore, you'll probably spend your time partying with the fraternities or end up at your local nightclubs around campus which cater to stony brook students.