Stony Brook University

« See more reviews of Stony Brook University

This school?s innovative science and engineering departments is renowned for its research, much of it in biomedical engineering. Many pivotal concepts originated here, including the inventions of the lifesaving drug ReoPro? and an ultrasound treatment to speed bone healing as well as the MRI, which won the Nobel Prize for Medicine. In other fields, Stony Brook researchers developed a thermoplastic paint for bridges and buildings made from old plastic bottles and the smallest possible electronic switch, as well as discovering the smallest primate in the world and identifying and recording 328 far galaxies.

What I love about Stony Brook is that the school tries to create events for its students, and I feel as if everyday there is some event, although you may not know about it. Every Wednesday we have "Student Life," where most of the events are located at the Students Center. For Homecoming Week we had music, blow-ups, free popcorn and cotton candy, and tons of fun. Also throughout the year we had events at the same location such as lasor-tag, relax-a-thon, comedy show, "Happy Hour," and dances. I also enjoy exploring the campus.

Stony Brook University is located close enough to New York City that one can take advantage of all the opportunities offered within the school and the large surrounding city. There are an immense amount of internships and job openings for students interested in many field. It truly provides students with experience in their major and offers credit for school as well. The best part is, the LIRR travels straight from campus to the city with easy accessbility. The opportunities opened for students at SBU is one of it's greatest assets!

I say that my school provides one of the best education there is in all teh fields of study. It has more than 100 majors and the research facility is on the par. Stonybrook has given rise to successful scientists, engineers and even actors and musicians. It has achieved so much in such a short period of time. Recently, the nobel prize for Chemistry went to group of scientists and one of them is a faculty memeber of Stony Brook! Such accomplishment is praiseworthy.

There were a lot of interesting courses offered, the library was awesome and had great hours, and the academic counciling was very good. The Staller Center for the Arts was a great center to see performing arts as well as meet people who where interested in arts. I had a lot of very dedicated and passionate teachers in the English department.

its very well known around the world for the research that its done; many of the professors are the leading experts in their field; we have great exercise facilities; the campus is beautiful; its a train ride away from NYC; we have access to some of the best beaches in the world

The campus is beautiful in the spring time. The trees start to blossom and the colors are just magnificent. The foliage in he fall is just as stunning. The faculty and staff are extremely nice and so helpful, they are always willing to take time out to help you with your problem.

I am lucky enough to live in a suite, and luckily i was able to choose not only my roomate but suitemates as well. We have a common room and we're able to throw parties or even just hang out together in larger amount of space.

The people are different and exciting, from a verity of unique and exotic places. The campus is also very beautiful, filled with trees and wildlife, yet, at the same time, I am only hours away from Ney York.

Size of University, Food selection, Cool Shows, More Credible degree, Freedom as opposed to rules other schools have, opportunities available, better quality of education, facilities, smarter population.