Selden, NY
Suffolk County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Suffolk County Community College

Monique

My school is best known for the diversity that exists among its students.

My school is best known for the diversity that exists among its students.

By attending a community college, I have the opportunity to learn without the huge price tag that comes along with a college education.

If I were able to go back in time, November 2008 would be the ideal time to which I would return. I would have to tell myself that selecting a school shouldn't be based upon name recognition alone. Sure, I wanted to get into a great school, but I would have had an easier time selecting a school in the spring had I applied to schools that I could actually afford. Going to a local community college has many benefits. I would have to tell myself that my friends who went away to expensive schools would be having financial difficulties while I am able to save money every month. I would have to tell myself to save the time, money, and grief that came along with applying to schools that I could never afford, and stay local in order to save enough to transfer to my ideal school. I would have to tell myself that in the end, all that matters is the education you recieve.

Katelyn

SCCC is known for its location, and sensible class size.

SCCC is known for its location, and sensible class size.

If I was allowed to go back to myself as a high school senior, and give myself advice, I would say three things. One, save as much money as possible. Two: sell Bradley (my horse), and three: domore practice for the SATs.

The walk ways around the school can be dangerous during inclement weather, and classes fill up fast.

bryanna

My school is a small community college, so everyone knows everyone and can be comfotable in their surroundings.

If I had the chance to go back in time, one of the most important things I would advise would be to work on my self confidence and remind myself that it's okay to receive a low grade every once in a while. I would have remind myself that while on tests I occationally blank out, I am a smart individual and can pull my grades up if I set my mind to it. I would tell myself that one poor grade would not call for future failures, but instead offer a chance to improve myself. I would also remind myself to be proud of all my accomplishments, and not react negativly to something positive when it comes to anything in life. Since there is no way for me to go back in time, I will try my hardest to remember these things. I will do this so when I look back at myself again in the future, I will know that continuing my education and bettering myself was a positive and a wonderful experience.

Anyone can attend this school. There are so many different ethnic groups and personalities, anyone can fit right in. We have teens, parents, grandparents, and disabled. This school is for anyone who wants to continue their education, or just to take a class to pass the time.

Philip

Never give in, let your pride go now rather than wait till college, your a smart kid and your pride can help you a lot to make yourself known but you can't ever let pride be you, only let your pirde show who you are. You are an Actor, work on your craft and make it yours

Anyone who is willing to put their pride aside that a community college is not like a real college and know that it isn't just how big the building is rather how big is your mind and imagintion.

I am following a career that 95% of them are unempoloyed. You cannot study to be an actor, you cannot find short cuts to be better. To be an actor is to open who you really are to the audience, to fill an empty vesal of words to life that is the character

Alisa

I fi could go back in time I would tell myself to prepare for how much money it is going to take to be in college. I would also encourage myself to be more into my studies because three years down the line I will be regretting that I was not focused from the start. I would also tell myself that I should have stayed at a community colege to begin with instead of going to a four year school first.

The best thing about my school is our professors. I have been attending this school for a year now and all of my professors were very helpful and really care about thier students. I have never had a problem with any of my professors and really enjoyed every class with them.

When bragging about my school I always talk about how we get such a great education for our first two years of college at a much cheaper price then going to a four year school. Suffolk Community is one of the best community colleges in New York state and I am happy that I love within ten minutes of it.

Jonathan

Suffolk Community is a great place for change; personal or professional.

Suffolk Community is a great place for change; personal or professional.

Id say: "Listen big guy, dont date the first girl you meet, remember that classes first semester are NOT optional, and eventually you will come to appreciate the important things in your life."

Students who are looking to expand their education towards a career. Suffolk is excellent and the choice of many looking to advance their careers or returning for a career change. Plenty of classes with night school usually an option. Also a great place to use as a stepping stone to four year universities.

Some of the kids in my class are crazy, you know, real rebels, for example like fixing bodywork in the parking lot of the school with a come-a-long and a big chain crazy, or taking trips through the woods with your classmates in between classes to test the four wheeling ability of all types of vehicles, even including Beamers; but I guess were not so crazy because we enjoy school, have a great time, and get a few laughs in with the teachers on a regular basis, and what other type of academic program could possibly top it?

The one piece of advice that I really wish that I could have given myself was to get my mind in gear and choose a major before the start of college, this way I wouldn't have to take two full semesters and one winter semester of Liberal Arts & General Studies due to the fact that I had no idea of what I wanted to do when I registered for college. Between the loss of my father and getting so many offers to different colleges in a vast amount of states across the country, and with no ideas as to what I wanted to do after High School, I was a bit stressed and therefore lost as to what I wanted to persue later in life. I am glad that I chose the automotive field to base my college studies in because I love my classes, my teachers, and the overall family atmosphere of the staff and the students within the program, as well as the fact that what I am learning now can be applied to everday life. Without transportation, the world wouldnt function, and my future will be a key element in making sure the world funtions efficiently.

To be honest, I wish that someone would have told me how much money tools cost, because after taking a peek at a Snap-On catalouge and discovering how much money it really took to buy the 'good-stuff', however, even though tool prices, prices for supplies needed regularly such as gloves and hand cleaner, as well as prices on diagnostic equipment and ectsetera are so uncontrollable, at least I am enjoying what I am doing and am truly getting a nack for it.

Suffolk County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.