Suffolk County Community College Top Questions

They do not recycle. They offer so many vegan and organic food options, but it's very hypocritical if we can't recycle that waste.

Renee

The lack of a social life. When it comes to going to school, I tend to attend my classes that I need and leave. There is not too many people to socialize with because students are constantly coming and going.

Since Suffolk is only a Community College, I am not able to get the "college experience" of being out on my own and living in a dorm away from my family. That I feel is a great opportunity for people to grow up and get a feel as to what it will be like on their own in the real world.

Keri

Overall Suffolk Community College is an excellent 2 year school. Starting off at a community school such as Suffolk is an easier transition from high school to college. However the parking at Suffolk is always hectic. Preparing yourself to search for a spot at least a half hour before your class to allow you to be on time is necessary on the Selden campus. Not only is it a hassle to find a spot but the student parking lots are much further from the classroom buildings which on a cold rainy day is always frustrating.

The walk ways around the school can be dangerous during inclement weather, and classes fill up fast.