Sullivan County Community College Top Questions

With my last semester in SCCC, working towards my bachelor's in Simulation and Game Development, I've learned three important truths. When I look back on myself just shy of two years ago, I feel the best advice I could give would be words of self improvement. Letting go of such a rigid idealization of who I was supposed to be helped me break the mold I had set myself in and allowed me to move foward. Therefore, my first piece of advice is that it is okay to reach out to people, ask for help and try new things. Secondly, remember to practice humility. Do not take criticism on your work as a personal attack. Instead, open your mind to the possibility that you can improve. My last piece of advice is to always be working on the things you love. Work on your career, yourself, your life, work with the people you care about and never give up on any of it. Create a foundation on the principles of your lifestyle which you can always build upon, the satisfaction with the quality of your life will know no bounds.

Never doubt yourself! I have spent a large part of my life feeling belittled and unworthy. Highschool is diffrent from the "real world." No matter what anyone thinks about you, you are the only one that controls where you go in life. I will always continue to strive for my goals as long as I believe in myself and I will never again relinquish my self power simply because some one else does not believe in me.

Cheryl

Knowing what I know now about college, if I could travel back in time, I would tell myself to get more help in math classes and give more speeches for english classes. Even though the math in college isn't that hard, I'm not as quick to get the answers, and some problems just don't make sense to me. I would tell myself to find study partners or even a tutor. As for the speeches, I would tell myself how important speech class is and how I should continuously practice on speeches and getting in front of people, which genually frightens me. With help from my peers, I would then succeed and over come my fear of public speaking. My past self would then known these two main factors that are really important which I did not know about college.

Hope

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd tell myself to not take life for granted. To take every opportunity that is given to me and to run with it! Failure at one thing doesn't mean that I'm incapable of learning, I just need to find another way to learn it. Most importantly, I'd let myself know that the world is full of limitless choices and that I should study what I love, there's no better job then one you wake up eager to get to!