SUNY at Albany

« See more reviews of SUNY at Albany

SUNY Albany is best known for their bussiness and pre-med programs. Also, they are known for advanced research and technology. The College of Nanoscience ad Engineering is is one of the school's assets because it gives students an opportunity to conduct very advanced and in-depth research (which often leads to many open doors). Another key characteristic of SUNY Albany is the size, it is very large (with approximately 12,000 undergrads and 6,000 grad students). Because it is located in the capital, many people are familiar with the college and mostly say good things about it.

SUNY at Albany is best known for its impressive professional schools, such as Law, Business, and Medicine. The motivation needed to get into these prgrams is found throughout campus. The students of SUNY at Albany are hard-working adults who want to live up to the expectations and requirements to be enrolled in such prestigous professional schools. That very motivation can be found through out all of the majors offered at the school, not only pre-law, business, or pre-med. Therefore, I go back on my word and state Albany's notoriety comes from its student's incredible motivation.

Suny Albany used to be a party school. In the recent years it has lost this reputation somewhat. There is strong emphasis on research and the University's nanoscience program. There are many strong graudate programs here including those in fields such as Psychology, Business, Nanoscience, and Biology to name a few. Our University recently erected a Life Sciences building which has many new machines and technologies to really facilitate the understanding and research of biological/chemical processes.

Being a student and interacting with my fellow peers, I've noticed that many of us do give back to the community. Many students and fellow friends of mine are involved in different committees, such as, Circle K or Service is Key. It's refreshing to ask a fellow classmate what their plans for the weekend are, and having them answer back with a, "I'll be waking up early for the AIDs Walk". I think that this campus has become very GREEN, and it's great to see the influence it has had on its students.

My school is best known for school of business and party school. For students who want to succeed and focuse in school, they usually get out with good GPA and get a job right after graduation. Most business students get an internship during their junior year. However, the school is also well known as a party school. It has a lot of clubs and bars around for weekend entertainment. Some students know how to have fun while doing well in school but it could also be a distraction for some students.

I think Albany is known to have a really fun weekend life, I believe in 2004 we were the number one party school and J-Kwon remade his tipsy song, the Albany remix. It is a lot of fun here on the weekends, there is always something to do, even if you don't like drinking there is Danes After Dark and sporting events and shows. It's a lot of fun, i'm never bored. Just cold.

I think SUNY Albany was best known for their partying. A couple years ago SUNY Albany was the #1 party school in the country. Now, I think SUNY Albany is starting to get a good rep for their education. Their criminal justice program is one of the best and their School of Public Health Grad program has a great partner ship with the New York State Department of Health.

Internationally known for its nanotechnology for grad students and recently opened it as a major to freshmen and transfers. It's also known for its former position on princeton review's fake statistics for being the number one party school. It's also known for strong english and mathematics courses. The weather is very infamous here as well. Cloudy, cold, snow, rain.

Well, ever since March/12/2011, our school has become widely known for the student riots that occurred on that day due to our " Kegs and Eggs" event. Because of this event, our school administration has decided to cancel the most memorable events in SUNY Albany, which is fountain day. Unfortunately, I have never had the chance to experience this day and never will.

Suny at Albany is widely known for its Early Assurane Program for those in pursuit of a career as a physician. The program assures a select group of capable students and assures them a garanteed spot in a Albany Med (Conditionally ofcourse,keeping a high GPA throughout). The program attracts many stuedents interested in medicine.