SUNY at Albany

« See more reviews of SUNY at Albany

UAlbany is a great school and I strongly recommend it to anyone looking to meet a ton of new people and be exposed to a lot. This school will make you a little tougher, since you might have to fight your way onto the bus, and cautiously walk home. But that can be a good thing. There is alot of school pride, so be prepared to hear random UA UA UA chants or the ever precious UA, YOU KNOW, which I often hear being screamed at the most random times. It's easy to get caught up in the school spirit, UAlbany really does have this over all united charm to it. While it is one big cement block, it makes the school one of the easiest to navigate, once you can tell the building apart. All the building are located around the major fountain, so you never have to worry about running up and down hills to get to a class on time. There is also a great "tunnel" system once the bad weather starts, which is October until April. The dorms are shitty, but they're fun too. The food sucks, but that's college.

I consider University at Albany unique compared to other schools in ways that involve inclusion and diversity. There are so may different programs as well as big/small events celebrating diversity and awareness. For example, there are many different types of programs that students can attend to, and those programs can range from health awareness to different types of cultures. Besides that major availability of programs, there are oppurtunities to be part of the programs as well. That's what makes University at Albany unique. Everyone and everything emphasizes inclusion and embracing those inclusions.

If one is looking for a campus with lots of cultural and ethnic diversity, SUNY Albany is it. The campus also has an immense amount of students, at least 15,000. I enjoy the annonmyous nature of the campus. It is very urban and professional feeling. The surrounding area boasts a huge amount of shopping, restaurants and other forms of entertainment. Many things are within walking distance and there is many modes of public transportation. The campus offers a large amount departments and one of the finest nano techonology departments in the world. There are also many famous professors.

My years in undergraduate played an important role in developing my personality, my intelligence, and my drive to succeed. Each individual takes this opportunity and turns it into what they believe is vital for their growth. I looked at these years as a challenge, academically and cognitively. Albany gave me the motivation and direction I was in search of, helped me understand the value of a social support network, allowed me to explore the world via study abroad and also develop my sense of community by leaving me confident that I have the ability to truly change the world.

SUNY at Albany is a unique place to study because of its prominent social experiences that accompany its studious goals. While many schools do not flaunt the idea of a prominent social life, SUNY at Albany embraces it. The social experiences I've had offered go hand in hand with my studies. From events to dicussions, Albany's plethera of opportunities help me look at my studies in a different way while benefitting my professional career. There is nothing more satisfying than being able to jot down all of the experiences I had at SUNY that will impress my employers.

My school is unique because there is a diverse population and a diverse surrounding community. Suny Albany focuses on giving back to the community and participating in community service. Many middle and high schools come to the campus and college students are able to tutor and mentor these students. Suny Albany participated in neighborhood clean-up days. Suny Albany has many students participating or running after school programs for middle and high school students off campus. This allows college students to learn how to work in a community and become a leader.

Honestly, UA was my last choice school and I ended up here because of money issues.. but now it's the only place I can imagine myself. It's home to me. The first few months were a rough transition but I love it and encourage anyone having a rough time adjusting to just give it time and do things you may not have before coming here - join a club you're kind of interested in, talk to that kid in class you think is cute, go out with your hallmates on a Tuesday night and sleep through your Wednesday morning class. You'll make some of the best memories here.

Although I came from a small highschool, I had little trouble fitting in and becoming cofortable at Suny at Albany. It was a concern of mine because I lived in a small town, next to a farm all my life and was not sure how happy I would be at Suny at Albany because it is a large campus in a much more urban situation than I am used to. After a short time I felt cofortable and am happy with my experience so far. The professors are very helpful and the students are also friendly and helpful as well.

SUNY Albany is a very diverse school and they have tons of programs and events and clubs to make sure everybody has a variety of activities to involve themselves in while they are attending the school. I believe that is what makes it so unique. Even if they dont want to involve themselves in any of the clubs, they cannot resist SUNY Albany's famous Fountain Day. This day is only celebrated at SUNY Albany and it is a day for they whole school to kick back, relax and come together in unity.

One thing about the University at Albany that I find very unique is how diverse our school is. There are students and faculty that come from over one hundred countries, to attend or work at the University. With the University being so diverse it helps understand people's background and that there are millions of different opinions about the littlest thing, I think because the University is so diverse it helps me be more open minded about the world and what is going on within it.