SUNY at Albany

« See more reviews of SUNY at Albany

I brag most about the podium fountain. In the middle of our academic podium, where most classes take place, is a huge fountain. Most people will see the tower that glows purple at night or notice when its bells ring. That tower controls the water pressure for the fountain and can be seen from almost anywhere on campus. The cool thing about it is it is okay to walk through and you can also play an epic game of Fountain Frisbee in it. The water raises a little over the ankles. At 10am and 10pm, their is a water shower where water shoots out the jets in the center of the fountain. There are lights that make the water turn color and it becomes half the size of the tower. It is one of the most awe inspiring events on campus and it happens every day and night until they drain the fountain for the winter.

I make sure I tell people that Suny Albany is an amazing school. Although at first I didn't want to go here, I have learned that the Professors look out for your best intereset. There are so many extra curricular activities that you will never get bored, when your not studying, there are intermural & division1 sports, clubs, dance associations, community service and much more that anyone would find interesting. Students here are welcoming, friendly and accepting. I believe that with the next 2 years, I will be well prepared to go into the real world.

Discussing my school with my friends, I like to brag about how much I love certain teachers, like my Psychology and Science teachers. Intelligent, attentive to students, funny, and just being themselves, they are the best teachers I've had at this school so far. I could tell they absolutely love the subject they teach, and that in turn made me get interested and active with the materials as well. Without them, I would have no motivation to get past the awful teachers and find the better ones.

You are able to walk around and not know everybody but know enough people to be comfortable. The Academic Podium where the classes are is very close to every dorm builing on campus it is less than a 5 minute walk away. Fountain say is the most fun and school spirited day all year. Free transportaion around the city on the city buses and you can walk just off campus for a lot of things. The part scene is a mild or crazy as you want it to be. School is challenging and keeps you focused.

I always talk about how many friends I have made. No matter what type of person one is, they will find a group of people with whom they can relate. I completed my undergraduate studies in Albany and liked the area, so I decided to stay and pursue a graduate degree in biology. Also, there is a lot of opportunity in the surrounding area for prospective careers. SUNY Albany is known as a party school, but if an individual applies themself, they will go down a positive career path.

There are a lot of things to brag about at the University of Albany. There are tons of programs and groups to get involved in, and most of them are online so they are easy to follow. The university is located in a great area with much to do, such as two malls, Stuyvesant plaza, and downtown Albany is full of places to go. The campus food is even great, especially the all you can eat dining halls. UAlbany is a pretty great place to be, in my opinion.

At the University at Albany, there isn't a shortage of activities to become involved with. The campus is absolutely beautiful, and the people there are very diverse and great acquaintances. The faculty is the best part. They are there to help you to succeed and the best part is that you don't always need an appointment to see them. They are available for help when you need it and can always be reached by email if need be.

I think Suny Albany is a great university and I'm glad that I chose this university. Although I'm still a freshman, I had learn a lot about this this unverisity already. When my friends ask me about giving advice of what college to chose and how do I think about Suny colleges I always promote them to chose Suny Albany because I think this unversity give us a lot of chances to learn and explore about our future.

In all honesty, I do not have good social skills so I do not have many friends. I am also religious and my religion (Islam) states we should not show off or brag. That means we cannot brag even the smallest of a grain of salt. But if I were to brag, I would tell my friends that the environment allows us to make friends and enjoy ourselves while taking academic classes towards our individualized majors.

I will tell them that my school is very beutiful, the environment there is nice. The classmates and professors are also nice. Studying is very busy and there are many homework to do, but we can learn much from study so it is valuable. The food in my school is also rich and delicious. I find study in univeristy is busy but also valuable. I also want to purse my PHD degree in my university.