SUNY at Albany

« See more reviews of SUNY at Albany

If you are looking to attend SUNY Albany then you have to be willing to try new things and grab at opportunities. If you are looking to be comfortable and to stay in your room all day, this is not the college for you. In order to have the most fun, you must be willing to explore and to make friends and acquaintances wherever you can find them. People will notice if you sit in your room all day, every day and some will try to get you outside so if you want to be a hermit, it is not going to be here. You also will not be happy here. You do not have to be an extrovert or a party animal to get along well, you just have to be willing to take a little bit of a chance. Everyone is looking for friends and to have a good time so make the most of that.

People attending this school should have a strong desire to engage in different cultures, political mindsets, and religious principles. There is a focus on reaching out from your personal "bubble" inorder to better understand and relate to the world. As a liberal arts school, SUNY Albany's goal is to form well rounded individuals ready for the work place. However, being ready for the work place is not everything at Albany, and there are many programs which encourage people to interact on levels beyond career orientated activities. People attending this school should be driven to grow!

Since this is a large University, there are opportunities for a wide variety of individuals. While it is true that Albany is something of a party school, and therefore students looking for a not-altogether-challenging courseload and weekends filled with partying will be able to find exactly that, there is *much* more available. Anyone hoping to Study Abroad will be excited by the locations available. SUNY Albany is a "what-you-make-of-it" kind of school. If you choose to dive into difficult courses and join any of the hundreds of clubs, school will be challenging and enjoyable.

To attend this school, one should be open minded. Someone who is open to new experiences, making new friends, and learning new things will enjoy this environment. For a student to attend this school, they should not only have a willingness to learn in the academic sense, but also in the social sense. Students that attend this school are put in a position to interact with many different types of people, those of which they may have never interacted with before. A positive attitude and an openness to others are the best traits to have at a school like this.

The person that should attend the Suny Unverisity @ Albany should be outgoing, freindly and all about the a higher education. My school has all the means to provide a solid college education, but the perosn must want to excel in the field of study. A hard worker who is ready to begin the next chapter in their life would be a perfect candidate for my school. Outgoing helps because there are so many thing to get into that a loner would miss everything that is happening. A sports person would be great , Albany takes it sports to a higher level.

Yes, it's a party school, if that's your thing. However, UAlbany also works well for the serious-minded student. You can be social or anti-social, there's a fit for everyone. Make sure you ask around about which professors to take, there are absolute gems, which can make or break your experience. Especially if you're a NY resident, there aren't may better deals considering educational quality and price of admission... and yes, it's a party school. Even if you're not a regular partier, it's nice to have fun options to unwind!

Suny at Albany is a place for hard working individuals. Even thought there are lots of services around campus that help students get back on track if they begin to deviate from success, everything is ultimately in the hands of the students. People that have a determination level through the roof would succeed tremendously here. This is nothing like high school, especially the lecture classes, which the majority of freshmen take. Students have to be in the right mind state if the plan on attending SUNY at Albany and succeeding.

A person who is willing to work for a proper education should attend this school. I personally believe that the Psychology department in this school is superb. Those who are interested in research and psychology should think about applying here. SUNY at Albany is a very friendly environment. It is easy to find make new friends here. Also, most of the staff here are willing to help out their students in any way possible. Those who are looking for a decent education and living environment should attend SUNY at Albany.

perhaps a person who want's to just go to school and then live thier life. i dont believe the school life interferes with the social life at all here. maybe the social life does interefere with the school life, but definatley not the other way around. i coincidentally made friends with the people in my major, they just happend to be fencers like me, but that doesn't mean everyone else will be as fortunate as i was. but the school work definatley did not screw up my chances of making friends, that's for sure.

The University at Albany has a lot of affiliated specialty schools like the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, so it is a good place for these certain interests--which someone should research. I also know that it has the second best Criminal Justice program in the country. Basically, Albany is one of the best SUNY schools, and the SUNY system is one of the best educational systems in the country because it provides student with a very good education and it's a lot cheaper than any private school.