SUNY at Albany

« See more reviews of SUNY at Albany

Someone who is xenophobic or uncomfortable with diversity shouldn't attend this school. SUNY at Albany exposes its students to an array of ethnicities, languages, and cultures; various backgrounds, academic interests, and goals; and many interesting clubs and organizations, all of which enhance the experience of every student who is and feels a part of this school's community. If the diversity to which each student is exposed to on a daily basis isn't sufficient, there are also additional, unique opportunities that can be found, which is one of the many reasons I love SUNY at Albany.

I would recommend that any person who can't sit down and dedicate some time, every day, to studying, then they should consider another school. There are a great deal of social activities on and off campus, and it is easy to be distracted by friends who don't have the same schedule that you have. There always seems to be something going on that is interesting and it entices people to go; most of those people are attractive and will entertain a conversation with anyone who wants to talk to them. Avoid Suny Albany if you have no discipline.

I feel that SUNY University at Albany is a wonderful school that prepares its students for any career they pick and helps them achieve all their goals. So in my opinion, the kind of person that shouldn't attend this school would be someone who doesn’t take their work, future career and themselves seriously. Also, someone who does not wish to grow as a person, create great memories and have a chance to be a part of a school that will help lead them to a path of success and maturity.

Close minded individuals will not like SUNY Albany. This is not a place for people to come if they are not willing to grow their mind or view the world through a different lens than their own. Here at Albany, we are proud of our ethnic and intellectual diversity, thus individuals who do not tolerate others, or who are arrogant about their beackgrounds or supposed superiority, should be aware that this is not the enviroment for them.

The only kind of person that I can think of that shouldn't attend SUNY Albany is a very closed-minded person. One who is not open to new ideas should not attend a University with students who have different interests or ideas than they do. Of course, my idea of a student is one who wants to learn new things inside and outside of the classroom. Thus, I could never understand why anyone wouldn't enjoy this University.

People who are looking for a small intimate campus. SUNY Albany is a large campus with thousands of students. There are many large lecture centers, and very tight living quarters. Also the school is right in the city of Albany, and even though there are many country activities in the towns surrounding Albany, if you do not wish to live in a city, SUNY Albany might not be for you.

I dont think you should attend this school if you're not serious about your education. This school might not be well known, but it expects a lot from its students and it a big research university. The lectures are big and they go at a brisk pace, so you better be prepared. This school is also pretty liberal so if your ignorant or close-minded, this isn't the place for you.

I think the University at Albany is an institution dedicated to educating the young minds that will lead the state of New York. Hence, I think that someone who doesn't take education seriously and isn't committed to take advantage of all the learning opportunities designed to foment student progress available at UAlbany should not attend this prestigious school.

Procrastinators and those with poor time management skills should not attend this school. You have to able to produce quality work and get it in on time. Also, there are an abundance of groups, fraternities, and sorities that you could join so you need to effectively manage your time in order to get your school work done and be apart of student life.

Most people attend UAlbany becuase they believe it is a huge party school. Well sorry to tell you, it is not. Students who are not highly motivated and not ready for a rigorous academic schedule should not attend this university. A person who does want the most out of their education should also not attend this school.