SUNY at Albany Top Questions

Katarina

Someone who is xenophobic or uncomfortable with diversity shouldn't attend this school. SUNY at Albany exposes its students to an array of ethnicities, languages, and cultures; various backgrounds, academic interests, and goals; and many interesting clubs and organizations, all of which enhance the experience of every student who is and feels a part of this school's community. If the diversity to which each student is exposed to on a daily basis isn't sufficient, there are also additional, unique opportunities that can be found, which is one of the many reasons I love SUNY at Albany.

Sharon

Someone who is afriad of individuality. The social life around here needs you to be strong, have some tough skin and not be afriad to stand out. If you've been very sheltered and hide behind others you may want to think twice about suny albany as your number one choice.

Ryder

The kind of person who believes that life and all of its opportunities for its betterment will simply be granted to him without any striving or passion on his/her part. Same thing I would say for any university applicant.

BEGUM

SOMEONE WHO IS LAZY AND DOES NOT WANT TO DO WORK SHOULD NOT ATTEND TO THIS SCHOOL

Anyone who isn't serious about college or getting an education. State schools are much more expensive than they used to be, so if you don't intend to try, don't waste twenty thousand dollars a year.

Anna

The only kind of person that I can think of that shouldn't attend SUNY Albany is a very closed-minded person. One who is not open to new ideas should not attend a University with students who have different interests or ideas than they do. Of course, my idea of a student is one who wants to learn new things inside and outside of the classroom. Thus, I could never understand why anyone wouldn't enjoy this University.

Shawn

someone who doesnt like to party

Shannon

someone who is sociable and ready to spend alot of time on thier studies while still being able to have fun and meet new people.

Alba

Some one who wants a school where they get to know everyone, or wishes to attend a small country side university.

Fazeela

Someone that does not enjoy having a good time or getting to know people.

Katey

Someone who thinks they can slack off to "just get by". SUNY Albany is serious about its academics and if someone doesn't feel like trying their hardest, it's not for them.

Melissa

Someone who can't manage themselves. There is a lot of reading and independant work that has to be done outside of the class in order to get a good grade.

Lijing

people who really want to get a nice career shouldn't attend this school.

Krystal

All people are welcomed at my school. With all of the activities and school clubs, anyone should not have too much difficulty finding a place to "fit in".

Desiree

Most people attend UAlbany becuase they believe it is a huge party school. Well sorry to tell you, it is not. Students who are not highly motivated and not ready for a rigorous academic schedule should not attend this university. A person who does want the most out of their education should also not attend this school.

cynthia

Someone who isn't adaptable. The school is what you make of it. The resources are there, you might just need to put more effort in.

Mariame

The students who is forced to go back to school. He/she is wasting everybody's time and money.

Cadidra

Someone who does not like big schools

shonnell

someone who is very lazy and not academically challeneged

Jose

I think the University at Albany is an institution dedicated to educating the young minds that will lead the state of New York. Hence, I think that someone who doesn't take education seriously and isn't committed to take advantage of all the learning opportunities designed to foment student progress available at UAlbany should not attend this prestigious school.

Joseph

a shy person who does not make friends easily.

Alexandra

I guess they have a good business program. If you like to drink and you're from long island go here you'll fit right in.

Johanne

Anyone can attend, there is no such thing as a type of person that shouldn't attend this school.

Chanell

I would advise a person who does not like to be surrounded by a variety of people or a large group of people not to attend SUNY at Albany because it is a very big school with very large classes. Someone who is more comfortable in a small setting may be overwhelmed with the amount of students there.

Denee

Someone that isn't williing to get involved, or is looking for a "party school"

Rebecca

Do not attend this school if you need to learn from someone you have a relationship with. You will become a number, and individualization is not common in a lecture classroom that could have as many as 200 students in it.

April

I feel that SUNY University at Albany is a wonderful school that prepares its students for any career they pick and helps them achieve all their goals. So in my opinion, the kind of person that shouldn't attend this school would be someone who doesn’t take their work, future career and themselves seriously. Also, someone who does not wish to grow as a person, create great memories and have a chance to be a part of a school that will help lead them to a path of success and maturity.

Sam

well, most inner-city individuals usually do not like the Suny Cobleskill campus because there is such an agriculteral type "vibe" that is present. I' am not even from the city and I didn't really care for the campus.

Someone who can't handle keeping focused in large class rooms or can't keep focused and get work done in an environment where people really enjoy partying/drinking.

Slackers and partiers!

Teresa

Someone who is going to party all the time. You will end up flunking out or just ruining your GPA.

Stephan

I would recommend that any person who can't sit down and dedicate some time, every day, to studying, then they should consider another school. There are a great deal of social activities on and off campus, and it is easy to be distracted by friends who don't have the same schedule that you have. There always seems to be something going on that is interesting and it entices people to go; most of those people are attractive and will entertain a conversation with anyone who wants to talk to them. Avoid Suny Albany if you have no discipline.

Helen

Someone who isn't open to diversity, or change. Someone that might not enjoy the school may be very kept to themselves and when we have basketball games, or other 'school spirit' events going on, might not enjoy that.

Ayoade

A person that cant handle avademic pressures and a mixture of high social life

Meagan

people who are not social or outgoing or people who want to go to a school with not a lot of people and small classes

someone who is very dependent on other pushing them to do well

Jeremiah

I dont think you should attend this school if you're not serious about your education. This school might not be well known, but it expects a lot from its students and it a big research university. The lectures are big and they go at a brisk pace, so you better be prepared. This school is also pretty liberal so if your ignorant or close-minded, this isn't the place for you.

chelsea

someone that doesnt want to go to a very diverse, larger school

Someone who does not mind big campus's but at the same time also appreciates smaller classes as they get more into their field.

Randy

Everyone can attend. you learn to be sociable

Katherine

Procrastinators and those with poor time management skills should not attend this school. You have to able to produce quality work and get it in on time. Also, there are an abundance of groups, fraternities, and sorities that you could join so you need to effectively manage your time in order to get your school work done and be apart of student life.

facelys

everybody can attend

Rosslady

Someone who thinks that college is all about partying and getting wasted should not attend this school.

Melissa

Someone who doesn't want to work hard or put in the effort to do well in class.

Hariklia

Someone who doesn't want to succeed in life, someone whos isnt' t looking for a challenge. A person shouldn'te attend to this school if they dont want to interact with other students, professors, and faculty memebers. Someone who doesn't want to learn other cultures.

Vanessa

Anyone who is not open to change or diversity should not attend this school.

Dave

Someone who is afraid to stand out in a crowd might not do well at this school. If a person is interested in the school mostly for its party life, they should reconsider because it can be easy to get sucked into it without some sort of academic goals.

Sean

Close minded individuals will not like SUNY Albany. This is not a place for people to come if they are not willing to grow their mind or view the world through a different lens than their own. Here at Albany, we are proud of our ethnic and intellectual diversity, thus individuals who do not tolerate others, or who are arrogant about their beackgrounds or supposed superiority, should be aware that this is not the enviroment for them.

Ilana

people who dont like to have fun

Tara

People who are looking for a small intimate campus. SUNY Albany is a large campus with thousands of students. There are many large lecture centers, and very tight living quarters. Also the school is right in the city of Albany, and even though there are many country activities in the towns surrounding Albany, if you do not wish to live in a city, SUNY Albany might not be for you.