SUNY at Albany

« See more reviews of SUNY at Albany

Lately, the thing about this school that I have found the most frustrating is the aggressive ignorance of some of the students. The point of going to school is to learn, and so many people close themselves off to the college experience. Many of the students that attend this school are caucasian, heterosexual, and middle class. They don't understand what it's like to be oppressed, so they ignore oppression. Some have even convinced themselves that oppression does not exist, so much so that they are willing to argue with oppressed people about the subject.

There really isn't anything frustrating about my school that stand out at this time. The weather can be alittle frustrating for the winter months due to the fact that is gets very cold and the snow will show itself at any given time in the winter. The spring and summer are just great in at Albnay. The only other thing that I can mention is the dorms. There are dorms that have common bathrooms that I can not share so with that in mind I have been very lucky to have a suite dorm for two years so far

The classes are very big with many students, therefore it is hard to get the teachers' attention to only me. It is also hard to talk about my personal issues with the teachers and how those problems sometimes affect my grades since they only care about how I perform not what I go through in life. School works are very frustrating to me. The teachers usually do not care about my reasons for not getting work done on time, they could be very tough on grading and give out failing grades easily.

The most frustrating thing I have found here is that there are almost too many things to do. The extra curricular activites are made so that they attract so many people. i wish I could do them all but I would then have a problem handling my school work. It gets frustrating because I feel like I am missing out on some activities that I would love to do. I try to balance it out so I do several different things per smester or year, however there is just not enough time in the day!

The most frustrating thing for me personally would have to be trying to get a job because I don't qualify for work-study but am in great need of a job that isn't to stressful . It seems to me that the only jobs available for someone in my situation are jobs like in the dining halls where I wouldn't be able to get any work done. I really wanted to try to find a job at some place like the Chemistry lab building or the desk at the gym but it seems impossible at the moment.

I don't get frustrated easily because I have a very level head, but if I had to pick one thing about my school that frustrates me it would probably be the bad reputation it gets for partying. A lot of people think that SUNY at Albany is a huge party school and that's all anybody does there, but it is such a misconception. I wish the school and the media would recognize all the great things our students are accomplishing as well as our not so proud moments.

The most frustrating thing about my school is signing up for classes. Each semester it's a race to get into the classes you want. Every class seems to have it's seats saved for freshmen and transfers. When you really want a class there is usually a lot of e-mailing to do to the professors of the courses, and if that doesn't work then you have to wait for the first day of class to get a permission number that you're not even positive you can get.

The most frustrating thing about SUNY Albany is when the fire alarm goes off in my dorm, everyone has to evacuate from their rooms and go outside . This happened a few times during last semester and it was freezing cold outside. It would be terrible if you were taking a shower and then fire alarm goes off. I see people coming out of the dorm with shorts on or a towel on. What's more frustrating is that you don't know why the alarm goes off.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the ridiculous parking. It is so overcrowded all the time, and I don't think it's fair that the teachers get the closest parking and the students have to walk really far just to get to class on time. I also think that the school should do a better job of snowplowing the sidewalks and covering them with salt. It's always way too slippery in the winter.

Although I enjoy attending the University at Albany, I think the most frustrating thing is the issue of having essentially no free time. Being involved in three organizations and taking eighteen credits has taken up all of my time here. I constantly remind myself that I am here to receive an education and build up my professional experience which is why I stay so dedicated and involved.