SUNY at Albany

« See more reviews of SUNY at Albany

I believe that the educational resources available at SUNY at Albany are wonderful. There are services for stundents in need of tutoring or mentoring. You also have academic councelors that offer you more that just educaional advice and support. The professors and other staff members are all invested in each student recieving the best college education possible. Also, there are many activities and events on campus to meet almost any area of interest. These extra curicular activities are open to all members of the student body. There are also many fraternities and sororities, for those interested in greek life.

My school is extremely research-focused. When I first enrolled two years ago, I underestimated the importance of this feature to the expansion of knowledge, innovation, and the continuation of education. Now that I am an upperclassman and have engaged in some independent, anthropological research of my own, I realize how critical it is to the academic experience and growth as a scholar. The best thing about SUNY at Albany is the availability of research opportunities and the resources to carry out such investigations. Incredible opportunities can be found here when one simply takes the initiative to look for them.

What I enjoy most about SUNY Albany is the diversity of the student body. Students come from many different backgrouds and have many different areas of interests and there is something for everyone at the University. The campus life also fits different personalities. There are quiet places to sit and read, many different clubs that gather together throughout the day and things for the students to do on and off campus at night. SUNY Albany is also surrounded by a few more colleges which makes being off campus a little more comfortable because there are other students

The advantages of going to a school away from your home is the concern of the Resident Advisors/Director and school staff to make the transition easier. In SUNY at albany there are various workshops on campus, accessable study locations, and different organizations to join that can pertain to your interests; that has made it much easier for me to be away from home. The student body although composed of students from different places have all come together, and we have been able to create a warming, nurturing yet educational environment where we can co-exist together.

Among the many great things about SUNY Albany one of the best things about this university is the diversity it offers on campus. You get to meet people from different backgrounds, learn many different languages and learn about different religions. This university offers courses in almost every field and is a known leader in Nanotechnology. I become friends with a girl from Malta, a place I had once heard of but now I know so much about because of her. I joined the American Indain Alliance on campus and learned so much more about the country I am originally from.

The diversity of UA is definitely the best aspect of the University. However, I am not just referring to racial and ethnic diversity. In almost any classroom there are slackers who are satisfied if they just pass the class, achievers who want the best grade, and everyone in between. Then, when you leave the classroom, there are people with all kinds of interests, from going green to partying to fitness. There is really a place for everyone if you just look for it. The interesting thing, though, is that the professors are just as diverse as the students.

There a lot things that i like about University at Albany, but one of the best thing is the relationship between students and the faculty member. As a biochemistry major and math minor i always try to develop strong relationships with my professors. They are always willing and available to help, they also provide helpful guidance and advice on how to be a successful stuedent. Another important thing i like about my school is that the students are very friendly and accepting of each other's race and culture which enable us to have a great social life.

At the University of Albany, we are known for being an excessivley large school. I simply see it as a school which accepts all types of people for who they are, and gives an individual the opportunity to make lifelong friends. I see a remarkable amount of social interaction occuring; with students young and old, athletic and artistic, the beautiful and the intelligent. Simply because there are so many people to connect with there is the key point which allows me to call the University at Albany "home."

I love the SUNY Albany Honors College. It makes me feel better about having to go to a state school even though I was accepted at many other prestegious universities. The Honors classes challenge me and definitely force me to prioritize. Not to mention, all the Honors students are tight knit and we are all on an almost level playing field when it comes to how much we focus on school. It's very helpful not only on my transcript, but it's a great way to meet people.

At the State University at Albany the dorms are close to the main podium where all of the classes are. This is the best thing about the school because it makes going from the dorms to classes easier and helps when it gets cold and wet outside. When it is bad weather outside, the walk will be short so students do not have to stay out in the cold for to long, unlike at other Universities where students walk a considerable amounts of time to get to and from classes.