SUNY at Binghamton Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

Kimberley

There are five main communities: Dickinson, Hinman, Newing, College-In the- Woods (CIW) and Mountainview. Then there is Susquehanna and Hillside. These two are apartment styled and for upperclassmen and "non traditionally aged" freshman students. Dickinson is the oldest community. It's corridor style. It has the oldest dorms and is the least expensive. It's room are, on average larger than the other communities' rooms. Mountainview, Hinman and CIW have suites. Mountainview is completely suite style and has air conditioning. CIW is the largest community. It has both suites and corridor style rooms. The tutoring center is also in CIW. Hinman is suite styled. Newing is the newest community and also houses the collegiate center, and one of the discovery centers. Each if these communities have their own stereotypes. For example CIW is seen more for the nature and music lover and Dickinson is known to have the closest overall community.

Kimberley

Kimberley

The dorms are livable. They are obviously not the greatest living situation, but no college dorm really is. Binghamton has many different dorm options, varied dependent upon the selected "Living Community" that you choose. The University has 5 different on-campus living communities, each with their own style of dorms. The dorms vary from the corridor double style of Dickinson, to the high-end suite style dorms of Mountainview. Each community also has it's own dining hall nearby.

Mischa

This video takes you to one of the best dorms on campus to one of the more standard double rooms on campus. The first suite you'll see is a six person suite in Mohawk Hall, which is part of the College in the Woods Community. The second dorm you'll see is in Digman Hall, part of the Dickinson Community, where most freshman are placed.