SUNY at Binghamton Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

The food provider here is Sodexo. Dining hall food is, for the most part, average college food. Sometimes they serve things that are completely questionable, but there are those rare delicious dishes. Healthy options are generally much more expensive than, say, pizza or cheeseburgers, but even so, there are a lot of options for those conscious of what they consume. The Sodexo employees that work the registers and behind the counters vary. Some are exceptionally peppy and sweet, and some are grouchy and unpleasant all the time. Just choose the register with the cashier you like, and you'll be good. There are Nite Owl cafes around campus as well, and they're open until about 2 or 3 in the morning on weekdays and later on weekends. They're usually offer the kinds of things you'd find at gas stations; ie. chips, milk, and just your general grocery needs. Each Nite Owl has something different to offer other than the standard grocery options though, so it's good to check all of them out and figure out your favorites. As well as these residential options, on the main campus are several cafes such as Jazzman's, and a food court with chain restaurants like Sbarro.

Binghamton has some pretty good dining options. It's catered by Sodexo, and although it may seem limited after a while, there's a lot to choose from. Each dining hall has an international station, ranging from Asian to Mexican cuisine. All have a salad bar and a sandwich station that make whatever you want. Our Union has Taco Bell, Jazzman's, and Sbarro's, along with a bunch more!

Mischa

This video shows how a student would cook in a dorm hall on campus. Specifically, pasta with sausage.