Fredonia, NY
SUNY at Fredonia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY at Fredonia

The perfect size for me, I meet new people alot, but I love always seeing good friends or familiar faces.

I can honestly say that the past three years at SUNY Fredonia have been the best years of my life. I am dreading graduating this year because that means I will not get to see my favorite people everyday. The thought of leaving Fredonia devestates me. Fredonia is the perfect size school, I am constantly meeting new people but I always see good friends and familiar faces everywhere. The faculty is very helpful and the class size is intimate, ranging from 15-25 students, with a couple of lecture classrooms. The valuable education, best friends I have made and overall experiences have forever changed me and have shaped who I am today.

Someong going for pre-med/pre-law

It's theater, art and education departments. They are some of the best in the state.

My key advice is to keep an open mind. I had my heart set on a big campus far away from my hometown but when I wasn't offered enough financial aid, I scrambled to apply to cheaper schools. The school I chose is small and right next to my hometown, but I absolutly love it and I'm so glad that I ended up going there instead of my first choice. And once you get to the school, continue to keep an open mind. College isn't going to be just like high school, but everyone is in the same situation you're in and the more open you are to things, the more you will enjoy your college experience. College allows you to try new things and discover who you are. Without keeping an open mind, you might never discover how to let your inner-self shine.

I wish I knew more about financial aid and how difficult it is to get a job on campus.

The best advice I could give someone tfor finding the right college for themseleves, would be to not only look at the school program you are going for, but also look at the school in general. The sports teams, the diffrent groups on campus, class sizes etc.. When your through looking at that and after finding some schools that you think you may really like, I would suggest looking at the area that your school is in and what they have to do around the area.. Would you rather be in a city setting or a county setting? Would you rather be in a town where there is alot to do or a small town where there aren't many stores.. All that stuff is important because If you do not like your college experience, it could talke away four years of your life. Also, it is important to remember that sometimes it may work out if you step outside your comfort zone and experience some things you may not of originally wanted to.

There is such a diverse population here, I wouldnt even beable to answer that

Melissa

As much as the apperance & cost of the college you are interested in affects your decision, your main concern should be what the students think and feel. Before choosing my college i talked to a ton of people i knew from highschool about their favorite things from their college. People take for granted the little things and strictly focus on the degree they are receiving as well as the credibility behind it... which isn't a bad thing to focus on. But what most people loose sight in is the experience. College itself is not just about the grades and the studying, but for those 2-3-4-5(ect) amount of years your attending that school you need to be able to call it "home." Many transfer students decided their previous school was not right for them because they weren't "fitting in" or enjoying themselves. Feeling a sense of belonging is a need that people must meet everyday. Without this, you will hate your college experience. Before settling on a school, set up an overnight visit, socialize with students you pass on the campus, and even find online blogs to discuss the college, it makes all the difference.

The class sizes and amount that the professors care. the food is really good also.

Eric

The school is well known on campus for it's strong music program, and the musical outlets the music students make themselves. Many students form bands or other types of musical groups as an outlet from the regular work. However, even in the Music Program, the facilities and concerts halls are outstanding and beautiful. Programs are always great.

Finding a place is minimal to making the college experience work for you. If the student like the campus, regaurdless of the reasons, go for it. I knew my college was right for me when someone held a door open for me, looked me in the eye, and said "Hello." Something I didn't get at other places. For the student, take a chance on everything: Talk to strangers, apply for an RA job, join a recreational floor hockey league, attend one meeting of the college republicans and college democrats, attend free high arts events, take a road trip with people you barely know, rush a fraternity or a sorority with no intention of joining. You never know who you will meet or what you might enjoy. It is so easy now to relax after classes, play video games and watch TV. I wasted two years doing only those things. It will never be this easy to do it again.

It is relaxed and friendly. People may not go out of their way to introduce themselves, but if you are personable and outgoing, you will find plenty of friendships and a great college career here.

Kevin

Suny Fredonia is a decent school with very friendly people, most students should be able to find a successful niche here socially and academically.

For undergraduate, unless you are very capable or have deep pockets, choose a more affordable state school, and if you do well there, then go into a more expensive private school. Find a college that gives you the best feeling upon a visit, the vibes you get from other students there can be a good indicator to what kind of people they are. Check the food and the money provisions, I am poor and hungry right now because I did not plan out completely for that. Look for a school that has a park or body of water near by, I always need a place to go and relax away from the college. People are strange, go where you won't be pressured and can be who you want to be, college is a place to learn more than just schoolwork.

This school is hypocritical sometimes, saying they expect certain things scholastically and financially from students but then not providing adequate resources for it.

Anne

Music. The campus is known as one of the best music schools in the country especially not being a private school. There arent just music majors though. There is a diverse company of Education majors, Business majors and many many more. Most students also find it easy to hold a second major or a minor to further their education.

VISIT THE COLLEGE! You can't tell what the college is like until you go and see it for yourself. As soon as you step onto the campus you'll know whether it's for you or not. The way people are interacting, the facilities available, and the general layout has to be comfortable for you. This is where you will make soo many memories, and get the education you want to move onto better things in life. Don't be scared to ask to sit in on a class and meet the professors they can and will give you great advice. Future students don't get upset when your mom asks that "stupid question" because really it's not only an experience for you, but them as well. Believe me that stupid question will seem like it made all the difference when your down to the final two colleges and deciding which one you prefer to attend.

Its location and atmosphere. People are friendly and willing to help each other. We are all here to enjoy life and learn.

Kaity

Mostly artsy, with a few business majors. Very friendly and accepting of new people. Clubs are especially welcoming.

Student: There are two incredibly important things that I can tell you about choosing the right school; A) Choose the one you can see yourself being the happiest at, and B) Don't go there just because your friends are. Believe me, I'm telling you this from the perspective of a student that did just the opposite of these. Your first year will not measure up to what you hope it will be if you do not follow this advice. My first year here was miserable because I expected that living with a friend from high school would be enough to keep me happy. I didn't try to join clubs or meet new people, and that was huge mistake on my part. She went out and had a blast while I bummed around in the dorm. I missed out on so many fun experiences. Another important hint: Don't go crazy with partying. It will ruin your GPA. And lastly, if your dorming, always have plastic ziplock bags, paper towels, and some form of cleaning agent. You'll thank yourself. Parent: Let them have fun. Trust them to make good choices.

The campus is very blah, with mostly concrete buildings. It doesn't look like a very welcoming school, but if you get out there and join a few clubs, you'll make a ton of friends. You just have to try.

SUNY at Fredonia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.