Fredonia, NY
SUNY at Fredonia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY at Fredonia

Emiley

If I were able to go back in time, knowing what I know now there are a few things I would advise myself to change. Throughout my high school years, I was severely depressed and always searching for a drastic change that seemingly would never come. My Junior year of high school as well as my senior year of high school- I had attempted suicide. If I could go back and tell myself about the transition from high school to college, I would tell myself that it gets better. I would inform myself that the big change I've been craving and needing most, was soon to come. I would tell myself to be patient, because things get better and the opportunities of the world will soon arise from the pitfalls of my depression. If I could go back in time, my only advise is to continue on, persue to overcome the struggle, resist my temptations of death- and simply look forward to the future; because the future I have created for myself is worthwhile and incredibly beautiful.

The worst thing about SUNY Fredonia is simply the expenses. Any college will have expenses out of my reach, and if it were easier to find scholarships, and financial aid, I would worry significantly less about my future concerning money. Although this particular problem isn't specific to the school I am attending, it is the only thing I personally do not like about this college. Beyond this, I so far have enjoyed my experience in Fredonia.

When I tell my friends about Fredonia, I brag to them about the happy and easy-going atmosphere. There's something beautiful about the people on this campus, the way they are so friendly and easy to approach. The campus itself is beautiful, and the people, the activities and the education make it even more worthwhile. SUNY Fredonia was not my first choice for college, but in coming here I'm glad I made this decision because I don't believe I would have been this happy anywhere else.

Tara

The first thing I would tell senior high school me to do is relax. I would tell myself that things might seem hectic then and they would in college, but to just take a deep breath and know she would get through it. That even when it seemed like there was 500 things to do and no time for them, she just needed to step back for a bit, reorganize her head, and it would all clear up soon. I would also tell myself to stay on top of assignments and essays. It is too easy to put off those things for days and that is where most of her stress would come from. She was always good about getting her work done and she should not let that slip. Because once she did it would become all to easy to lay around when she had more important things to do. So I would probably be confusing myself at this point; saying to relax, but stay up on everything. I have faith in myself that I would get the message though.

Jakera

The advice that I would scream at the top of my lungs would be to study, study, STUDY! I cannot say it enough. High school was a breeze for me, I had absolutely no sutdy skills. I could it in class and pratcially get an A just for being there. Once I hit college and it was time to study for my first exam I wanted to cry. I had to teach myself how to study and figure out how I learned best. Also, college is a time for freedom and where you can do whatever your little heart desires. Don't go crazy, it's not worth it go to school and get what you paid for, because one thing I hate the most is waisting money. My final words would be to play hard, but study harder.

The worst things about the school is that there is no where to report acts of dicrimisnation such as racism, sexism, and homophoias. Many clubs on campus are ralleying against the human resource dempartment asking why is it that if someone is discriminated against, they have no where to turn.

A person that is outgoing and intellectual at the same time. There are so many things to do and so little time! Everyone on campus is so nice and willing to help, if you need to know where to go, there will alway be someone to direct you. If you have too many books in your hand and need some assitance with the door, someone will be there to open it. And for the intellectual, the campus so beautiful in any season, great for sitting on the bench to read your chemistry book, on this campus you aquire knowledge.

Tiffany

Pay attention to what you are learning now, it will all come back again in college. Find a way of studying that works for you, don't just do it last minute, college is all about balancing your time and priorities on your own. Don't be afraid to ask questions! And don't be sad when all your friends leave for other schools, there are so many people at college, you will never be alone!

Vivarian

Dear Viv from 10 months ago, Senior year is a breeze because you exceeded what was required of you during freshman year. College life can be filled with parties, studying, schoolwork, tests and worst of all it can be a fashion show. It’s very easy to get sidetracked. Sounds familiar? It should because college is just a more responsible extension of high school. So long as you remain focused on your goals, ask for guidance when needed and continue to overcome obstacles that appear to always be in your life the transition into a college student won’t be that hectic or forbearing. Viv you’ve been a responsible, goal- oriented, hard working young lady your whole life, don’t change now because your environment has changed or because you think you no longer need to be. Continue on the path you’re travelling on and NEVER GET COMPLACENT!! Love you girl and I wish you the best.

Roberto

College and high school are completely different worlds, but working hard in high school sets you up perfectly for college. Had I taken high school more seriously then I believe the transition to college would have been much easier. College life is based on much more freedom and responsibility, and the discipline you learn in high school sets you up for success in college. My high school self felt that since I could breeze through high school while procrastinating on homework and projects then I was more than prepared for college but that was just a complete mistake. College life requires more discipline and structure on my part and developing those habits is much harder to do once in college. Being smart is not enough for college, smart kids are a dime a dozen. The students who succeed are the ones with a strong work ethic and great study habits. Anyone who has those tools is set up for success, not just in college, but in life in general!

Rachael

SUNY Fredonia is a college that is inviting to diversity and greatness, and is a place that provides true quality education.

Wouldn’t it be nice to go back in time? Although I have not yet seen one at the supermarket, a time machine may have been an excellent tool in helping me get through college. If I were able to press the rewind button, I would first tell my high school self about choosing a major. My advice to young Rachael would be to take electives first, in all areas, to be better assured of my true passion. As for my love life, I would convince myself of a strict “No Boys!” policy. Relationships just get in the way of school and building strong, long-lasting friendships. Staying healthy is the most important advice I would give to myself if I could go back. “Go to bed early, eat your fruits and veggies, and work-out regularly,” is an easy regimen that I should have been more serious about. Lastly, I would remind myself that hard work really pays off and that my ultimate goal is to strive for happiness. A time machine may be nice, but I have realized that I would not have learned so much about myself if I had not gone through these challenges “myself.”

After numerous college visits, students and staff at State University of New York at Fredonia struck me as the most upbeat and accepting group of people at any one college. Be prepared to see that most emails in your inbox will begin with, “Hello!” and end with, “Have a great day!” People are more than willing to help if you encounter a problem, and most are very down-to-earth. If you have difficulty accepting others who are different than you, or do not wish to become part of a college “family,” SUNY Fredonia may not be for you.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself this: You are given one shot at life--an opportunity to succeed or a time to just simply exist. The way you shape your future depends on how you live in the present. Thinking about that, do you want to simply "exist," or take the time to better yourself academically gaining the skills necessary to make a difference with your life? We each have the chance to make a difference and use our life to improve the quality of this world we live in, for yourself and those around you. You are given the shot to take your abilities and enhance them with education, but it is up to you to decide to do that. You are free to make your own choices, but you must remember that you cannot go back in time and undo what you choose to do. With this, I hope you will take the time to truly consider what is best for your future, because after all, you are truly given only one chance at this thing called life. Make the best of it without regrets.

This school is open to absolutely anyone who is willing to learn. There is such a vast majority of majors to choose from that just about anyone can find their niche there. The school does not admit based on gender, race, sexual orientation, etc. It looks at the student as a whole in deciding who will attend the campus.

Logan

I would tell myself that I should be confident in my abilities and that I belong there. I would also tell myself to really take advantage of any scholarship opportunity and the teach grant. I would let myself know that I will be taking too many credits to graduate in four years but that it will be worth it in the end. I would tell myself to be thrifty when buying/renting college textbooks. I would tell myself that I made the right choice in my major and that I should not doubt that teaching is the job for me. The most important thing about attending college is to talk to people, students, faculty about scholarships, job opportunities, or any questions you have because they know tips and opportunities that you otherwise might not hear about. Communication is key!

I wish that I had known that with my major, concentration, and middle school extension that there is no chance of me graduating in four years. I also wish that I had known about the teach grant before.

An education major should attend this school because the program is excellent. Also this school is a great choice for commuters.

Mary

I've learned more in my first semester of college then I have in my four years of high school. Most of my learning come form outside of the class room. Since I have been in Fredonia, I've learned more about myself. My mind has opened to new ideas, cultures, and people. I believe going to college and living on campus is a must in one's life. You get to experience new things and live outside the box. My whole life I was sheltered and now I'm free to explore anything and everything. I know this would have never happened if I stood home. I am just starting my journey, and I'm glad it's in Fredonia. I don't see myself anywhere else.

I wish I would have known more about my financial ad options through the school. Through some of my friends i made at the school i learned about many scholarships and job oppotunties which would have helped with my financial situation. I would have liked to have known more about them before i started school. then i might not be in as much debt as i am in now.

If you are a person who is really into music, theater, atrt, etc. this school is a perfect match. However, if you aren't into anything any of the arts SUNY Fredonia is still a great school to attend. The people (students, faculaty, and staff) are all very nice and generous. They are always willing to help you no matter the problem. This school is also great for people who want more of a one on one learning experience. The class sizes are small, which makes it easier to ask questions.

SUNY at Fredonia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.