Fredonia, NY
SUNY at Fredonia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY at Fredonia

Jillian

I learned a lot of life lessons through living in the dorms and attending classes. I learned responsibility being a resident assistant for three years. I learned how to help others while still being responsible for myself and my education. The most difficult class I took was in my last year; I started out failing, because I thought I knew everything. My professor, and his course material taught me that I didn't know everything, and that I needed to work hard, no matter what. Because of the great progress I made I was able to get an A in the class, I also learned my self discipline, and strengthened my drive for excellence. I take every opportunity I can to learn, and I don't take it for granted. Not everyone is blessed with the opportunities to learn.

I loved the people and the environment at Fredonia State. It was a small enough school that you could really get to know people, and the professors really cared.

What I wanted to do with my life. I attended with the intention of becoming a teacher, but all of my experiences definitely changed that. Now, four years after graduating I am finally going back to get my masters.

Danette

I am a mother returning to school after ten years. I was very scared and everyone was very supportive and helpful. I feel like I am set up at school to be sucessful. The teachers care about their students and I have a chance to learn hands on.

Maureen

Being an adult student has been challenging enough. Having to balance full time nursing school on top of a full time job and three small children has been difficult. But taking that first step and going to my first day of classes was the smartest thing I have ever done. My college expierence has not only given me knowledge that I wouldn't have otherwise had, it has given me confidence, self esteem, and pride. I am very proud to be attending one of the best Nursing schools in the state. I am amazed at my abilities and my grades. To be completely fair, Harper College has a lot of resources available that I have taken advantage of. But this expierence is not only going to help me become a nurse and better myself, what I am teaching my children as they watch me go to school and watch me study is something that a lot of other parents don't get the chance to do. Going to college has been an amazingly rewarding expierence for me and is giving me a chance to set an example for my children.

Laura

I would say SUNY at Fredonia is best know for their small classes, friendly teachers, and an overall welcoming atmosphere. Unlike some other universities, Fredonia offers small class sizes. Yes, I have been in lecture halls that hold up to a hundred individuals but they are the only exception. Teachers are avalible almost always to their students whether it be office hours, or whether it was via e-mail. Friends are not hard to find either. Doors are always open, opportunities to make friends are just as plenty.

Without college I would not possess the sense of direction that I do now . It has forced me to really think about my future. Four years goes by incredibly fast and that is proven in the few months that i've been here. Within these few months, I have made decisions at college that I wouldn't have been able to make otherwise. I have been forced to actually think about my future as reality and have had to think about where that future is. What I will be doing, and where I will be doing it. If I was not attending college at this moment, life would be passing by much slower than now. My mind would not have to process what it does not, and I would not really know what I wanted out of life. Now, I do.

Others may not agree with me but in my mind there are very few things that frustrate me about SUNY Fredonia. Since there are slim pickings, I would have to say that the dorm rooms for upper classmen are not as large as most people would like them to be. When you have to room with another individual, space is key in buliding a relationship with new people.

Briana

From my short, yet incredible, college experience, I have received an entirely new perspective on the life that I am leading. College has opened my mind and allowed for me to take in and appreciate everything that the people in our world have to offer. Whether it be in a class, in a dorm hall, or in the coffee shop, SUNY Fredonia has introduced me to a plethora of diverse individuals, all having something different to enlighten me with. Often, individuals complain that they're paying too much for their college education, but I completely disagree. There is not a price one could name that would match all that I have gained from this experience so far. I have been educated in so many genres of life, be it religion, diets, traditions, and even theories, and there is nothing in this world that could substitute for or replace the knowledge I have gained from this experience. It is honestly impossible to list all that one may gain from attending college. The lessons are infinite.

I wish that I would have known and understood that it is completely okay to be yourself. In high school, there is the constant battle of whether one should be their own unique individual, or if one should conform to a certain social group to avoid being "singled-out." In the first few weeks of classes, college taught me that it's okay to be unique, and it's okay to stand alone if you're standing up for something that you feel passionately about.

I believe that attending SUNY Fredonia would benefit every student in one way or another, but if I had to choose, I would tell the individual who prefers quiet, anti-social environments to try and steer clear of Fredonia's campus. The individuals on campus are social butterflies. Walk out of the doors and there's people all over playing guitars, singing songs, having coffee. The level of social interaction on campus is incredibly high and it is truly wonderful.

Heidi

When I first went to college I know now that I was too young and inexperienced and unfocused. I had to do a lot of different jobs and go through many experiences, good and bad, to discover what I wanted in life. Now, I've finally got the nerve to go back to school and realized it was ok to have my passion also be my career. My first years in school were fun but I wasn't ready to learn. Now, even though I just turned 40 I'm truly ready to learn and fulfill my purpose. I am ready for a degree and so enjoy learning information that will become my career. I am ready.

Mylina

I have not yet been to college. However, i am looking forward to the experience i will have meeting new people and making new friends. Also i know going to college is a great opportunity for anyone to do if they want to further there education into basically anything they choose. I know i want tofurther my education into the medical field and become an nurse.

Emelie

My classmates are helpful, friendly, and outgoing.

My classmates are helpful, friendly, and outgoing.

Being awarded in the top ten vegetarian schools on the east coast.

I have not had the typical college experience. I was not overjoyed to experiment with my newfound freedom, and I did not feel as though I could finally rebel. I already have my own personal growth and experiences. However, college has given me complete confidence in the person I am, and the decisions I make. College is valuable to me because it is the gateway to a successful, and meaningful future. Without it, I could not live content with myself knowing I did not push myself the farthest. This is why I decided against the typical college partying, and the crazy rebellion that gets most students expelled or in other trouble. I know that I need to succeed here, in order to build a solid foundation of responsibilites which I can stand on for the rest of my life.

Kimberly

The advise i would give myself would be to concentrate on myself and to realize that college isen't easy. I would make sure that i knew to take things seriously during my last year of high schoool, and to help myself by concentrating on my grades, so that i could get into a really good college right out of high school. I would tell myself to make sure that when i start college that i never loose who i am as a person and to always keep my head up and stay positive. Also that things will not be easy and that once you start college you are an adult and there are alot of tough decisions you will have to make and not to give into peer pressure. The reason i am going to college is so i can grow as a woman and so one day when i get out of college i will be a successful woman in my field. Leaving highschool is a big step and i am a strong woman with a big heart who can do anything that i want to do in life.

I think the best thing about my school is the size of the campus. Everything is in walking distance and the campus is very accesible for all kinds of people. The dinning halls are all very close to the dorms and the buildings where the classes are aren't very far. Also there are alot of services offered on the campus for those who needs help such as counseling services and a doctors office. The atmosphere at my college is very positive and it really makes me feel comfortable to be living on campus.

The most frustrating thing about my school is meeting new people. I currently transferred to Fredonia and everyone else already has their group of friends because they met as freshman. Being a junior transfer dosen't make things easy, and i think that my school and every other school should offer get togethers for transfers. With these get togethers transfer students could meet more people and also talk to others that are in the same boat as them. I have had a hard time adjusting to my school and i think having more opportunities to meet people would be helpful.

Kaitlyn

SUNY Fredonia is a small school where it's easy to fit it and to find what you're looking for, and it is clear that the school cares about your education and what you want to achieve.

Knowing what I do know about making the transition from High School to college, I would tell my high school senior self to be fearless. I would tell myself that it's alright to speak up and make myself vulnerable, as that is the best way to meet people and make new friends. I would also tell myself that I shouldn't stick to my high school friends that I attend college with like glue, because as much as we love eachother, we also need new, exciting people in our lives to make our college experiences complete.

The most frustrating thing about SUNY Fredonia is having to walk across campus outside in the harshly cold winter!

SUNY at Fredonia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.