Fredonia, NY
SUNY at Fredonia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY at Fredonia

Jillian

They are all friendly and considerate, even people I do not know very well go out of their way to talk to me or say hi as they are passing in the hallway and hold doors open if they see you coming.

I would tell myself to be open to making new friends. I would tell myself to keep an open mind and expect the unexpected because I may become friends with people who I would never imagine being my friend. Also, I would tell myself to not be afriad of trying new things. A big transition is to definitely study more and expect bad grades even though I am trying very hard. I have to try harder and harder, maybe even a study group or set aside study time.

The best thing about my school is the fact that it is a relatively small campus and that I can walk from one end to the other while feeling safe because the University police are constantly circling the school.

heather

If I had the chance to give a single piece of advice to myself as a high school senior, I would say "study abroad." Before I had finished my senior credits the summer before my actual senior year of highschool, I had my hopes set on studying international bussiness at Don Quiot in Spain. I would tell my self to forgive your parents for throwing you into more difficult sittuations than any child should have to expirience and move on with your future, because the energy you put into that is most definately worth having expirienced the thrill of your acheivment, even though it may not feel that way in the efforts to get there.

Holly

Free loving, diverse, and some of the most intresting people you will ever meet.

Don't choose a college based on it's prestige. SUNY schools are just as good as private universities and what's more, you'll make friends and learn things that will last a lifetime. Don't get caught up in what other people will think of your college choice, take the time to do the research and find the best college fit for YOU.

Theatre majors. They love to form cliques and are dramatic by nature.

Doreen

Located in scenic Western New York, SUNY Fredonia is a gorgeous, well-maintained campus that offers a wide variety of courses for a multitude of liberal art degrees to a diverse ethnic student population in an atmosphere of academic achievement and comraderie.

Doreen, you are a high school senior now. The entire world lies before you like a wonderful adventure. You don't know that the decisions you make now can affect you for the rest of your life!!! But they can, and I am here to tell you to embrace the future, but keep in mind your goals. Try not to be victimized by your emotions, yearning, and desires. . . . but instead, use those passions to focus on your goals and dreams. Be patient, for all will follow in time, and what seems impossible or hopeless today will sort itself out in time. Remain true to your values, keep in touch with your friends, be open to new ideas. You are a worthwhile individual deserving of happiness. You can enjoy success in whatever endeavors you choose. The world is fortunate to have you in it, and there are many people in your future who will love and value you. Leave the others behind, for they will only cause you to doubt yourself. Let them find their own path, and perhaps some day it will join yours again. Trust in God to guide you; and continue to believe in ;yourself!

The most frustrating thing about my university is the scarcity of support and resources for the older, non-traditional student returning to academic life after an absence of two decades and lacking familiarity with modern technology and dealing with overwhelming personal challenges with family and finances.

Kaitlin

Fredonia is a great school for a great price that is academically challenging as well as opportunistic as to meeting new and interesting people

The advice I would give myself is to learn how to juggle a varsity sport, academics, work, friends, and family. It is one of the hardest things to do. Also I would advise to get down to business and adapt great study habits because you do a lot of learning on your own. The teachers are there to help you so ask questions and don't be afraid of them. Your social life is not as important as you really think it is. You have lots of time after college and studies to be a social butterfly. Buckle down during these 4+ years and graduate so you can go out into the world and get a great job.

The worst thing about Fredonia is the old winters and that the sidewalks dont always lead to where you want to go and it takes twice as long to reach your destination. Also parking on campus is a pain and there is limited parking unless you want to park on the other side of the campus.

There are so many things that I could change if i were to go back to high school knowing what i know now. Even though this may be I really would not change a thing. To be short, sweet and to the point if I went back and changed things i wouldnt be the person I am today everything has been a learning experience for me. Honestly i would not change that one bit because it has made me the strong person that i am today.

It is hard to explain what I think the best thing about this school is since there are a lot of aspects I like about this college. I really like how friendly people are though. It is very easy to talk to people and make friends at this school.

In my personal opinion i feel like those who are not serious should not attend this school. It is a demanding school and there are many individuals who are serious and here to make something of themselve; therefore, people who are looking for an easy way out or not sure what they want out of their life should not attend this university.

Melissa

My classmates were understanding, fun, helpful, and became some of my additional friends.

I would have saved up more money to bring to college with me. I also definately would have broken up with my boyfriend, who wasn't good for me beforehand and not let someone else lead my life. I lost two to two and a half years of fun and experience because I listened to him and didn't go out and have fun with my friends. I also would have tried to participate more with student government and tried to be more active in fewer groups, but more dedicated to those groups. There are some things that I would go back and try or go to experience that I ran out of time with, like some different on campus activities. I would have been more involved in intramurals earlier and tried different ones. I also would have tried to do my work earlier and hand it in to be reviewed or asked questions instead of just handing it in when it was due. Overall, I wish I used my time there more wisely and enjoyed more, even though I did enjoy a lot as it was.

I think the worst thing about my school is there isn't enough time in the day to attend all the extra things provided to do.

Attending SUNY Fredonia was an excellent experience and I found the school to be challenging, lively, community oriented, welcoming, entertaining, and exciting.

You will miss college when it is over, so enjoy your experience and get involved!

If you are looking to be at an enormous school where your professors don't know your name, you shouldn't attend SUNY Fredonia. Additionally, if your sole focus for school is studying you should not attend SUNY Fredonia because it offers many opportunites to get involved and the students know how to throw great parties!

Jazmin

It's like a community, only not as diverse as most.

It's like a community, only not as diverse as most.

The advice I would give myself is to not slack off. To prepare myself for what is coming ahead because I can't rely on my institution to do that for me. I would tell myself to focus srongly on the future and embrace the changes that are coming instead of focusing on the thing I did in the past because they'll only hold me back from my goals. I would tell myself to be confident and go for what I want because those are the people that thrive in college.

The creative atmosphere.

I would tell myself not to bring too much junk, to try harder on my grades in high school, to be open to meeting new people and to step out of my comfort zone.

The best thing about my school is the overall friendliness from profesors and students on campus.

Anyone who is homophobic should not attend.

SUNY at Fredonia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.