SUNY at Fredonia Top Questions

James

I wish I would have known how painstaking it is for a transfer student to get in a few selected classes for the degree program.

Logan

I wish that I had known that with my major, concentration, and middle school extension that there is no chance of me graduating in four years. I also wish that I had known about the teach grant before.

Mary

I wish I would have known more about my financial ad options through the school. Through some of my friends i made at the school i learned about many scholarships and job oppotunties which would have helped with my financial situation. I would have liked to have known more about them before i started school. then i might not be in as much debt as i am in now.

Jillian

What I wanted to do with my life. I attended with the intention of becoming a teacher, but all of my experiences definitely changed that. Now, four years after graduating I am finally going back to get my masters.

Briana

I wish that I would have known and understood that it is completely okay to be yourself. In high school, there is the constant battle of whether one should be their own unique individual, or if one should conform to a certain social group to avoid being "singled-out." In the first few weeks of classes, college taught me that it's okay to be unique, and it's okay to stand alone if you're standing up for something that you feel passionately about.

Adam

Before coming to this school, it would have been nice to "have a feel" for the teachers. With this information it would have been easier planning which course to take and when. Often, when you get to know a teacher you will want to take more classes that they teach that previously you were not interested in. Also, I would have like to known how going to college "works" before diving head first into it. Specifically, I wish I knew that you could not apply as a freshman after taking just one course at a community college.

Tiffany

someone else going there from my area to carpool with

That the weather is not always cooperative

Christopher

How to budget money better.

Megan

That there wasn't really much culture outside the school and that locals had a rather resentful attitude towards the students. Also I wish I knew that find employment would be so dfficult.

Susan

That there are SO many off campus places to live and they are WAY cheaper than dorms.

I wish I knew more about financial aid and how difficult it is to get a job on campus.

Kaity

The campus is very blah, with mostly concrete buildings. It doesn't look like a very welcoming school, but if you get out there and join a few clubs, you'll make a ton of friends. You just have to try.

Andrea

That I would be broke.

Brenna

More about their science program and its offerings.

Alexis

How hard it would have been, and thats its ok to be here longer than 4 years.

Meghan

More about classes we had to take both in and outside my major.

Shauna

What I wish I had know about this school was not what I needed to know about this school but what I needed to know about myself. My high school did not prepare me and now I'm struggling to figure out who I am and what i want to do, however this school and my friends are helping me do that.

that it is a lot colder and that it is very liberal

Richard

Before I came to this school, I wish I would have known that I could be who I wanted to be and still be accepted. When I walked into my first class, I was still thinking like a highschool student; I was thinking that people would only care about the clothes I weared or the kind of music I liked. In the midst of my freshman year in Fredonia, I found out that no matter what I liked or disliked, I was still accepted and valued as a person. I wish I would've known that from the beginning.

Allison

What an amazing experience that it was going to be, so I was not so nervous at first.

The music school in general is not as competitive as I'd hoped for. Travel without a car is not as easy as they make it seem.

Katelyn

I wish that I had known more about my options as far as majoring went. After researching, I found that I could double major and earn two degrees. I did it, however the timing was poor. Had I known my options ahead of time, I could have planned better for the courses I was taking.

Sophia

that it was in a small town practically in the middle of no where

Katie

Nothing

Joe

i had wish i'd known that i would only get less than 8 hours of work at my job on campus