SUNY at Fredonia Top Questions

The social interaction. Everyone is super friendly and caring.

I personally enjoyed the diversity among students. Sexual orientation, racial backrounds, and personal views were all accepted on an equal playing field. I enjoyed observing the respect and equality that has been constantly exchanged. I have found it very refreshing!

erin

I think the best thing about my school is that it is very goal orientated. also it has a variety of different programs to choose from. it also has over 150 extra curriculium actvitiies to choose from, it allows you to have life experiences while living in a protected and safe environment. the teachers care about where your heading in life and they will do anything they can to help you succeed in school.

Kellie

Fredonia was a very accepting school. Everyone on campus was friendly, including the staff. I felt comfortable being there and never wanted to leave. The four years I was there were the best four years of my life thus far. I would have to say the absolute best part of this school are the friendships you make and the staff.

I loved the people and the environment at Fredonia State. It was a small enough school that you could really get to know people, and the professors really cared.

I think the best thing about my school is the size of the campus. Everything is in walking distance and the campus is very accesible for all kinds of people. The dinning halls are all very close to the dorms and the buildings where the classes are aren't very far. Also there are alot of services offered on the campus for those who needs help such as counseling services and a doctors office. The atmosphere at my college is very positive and it really makes me feel comfortable to be living on campus.

Marc

The best things would have to be the town and the teachers. The town is gorgeous, with lake erie only a couple miles down the road and a beach to go to. And the teachers are very helpful, always willing to make time to figure things out.

One of the best things about Fredonia's campus is how accepting the campus and its students are of the student body as a whole. This is shown by how the diverse groups on campus (Pride Alliance, Latinos Unidos, Jewish Student Union, etc.,) have joint programs and are well responded to by the student body. Another example was the student body's reaction to an religious extremist who came to campus, the students responded with positive sentiment towards each other which overall strengthened the students acceptance to Fredonia's diversity.

The best thing about my school is the fact that it is a relatively small campus and that I can walk from one end to the other while feeling safe because the University police are constantly circling the school.

It is hard to explain what I think the best thing about this school is since there are a lot of aspects I like about this college. I really like how friendly people are though. It is very easy to talk to people and make friends at this school.

Jazmin

The creative atmosphere.

The best thing about my school is the overall friendliness from profesors and students on campus.

The best thing about my school is that it is a bigger school but it has that small school feeling to it. There are a goodamount of students but mostly everyone knows each other. This is from the tons of on-campus activities that are avaiable. We have tons of clubs and also a great music school on campus. With this music school that means that there is always concerts going on. That is my favorite thing, that amount to do on campus and also that everyone knows each other.

I believe that the music program is the best because it is competitive and it produces some of the most amazing music I have ever heard. It is a joy to be part of this program.

The music program because it is very advanced and lets you get a feel of what you'll expect in the real world.

Fredonia is a fairly small school, though not too small. Small class sizes allow students more one on one time with professors, and also allow the students to get to know one another better. This in turn allows students to work together to a greater extent, and at times provides more competetion.

I think the best part of SUNY Fredonia is the friendliness of the students and faculty. Everyone respects the others interests and has an open mind. I have never felt like i was out of place due to a hobby or interest of mine.

It's a very welcoming campus! I remember going to an orientation there right out of high school and everyone would stop to chat with our group of students. Other campuses I visited we felt like we weren't even there. It's a beautiful campus, also. There is so much color and foliage. I have always felt comfortable on that campus!

small town tight knit community good student to teacher ratio

Lesondra

SUNY Fredonia is a friendly school that first stresses academics, but also is concerned about the socialization of their students.

Trish

The best thing would be the community of it and the town. Its beautiful and people tend to get along pretty well.

The class sizes and amount that the professors care. the food is really good also.

It is relaxed and friendly. People may not go out of their way to introduce themselves, but if you are personable and outgoing, you will find plenty of friendships and a great college career here.