SUNY at Purchase College Top Questions

It's art programs. The performing arts program at my school is excellent, as well as the visual arts program.

Serra

My school is best known for its conservatory programs in dance, music, film, and visual art.

Our school is very well known for its artistic values. We have an excellent conservatory program for most artistic endeavors.

alex

mmmmmmmm BRAAAINNNNSSS. At our 3rd annual Zombie Prom, Purchase students came to the Stood decked out in their finest undead garb and were treated to the 999 Eyes Freak Show, an actual traveling show of genetic anomalies from Austin, TX, and other zombie-themed bands, including Skeletonbreath.

Jared

SUNY Purchase is best known for things such as the large art, dance, and music population. Also for its large gay population. The students are not known for being into athletics and sports which take a definite back burner to the student population, although this is not reflected in the schools budget which is highly disproportionate with large amounts of spending for athletics which the vast majority of the students do not think is necessary. It also used to be known for its diversity but this has dropped harshly in the past few years to the dismay of students.

Jamison

SUNY College at Purhchase is best known for it's healthy compeditive nature within the conservatories.

SUNY Purchase's conservatory programs are competitive on an international scale in departments such as dance, music and the arts.

Arts education. Purchase contains within it a breadth of conservatories from dance and music to art, with almost every viable permutation of those conservatories existing as some major. Though the conservatories consist of a minority of the student body, they reap the highest acclaim from "real world" businesses looking to hire people. They also spend a majority of the schools money.

Robb

Purchase has world-class arts programs and a beautiful Performing Arts building. Theater, Music, Visual Arts, and Dance are all very strong programs that draw students who may not even intend to audition for a conservatory.

Diane

My school is best known for the conservatories. We have one for art, dance, music, and theatre. It is very difficult to be accepted into one of the conservatories.

The Theatre Arts program

Zach

Conservatories