SUNY Buffalo State Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

Kenneth

The dorms are different depending on where you live. Most of the honors kids live in Governers on North Campus, so over there it's quieter and more nerdy and/or smart people around. Athletes also live at Governers. Elicott on North Campus is where I live. It's nice and there's most of the "regular" people who aren't on D1 sports or in the honor's college. Most of the liberal arts type majors are up there. South campus is more of the medical and architecture students. South campus is near the off campus frats and clubs where the craziest parties take place. I would recommend living somewhere in Elicott if you're not a medical or architecture major to avoid going back and forth to get to class.all the time. Some dorm halls are quiet, others are loud. There are lounges and kitchens on every other floor in the buildings. There's also a bigger lounge for each building that may have pool tables, ping pong tables, a gym, a big TV, etc.

Allie

There are 2 dorm complexes on North Campus, and one on South. After placing a housing deposit, new students pick which campus they want to live on, which complex they want to live in, and the type of room they want. There is specialty housing for the Honors College, Undergraduate Academies, and some academic programs. There are also parts of each complex that are designated freshman-only. The rooms range from singles, doubles, triples, and quads, to suites of varying sizes with common areas. The nicest dorms are in Greiner Hall, which just opened this past fall for sophomores.

edmund

there are single double tripple, suite its very beautiful but expensive lol