SUNY Buffalo State Top Questions

When you step off campus what do you see?

Allie

It actually takes a lot of effort to "step off" North campus- the entire campus is encircled by the Audubon Parkway. But once you get off campus, there are student apartments and a bike path in one direction, and restaurants, a mall, and multiple shopping plazas in the other direction. When you step off of South Campus, you're in a more urban atmosphere, with small coffee shops, restaurants, etc. Walk down a ways and you'll be in the student ghetto, called University Heights. This is where the parties and 3 most popular bars are, but you need to be mindful in this area (particularly at night) because it's known for fights and robberies. But I will say, I've never once felt in danger at this school. It's mostly just common sense, like using the buddy system at night and not wandering around drunk.

edmund

nothing but restuarants and clubs its a great place to be trust me

Kenneth

If you go off campus in one direction there is a very nice and large bike path. There is a field over there that are very rarely used. It's a nice place to run or bike and get away from the stress of school. In the other direction off campus, there are a bunch of dirty fraternities and sororities where it is somewhat dangerous to walk around at night. There were 2 people stabbed since I've been here. One in a club off of South Campus and one at a frat party. Don't let this scare you away from coming here though. On campus you're safe and off campus you are as well as long as you're not in that certain bad neighborhood past 12am.