SUNY Buffalo State Top Questions

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Babatunde

Apart from the affordable price, it happens to be one of the only school that have a B.S/M.S program from Medicinal Chemistry. Also, it is close to home which allows me to pay in-state tuition.

Brian

I decided to go to this school because it was cheap for someone living in New York. Also, I heard it had a good engineering program and it was far (I wanted to get away from home).

Allie

Buffalo first entered my "possibility" list when I received an invitation to the Honors College. Then when I visited the campus, all the students seemed happy and I got the vibe that the administration really cares about its students. I was right!

edmund

its affordable

Kenneth

I decided to go to UB because of a select few reasons. 1) State schools offer a quality education for a low price. 2) It is a large school with lots of options for different majors. I was undecided at the time and I wanted to make sure there were many majors I could choose from. From the 1st two bullets alone I narrowed it down to 4 schools. UB, Stony Brook University, Albany University, and Binghamton University. 3) UB was the only one that gave me a scholarship. It was $2500 a year because I had over a 1200/1600 on the SATs and was in the top 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of my class in high school. I'm fairly certain all they do is put you through a filter if you apply to the school. Those are the requirements for a scholarship. There are better ones than the one I got as well. 4) It looks nice and is in a city. I liked the diversity and atmosphere better than those other schools.