Oswego, NY
SUNY College at Oswego

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College at Oswego

kyle

knowledgeable staff who are considerate of students feeling and are well respected, also NCAA Hockey

drunk kids walking around being annoying on weekends

Jeffrey

It best known for it communications major.

It best known for it communications major.

Make sure the college choice u make is your choice dont let no one make that choice for you.

Stood in the city or another upstate school closer to home that not 7 hour from home.

Kaitlin

I think my school is a great place to learn and expand your knowledge and become a well rounded student and to learn many new things, at my school you meet many new people with a variety and interests, and at my school you dont need to drink to have fun.

The advice I would give them would be that find a school that the majors there interest you, and a school that is affordable. Find a school that you can get financial aid from and go visit the colleges you like the most and that have the best opportunities for you and not anyone else. Once you visit the colleges that are top on your list find out which one gives you the best vibe and go with your gut and choose you favorite school and don't let anyone talk you out of your decisions. Dream Big and Worry Later.

Someone who shouldn't attend this school is someone who is here just to party and not learn, or someone who doesn't care about graduating and doing well.

My school focuses on acedemics and achivement; however, there tend to be a lot of drinking on-campus which is why I choose to live off-campus.

I would have to say to go with your gut instinct. I didnt and I ended up spending a lot of money and investing a lot of time at a school that I thought everyone else wanted me to go to. In the end, I transferred and am loving my time at SUNY Oswego.

I have actually really enjoyed the professors; although the school size is large, the professors really give you all the one-on-one time you need to succeed in any course.

Alexander

My advice would be to chose a college that suits ones academic needs but at the same time suits their needs in terms of social life and a diverse college would be better for this.

I wish I had known that there was no diversity at all and no other Asian English speaking individuals like myself

In order to find the right college, i strongly advise students to visit the schools they are considering. In addition to visiting the school, sit in on a class and see how facults teaches students. I would also reccomend talking to a professor in the field you are considering to follow, even if you are undecided talking to a professor or advisor will give you a feeling on how faculty interacts with students. Once you are at school, make friends! The first couple of nights do not sit in your dorm room, go out and meet new people! the friends you make are very important to your social interaction. Also, do not be afraid to ask for help. if you are having trouble with a class and homework, ask somebody! most colleges have a tutoring service and or students available to assist you.

Adam

the drinking and social life, along with the lake.

the drinking and social life, along with the lake.

classmates are not that into the topics and subjects.

The most important thing is to pick a place where you can grow. It's very important to pick a college that meets your interests, but college is a time of growth and self-realization. It?s a time when you start to realize who you are, and what kinds of things your going to want to do for the rest of your life. There are not many events in a person?s life that really put you into life like college. That's why it?s so important to pick a place that you can grow in, and then enjoy it. The best advice I ever received about college was that the experience is what you make of it. It doesn?t matter if you attend Harvard or a state school, what?s important is that you make the most of what you have. If you just try to coast through college then you wont grow, and also won't do very well academically. Take risk, be adventurous, this will be the last time that you will be able to make child mistakes and recover from them. So throw caution to the wind, and never forget to have fun.

Oswego was one of the best experiences of my life, and if I could go back and spend another 4 years there, I would.

A new college student needs to be open to new experiences and people different from themselves. New students should be taking tours and overnights at their prospective schools to get a more accurate feel of their campuses, its how I chose my college and I feel it is the best way to determine which school is right for them.

I feel that there is a lack of non-alcohol related activities in the surrounding areas. While this was fun and attractive as a freshman, by my senior year I became bored with the surrounding city of Oswego.

SUNY Oswego provides an excellent education.

SUNY Oswego provides an excellent education.

SUNY Oswego offers not only a beautiful setting, but qualified professors who take an active interest in what their students are learning. Very cold and windy campus in the winter, however. Difficult to make friends if you don't live on campus.

I believe that when one is considering a college to prepare them for their future, parents and students must consider mulitiple factors. One must consider the quality of education to be provided, the costs associate with such education, and the physical proximity of the school from the students home. Many students feel they can't wait to get away from their parents, only to realize later that they are homesick and depressed. This can gravely affect their studies as well as their perspective on life in general. I also feel it's important to become involved with sports, clubs, and activities as much as possible. This is a terrific way to meet new people and find those who share your interests. Don't be shy. It's time for you to shine!

SUNY College at Oswego administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.