Oswego, NY
SUNY College at Oswego

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College at Oswego

Danielle

My school is just the right size, has a great atmosphere with great people, and if I had to choose all over again, I wouldn't choose any differently.

I would be sure to first of all tell both parents and students to visit potential colleges/universities in order to get a feel for the atmosphere. If you aren't comfortable with the environment in which your school is located, chances are that won't change. Secondly, I would tell them to be sure they take care of any financial aid or assistance way in advance to avoid any last-minute end-of-summer rushes (I've had to go through that, and it was not fun!). I would also want them to know that even though a 4 year college may not seem affordable, there is so much aid available whether it be scholarships, grants, loans, or anything else. Don't feel trapped. Lastly, I would encourage them not to "settle" for something that they don't want. Life offers you so many different options - take advantage of them! College is an amazing experience, and everyone should have the opportunity to know the feeling of meeting new friends and recieving an amazing education that will surely take you places in life. In our world today, a college education isn't everything - but it sure means a lot!

Any type of person could attend SUNY Oswego. The people and staff here are very kind and accomodating, and are not judgmental in any way. There are many different people who come from many different cultures who attend this school, as well as people with different types of disabilities. All are accepted and treated with respect.

Rose

To make sure your son/daughter or you, yourself, has the best college experience, I recommend NOT to attend SUNY Oswego. Its a trap. Instead, leave NY state and go elsewhere. Education is important and you pay too much money to get messed up by advisors.

The most frustrating thing about SUNY oswego is the lack of responsibility from academic advisors. They do not inform you or advise you on academic decisions and most of the time they don't know who you are. I go over the same things with my advisor every time I see her (2-3 times/semester). They don't make sure you're taking the right classes and that you have enough upper division credits. Its as if the school pays them to mess us up so we pay more to come back next year.

When choosing a college to attend, definitely go to the school and get a tour. Talk to the students that attend the school, and more specifically the students in the major you are interested in. Don't rely on one person's opinion, but if you hear the same thing from more than one person then it's most likely true. Once you choose a school starts looking at clubs to join right off the bat. These look good on a resume and they can be a lot of fun. I studied abroad and it was the best thing I've ever done. Look into options that you might not have thought about before. College is the last four years to be a young adult and have fun before you enter the real world. So make the best of it and do anything and everything you can!

All kinds! There is something for everyone here. It's actually kind of a small school, but it's nice and there are so many clubs and organizations available to join.

The smaller class sizes. Now that I'm a senior almost all of my classes are less than 50 students. It's really nice and personal. The professors also get to know their students, which is nice.

Amy

to really work on your course load first then have fun. also to keep your head on straight. to find the right college listen to yourself on what you would like and make sure you visit the campus

the hockey team is really good. the size of the campus is a good size with how far you have to walk to classes and how long it takes you.

the food isnt the greatest and makes me not feel good afterward

SUNY College at Oswego administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.