Oswego, NY
SUNY College at Oswego

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College at Oswego

Jessa

It's a really good college. There are a lot of great opportunities to join different clubs and partake in different activities. The food is the only thing I have to complain about that but other than that, the school really is great. The housing is comfortable and feels like home. The professors I've encountered really want to help students learn and succeed.

Janet

I love this school. I'm glad i decided to come here. I love the people and the campus size. The campus is the perfect size all buildings are at most a 20 minute walk. The teachers are great and always respond to e-mails. The sports are also so much for there is definitely something on campus for everyone.

Niki

I really enjoy the campus and the professors. They show you that they really care and want you to move ahead. MY professors are always available to me when I need it. The campus has a wide variety of clubs for one to join. They have co-rec sports as well

My overall opinion of SUNY College at Oswego is that the university is not the best, but it's not the worst. I am looking into transferring colleges either my sophomore year or my junior year seeing as I'm not exactly as happy here as I thought I would be. The internet is consistently messing up and the dining hall food is horrid, however, the professors that I've been taught by are amazing. Overall, the university isn't terrible, but I expected more than I am receiving.

Tienna

When I first went to visit the school I drove onto campus, stepped out of the car, and instantly knew that this school was something special. After going on my tour and hearing about Oswego I just knew that it was the school for me. It had the programs that I wanted, it was the perfect size for me, and it was in a location that I just fell in love with. I applied right away and once I got my acceptance letter I accepted it right away and I don't regret that decision at all. I love this school and I am extremely proud to be an Oswego Laker. Everyone was extremely welcoming and the academics are challenging and really push you to be the best that you can be. I can't wait for my next 3 years at Oswego because my first year was just so amazing I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Yanfang

good

good

Fergelyn

Someone who knows how to balance a night life with their schoolwork. I've seen my share of hung over kids in the morning, it's not good. Alternatively, if you have an interest in business, this is a good place to start as any!

Sierra

Students at Oswego are dedicated hardworkers, who know how to unwind and have a good time when the work is done.

Don't worry about not knowing anyone when you get there. Most freshmen don't. You will meet people and they will be friendly. It will be okay!

The school is it's own community. People make you feel welcome, and loved. Even though college is about learning, you can do so in an environment that is warm and fun, and the view doesn't hurt either!

Margaret

If I could go back in time to speak to myself as a high school senior, I would have a lot to say. That was a difficult year for me. I was struggling with an eating disorder, and my parents were pretty emotionally destructive. They would always tell me I wasn't good enough, that I was lazy, that I would never amount to anything, and that they wouldn't pay for college. If I could speak to myself back then, I would tell myself "Don't worry. It seems bad, but everything will be alright! You don't need to starve yourself, because you're beautiful and not at all fat and it won't make you feel better about your home life. Your parents are wrong- you ARE something-" and then I would secretly tell her that in just a year, she would have a job, a boyfriend, great friends and be on the right track towards getting a degree. If I could have taken that pain away from 17 year old Margaret, I would have, but that struggle inspired her to succeed.

I consider the worst thing to be some of the boy athletes I lived near last semester, they were loud, rude, and drunk.

A person that is solely focused on studies shouldn't attend this school. It is very career based and there are honors programs, but one of the biggest complaints from people are the amount of parties that go on during the year.

Ashlee

Once in major classes, class sizes are small and teachers engage and care for your success.

I should have gone to a community college around me for 2 years. It's financially smart. If only I was financially smart at 17.

Someone who doesn't want to have big lecture halls for freshman classes.

SUNY College at Oswego administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.