Oswego, NY
SUNY College at Oswego

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College at Oswego

Krystyna

I gained a lot of studying skills, the ability to budget my time, and organize myself. I also broaded my social capabilities and became much more confident in social situations. I learned to cooperate with people from many different social backgrounds who value some things differently from the way I do. All of these skills are important out in the business world. You have to be able to cooperate with whoever you end up working with. In most cases, you don't get to choose your coworkers. Being tolerant of all cultures is important. Being able to budget your time well and stay organized is also very important. I also learned how to talk to clients and get the information I need to complete projects.

The campus is breathtaking all year round! Winter is spectacular! The people are social and friendly and there is always something to do.

Someone who cannot control their social life vs their academic life; Oswego has TONS of social opportunitties, and if you can't say "No, I need to study now", you will fail. Also, if you hate the cold and bad weather, it's not for you.

Britnie

My school aims for everyone to become the very best that they can possibly be and will definitely help to speed the process up, sometimes even to the point of integrating certain things into the academic requirements; everyone should work diligently towards their goals but remember to have fun and relax, too, and always take care of the world and people around us while remembering to care for ourselves as well.

My classmates are incredibly diverse, it seems impossible to describe them, especially since we have so many different types of people on camups; we work hard and play hard and strive to keep an open mind so that we will not be shut off from the world that we live in and care for so much.

So far, coming to college has been one of the best decisions I have made in my entire life. I have reconstructed my dreams while still holding onto the parts of them that have made me into the person I am, but at the same time I have become so much more than the person I was before. I have made great friends, joined organizations that I would never have thought about before, gained so much self-confidence and pride, and most of all I have gained the courage to be myself and everything that comes with it. If I had not come to college, I doubt that I would be anywhere near as comfortable with who I am and what I can be as I currently am, and I have no doubt that my mind would have become narrower and narrower without the stimulation I have received from being here. Before, I was listening to what others would tell me to do and aiming to please them at the expense of my own success and happiness; now, I live for me, my success, and my happiness as well as the success and happiness of others.

Vanessa

What I've gotten so far from my college experience is making my family proud and having a better relationship with them all. My mother is proud that I am setting a good example to my younger sister who will be graduating High School soon, I decided to attend college to better mine and my daughter's future.

briana

i have not attended college yet. i want to start this winter. i am a divorced single mother who has been trying to get back on her feet. i have had no luck finding a job an i am forced to live at home with my mom. i desperately need to go back to college. for my sake an my daughters.

Shelby

I could point out the obvious and say that college has taught me what college is like, and that it is a lot different than high school, but I can tell you I've learned a lot more than that. Going to Muskegon Community College has shown me what it is like to have a responsibility. It has taught me what it means to not be able to stay home on Mondays just because I don't feel good. College has taught me the hardships of the world and ways through them, not around them. I can honestly say that I know that without a college education I will not make it in today's world; this I also owe to college. It has been beyond valuable to me, it is an experience that I now crave. I am not forced to go into class everyday, because it is something that I want to do; something that I like to do.

Judith

I’m a mid-life Mom going back to school for a second chance on life. When I turned 50 last year I spent some time thinking about where I was going in life and what I was doing that was meaningful or had value. I realized, besides the fact that my two children are nearly grown and would not need me in a couple of years, that I have been greatly privileged to live in the US; and that I have a deep desire to help people come up out of poverty. I started attending graduate school last year and for the first time in many years I’m feeling happy, and energized. The degree that I’m pursuing is in Global Affairs and I’m learning about so many things that I’ve heard about but never understood before like; trade imbalances, the implications of the UN’s and the WTO’s policy decisions; and the many times in history where poor people have stood up and nonviolently brought about change. It is having a tremendous impact on my life, and I hope will enable me to become more helpful to my fellow man.

SUNY Oswego is a beautiful campus on the shores of Lake Ontario. The sunsets are georgeous; they are supposed to be one of the top destinations in the world to watch the sunset. The atmosphere at school is helpful and supportive. The students from all over New York, are friendly. You will find that you are building relationships that will last a life time. Oswego is not a highly competitive school, nor a 'druggie' school. There is a lot of drinking, but all in good fun. You will find a good balance between work and play here.

Most fustrating about Oswego might be he cold winters. It starts snowing about mid-October and does not quit till end of April. The snow is actually a lot of fun, and students sleigh-ride on cafateria lunch trays down the mountainious piles of snow. But, the extreme cold sometimes gets to you. Temperatures in February are usually below zero degrees, which make going to class difficult.

Kyle

By attending college I have forced by brain to think at a different level. It's until you have trained your brian to think outside the box that you look at whats on the surface, and not what is on the inside. Through college I have learned a brod spectrum of life long qualities such as, time management, responsibility, finacial planning, adulthood, and how to connect with the ones around me as well. For many, school is only looked at as a place of learning about what's in text books, I on the other hand intertwine both curiculme and life long quilities when refering to my college learning experiance. With college being one of my top priorities of value, I find it in my reasoning to be rather simplistic. Without college an indiviuals mind does not develop to it's fullest potential which is aquired over time through the life long changing opportunities and learning!

Osaze

My college experience so far has definetly been an eventful one. So many things have changed since i first arrived here a little over a year ago. I have learned a lot about others, as well as myself. I have grown from an immature, irresponsible boy into a productive young man, capable of making positive contributions to society. I employ the skills i have acuired so far to help others and solve problems in the community. The 50 plus community service hours I logged last year are clear proof of my dedication to helping others and making a difference. These hours took place in spite of the busy life i led on campus, and were balanced with the 15 credits i was taking, a job, and a position on my hall's council as treasurer. Before i came to college, i was a lazy, selfish, and ignorant person. Needless to say, things were rough when i realized who i was, and that i really needed to make a change, if not for myself, for my parents who worked many overtime hours to give me such a valuable experience. I have come a long way, and the journey is just beginning.

The diversity. There are so many different people with so many different cultural backgrounds. There is even a residence hall that has almost 500 students that come from many various places in the world. I have learned so much from the international students about the parts of the world they live in, that i have always wanted to know. There are also many diverse events and gatherings here that have made it easy for me to feel at home, as well as enjoy the company of people who are similar to myself. The diversity here is top quality.

The clique thing from high school is still around. Everyone's so quick to pass judgement, if they get the slightest impression that youre "inferior" to them, they'll ignore you and make you feel bad every chance they get. I guess it all comes down to money here as well. I hoped it wouldnt, given that were all college students and tuition is expensive. Tuition is also very frustrating, my poor parents work so hard to assure that i have the best possible. I wish tuition was less expensive, or that i could have more aid from the government.

Lisa

SUNY Oswego is a friendly, accomodating campus

SUNY Oswego is a friendly, accomodating campus

I recieved a challenging, but rewarding experience at SUNY Oswego. My time there helped me grow in my character. The campus was a great place to hang out during free time and study time. The people, the lake and the campus kept inviting me to come back. The teachers and staff provided me with the best resources to gain a successful education. I was trained and equipped effectively for my career field. I was guided by professors and challened to the highest potential. So I know I am able to give to job, community and family to my fullest potential.

I consider the quality of education the best thing about SUNY Oswego because students are provided with the best teachers, materials and resources to gain a successful education.

Lisa

Going to college has really broadened my horizons. I am currently in the process of finding what I want to do with my life and make it exciting and fun. I have really been able to delve into my studies in the biological sciences and discover where that knowledge could take me. I know I will end up doing something great and I am eager to find out what that is. Whatever it is, I want to be passionate about it and be able to have fun with it every day. At the same time I am very excited to have learned about several other disciplines through my general education classes. This has helped me to gain perspective on the world by deepening my knowledge of other cultures and people. They have really inspired me to travel the world and see things first hand in order to understand different people and places. Any career that I find in biology will be enhanced by the knowledge I have gained from these classes and the knowledge i will gain from my travels.

The school is very welcoming to incoming students. They have a lot of events to get you involved and to learn about the campus and college life. It was very easy to feel comfortable there. They have a dorm for freshman students, Johnson Hall, which allows students to be immersed into an atmosphere that makes it easier to make new friends and get involved. There are also a lot of clubs on campus. If you can't find a club that you want they make it really easy to start a new one. I had a great experience at Oswego.

SUNY College at Oswego administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.