Oswego, NY
SUNY College at Oswego

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College at Oswego

Zachary

Oswego gets a lot of snow during the winter and our school also has many activities and school run recreational events that allow students to get involved in whatever ways they want.

Before i graduated from high school, i had no idea where I wanted to attend college. I didnt know where I would fit in best or how far away from home I wanted to be. AT SUNY Oswego i am the perfect distance away from home and i feel at home here as well. I met so many people that i have become great friends with and have a lot of fun here as well. It is so valuable for me to be here because SUNY Oswego has an excellent accounting and MBA program that will allow me to excel in the future. SUNY Oswego is preparing me for whatever job im going to get after college.

Suny Oswego is an excellent school for any type of person. Oswego is a very cold place during the winter and we get a lot of snow, so a person who enjoys that type of climate would be ideal for the Oswego State campus.

Morgan

Through my experience at my community college, I have found enough ecouragement from my professors to continue studying music. To the musicians and teachers at the college, music is more then notes on a page or listening to an ipod. The concept of learning music benifits the student in many ways, such as improving cooperation skills and academic standards. My professors have taught me the knowledge needed to become a great musician, as well as what I need to continue my education at a university. I have learned many valuable musical skills from my teachers, but have also grown into an adult, being capable of having responisbilities and determination to complete life-long goals, which I will apply to all of my future endeavors.

Adderlyn

The lake and physical enviornment adds to the atmosphere and the number of clubs and activities around campus also add to a positive and comfortable environment.

College has been a tremendous experience and I look forward to continuing it. I've grown as a person, become more independent and self-reliant and feel that I am growing more and more. I am more comfortable with myself, more confident ( which I lacked before starting college), more comfortable around other, have learned how to meet new people. From the people I've met, I've learned about different lifestyles, different ways of life and it is interesting to hear different peoples stories as you go along. I have also become a better student as my study habits have improved, I am extremely motivated to do well and have high expectations of myself for every class I am taking. Being away from home has in a way, made me feel closer to my family. Being away from them has shown me how much they care about me, how much they want me to do well and how much they look after me. And I have gained a great appreciation for what they mean to me and that they care. All of this has happened in the one year I have been at college. Summarized: A truly great experience.

There isn't anything that I really feel I should have known. Maybe just to be prepared for a lot of wind.

Erika

they really kind and generous

they really kind and generous

all the member of the stuff are really helful and they dedicate their time to see if there is anything they can do to help you to achieve your goals.

I believe that is really important for students to go continue their further education. I am first generation attending to college. I feel proud of myself, becoming from a small family that travel from Central America just to seek a better opportunity in life it make me realize how important is for me to continue my education. The experience that I gotten being away from family it makes me comprehends the value of things. How hard is to get to the point where I want to be, that I would take time, sacrifice, and discipline. Because I know that little by little I would get to the point where I am going to say this is where I always want to be. Therefore I have to keep push on so I will not fall behind my dreams. And by being a bilingual person I would help me to achieve one of my goals, to become a teacher.

Diana

Diana, you think you may know how college life is like from watching "Van Wilder" and "Road trip". As a college student, I can tell you this is not true. I remember the time during finals week, i had 4 finals and 1 presentation to complete. I camped out at the college library for 3 days during finals week, and drank RED BULL to keep me going. There were moments where i just wanted to give up, but i knew giving up now is a waste of my time and money. Remind you, this is only my freshmen year of college (which should be the easiest year). I've never studied this hard in my life time. With the work load i receive each and every day, there was barely time for parties and social life. One advice to you is do not give up, and have fun in college.

In my opinion, the worst thing about my school is the weather, because we are right by Canada and Lake Ontario. During the winter and fall, the weather gets harsh, and the wind gets wild. so be prepared!

Students who are interested in studying accounting, education, and media. Our school is known for accounting and education. Dorming in college is also a plus in the school, because it's a great way to meet new people and there is always something going on in the school.

Oswego is the perfect school to make all my dreams come true.

Oswego is the perfect school to make all my dreams come true.

Study and read everything! You have no idea whats coming ahead. The best place in the world is coming for you. The world has just started to open and the experiences you will have in college will be the best times in your life. Believe your mother she was right! College is the best place in the world.

The best thing about my school is the attitude of the people here and the professors. Every person is exciting and genuine.

Holly

SUNY Oswego is a great school with great programs that will push you to be the best , professional you can be.

If I could go back and give myself advice; I would say to get involved in as many school related activities as possible. Try to take in as much of the college experiance as posiible and network with as many people as you can. Its so important to always be networking with others. Go on every trip that the college offers. And stay organized from the beginning! Organization is the key to a successful career in anything you choose to do whether it be college, bills, work, etc. My teacher has a great saying, "you are the rocket and you are the fuel. You have to launch yourself and yeah you may blow on the launching pad but you just have to repair and try again." (Judith Anne Benedict) That's how you should live everyday as if your getting ready for a launch.

The best thing about SUNY Oswego is how organized they are. The school does not baby you in anyway however because of how organized they are it makes it a lot easier to know what you need to do to get everything you need done in an orderly fashion. They create checklists for everything whether it be applying here, transfering from another school, or trying to move up. They layout the steps you need to take so that you can take them.

If i could go to my high school self i would tell myself that it is not a wise idea to take a year off. I would also say that the best thing to do was to explore my options of what i like to do and what wanted to do as a career. And do research on the colleges that i can take those classes. Then i would have to kick myself in the butt for thinking that nor going to college right away was a good idea because it wasn't.

Bradford

The college is willing to help you out anyway that it can, as long as you the stidnet are willing to help yourself.

My classmates are very outgoing and many are hard working although some complain about the workload.

Don't be afraid to ask for help. You don't have to tackle every problem that you come across in your studies and social life on your own. If your struggling, go to your professors and talk to your friends as well.

Moti

better be ready for being responsibility by myself for college class registration and homework stuff.

location of college where its hard to find grocery store any malls for shopping.

Any kinds of person from different background and person who is familiar with village living.

SUNY College at Oswego administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.