SUNY College at Oswego

« See more reviews of SUNY College at Oswego

Use to be known for the excellant teaching/education department but 5 years ago they changed the program and now education majors can't find jobs and no one wants us for student teaching/observing. Education majors feel they have not learned enough to go out into the field and teach. Most are extremely upset and disappointed because we were promised excellance and received the same 2 classes over and over for 2 years in a row. I and many other education majors would never recommend Oswego to others looking to become teachers.

Oswego is known for their academics and it's athletics. My school offers 110 majors and minors student can choose from. The average GPA is a 3.0. The Oswego hockey team is currently ranked number one in the nation for division 3. This huge accomplishment not only makes the games more exciting to watch, but it brings the college students and the community together as well.

Education wise, the Tech Education Department is one of only a few in the country, they have a club which travels to competition and place high in events which they are in. The accounting program is becoming recognized by firms regionally and nationally. We are known for being on of the towns with the most bars in it. Hockey, 2007 Div III National Champions!

We are best known for our party community from what I can tell. One major perk of going here in the computer science field is that we are also well known for having Douglas Lea as a professor here, along with amazing computer science faculty.

The winter snow and the annual bridge street run ( a day of having adrink at each bar on bridge street starting on the east side to the west)

Our hockey team is the dominant sport here. They were 2007 Champs and just had a new facility added to campus focusing on the ice rink.

2007 1st place D3 Lakers Hockey. Snow. Oswego method of teaching.

hockey, snow, education program, school of business

the drinking and social life, along with the lake.

Horrible Weather, Extremely Lazy Proffesors