SUNY College at Oswego

« See more reviews of SUNY College at Oswego

The school seems to struggle to provide good entertainment for students. This fact puzzles me, considering that there's a new state-of-the-art hockey arena located in the center of campus. The Oswego Indie Series provides great music but beyond that the school leaves much to be desired. There's only one major concert the school provides each year, when I've heard of other SUNY's provided several more. I don't know if it's an issue with the Student Activities Board or the school itself, but much better entertainment could be provided.

The worst thing about my school is the incompetence of some professors. I don't feel like I get my money's worth for some classes. Or, they expect too much from me when I have other responsibilities to other classes. I believe the inadequacy of professors leads to lower grades(lower GPA), because who wants to go to a class and do good in it when the teacher doesn't see the work one puts into it? Or the professor doesn't teach anthing worthwhile to remember. I've had personal experiences concerning both these incidences.

The isolation; thoguh my scool has many great programs which enable the students to interact with the surrounding commuites, It still feels like the studnents live in a bubble. I want to live off campus next school year and many students don't want to do that/ see the logic in this. I believe it will aid me in becoming more independent if i lived off campus and on my own. I feel like it makes students unaware about our global community and that hinders personal growth and empathy for individual who are different.

The people are dicks. When you pass people, they open their phones and check them so that they don't make eye contact. Obviously there are some friendly people, but the bulk of them are this way. To sum them up with a stereotype, there are a lot of chicks who fake tan and a lot of guys who wear clothes a few sizes too big with a straight brim hat. I was voted the friendliest kid in my high school and have become bitter in my 3.5 years here.

I think that there are not enough classes offered each semester to fulfill the requirements needed to graduate on time. There should be more variety and if a class is not going to be offered, there needs to be more communication within the school to let students know that they need to take this class during a certain semester because it might not be available for a time.

The winters -- we have lake effect snow which is heavy and blasted around you by powerful winds. People are sometimes hurt when the wind throws them against something solid. I'm a heavy girl, but i occassionally was lifted and moved by the wind. Bundle up.

I feel that there is a lack of non-alcohol related activities in the surrounding areas. While this was fun and attractive as a freshman, by my senior year I became bored with the surrounding city of Oswego.

In my opinion, the worst thing about my school is the weather, because we are right by Canada and Lake Ontario. During the winter and fall, the weather gets harsh, and the wind gets wild. so be prepared!

when you receive financial aid, they give you 100 different papers to fill out with all the same information they have horrible parking give out way too many parking tickets

The worst thing about Oswego is that the campus isn't very well-connected. All of the buildings are very spread out, and the athletic facility isn't even on campus.