SUNY College at Oswego Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for SUNY College at Oswego

Franco

I really like it. It has a lot of organizations and clubs you can join and meet people who has similar interests as you. The professors are always available, either on their office hours or by email. The students are relative nice and friendly, so you can them questions either before or after class if you didn't understand something. For campus life, it really depends where you decide to live on campus; choose wisely.

My overall opinion of SUNY College at Oswego is that the university is not the best, but it's not the worst. I am looking into transferring colleges either my sophomore year or my junior year seeing as I'm not exactly as happy here as I thought I would be. The internet is consistently messing up and the dining hall food is horrid, however, the professors that I've been taught by are amazing. Overall, the university isn't terrible, but I expected more than I am receiving.

Yanfang

good

Jessa

It's a really good college. There are a lot of great opportunities to join different clubs and partake in different activities. The food is the only thing I have to complain about that but other than that, the school really is great. The housing is comfortable and feels like home. The professors I've encountered really want to help students learn and succeed.

Xaria

Overall I have a very positive opinion of SUNY Oswego. from the Faculty and staff to the students, there are great people throughout this campus. The faculty and staff are always there to help and are usually accessible. Like all campuses, your experience is what you make it, but Oswego makes it pretty easy to have a great time. Also, the campus has a lot of natural beauty largely due to its proximity to Lake Ontario. There's some AMAZING sunsets on the campus. There's no other place like SUNY Oswego.

Tienna

When I first went to visit the school I drove onto campus, stepped out of the car, and instantly knew that this school was something special. After going on my tour and hearing about Oswego I just knew that it was the school for me. It had the programs that I wanted, it was the perfect size for me, and it was in a location that I just fell in love with. I applied right away and once I got my acceptance letter I accepted it right away and I don't regret that decision at all. I love this school and I am extremely proud to be an Oswego Laker. Everyone was extremely welcoming and the academics are challenging and really push you to be the best that you can be. I can't wait for my next 3 years at Oswego because my first year was just so amazing I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Jose

The college is a very quiet place with harsh winds blowing at every corner of the campus. The college for the most part offers great professors who are willing to cooperate with you if you look for them. They are highly educated, and teach you what is essential to know from the course. It should be noted that they also encouraged critical thinking among students and there are times were students organize groups outside classroom to help one another. This college specifically offers the resources needed to succeed, but one as a student must learn how to use them as well as taking every opportunity it appears because at the end it is up to the student. Research programs at the college are there for anyone who interested to contributed their knowledge and expand their resume. The place is great training camp to manage your future and get the results you worked for. It is a place to test you how can you manage your life. Academically, every students who is willing to succeed will make it through their classes. There others who are there just to isolate themselves from their parents. There are many types of people living on campus.

Niki

Nothing beats the sunsets in Oswego. Being a student of the school of business helped me build many connections on campus as well as outside. My professor were super helpful anytime I needed assistance with anything. There are many opportunities around campus, such as the library, the compass and the tutoring center.

Janet

I love this school. I'm glad i decided to come here. I love the people and the campus size. The campus is the perfect size all buildings are at most a 20 minute walk. The teachers are great and always respond to e-mails. The sports are also so much for there is definitely something on campus for everyone.

Nahyro

SUNY College at Oswego has been a good experience for the most part, many great things about the college but also many issues as well, However overall, I recommend this college if you plan on going out and having a little fun, while also receiving good education from facilities and staff members

Rina

I am currently a junior at SUNY Oswego. From my three years here I have attained a lot knowledge of what SUNY Oswego has to offer. To start off, the academics are a great part of the school. They are known for their great Business and Education majors. The classes range from huge lecture halls to small classes, which I find convenient. I am involved with the D3 sports SUNY Oswego has to offer. I love the Laker life here. The hockey games always draw in a huge crowd. The men’s basketball team also typically draws in a huge crowd. The sorority life is also a success at the school. They do a lot for the community alongside clubs and activities. My friend is on the ski club and they go to ski resorts and he loves it. There is a club out there for everyone. The school is in the small city of Oswego which is only 30 minutes from the Syracuse mall. SUNY Oswego is big enough where you could meet someone new every weekend but small enough where you could see your friends and familiar faces everyday walking to class.

Natalie

I love SUNY Oswego. The campus is beyond beautiful, including the academic buildings and easy access to Lake Ontario. I am so incredibly glad I chose to attend college here, and I am grateful for the amazing opportunities it has offered me so far, and cannot wait to see what else it has in-store for me throughout my next 4 years.

Desiree

I felt very welcomed when I started at SUNY College at Oswego. My professors are great and they are there to answer your question. The campus police help the community to feel very safe. There are many ways to get involved and I feel secure here because everyone is accepted.

Ahmanee

SUNY Oswego is a really good campus since I have been enrolled here I completely love the campus environment. The professors here really work with you as long as you do your part as a student and express your concerns regarding the course. There are many facilities around campus that provide help for students. They are also efforts in place to help make the school a lot more diverse. There are numerous clubs and activities that students can join. The college makes that a huge point at the beginning of each semester with the student involvement fair. Oswego gives students a chance to learn about the environment and the resources on campus. I would recommend that this information be more available to students who transfer between semesters. On-campus housing is really nice. The RA staff really tries to make living in the dorms as inclusive as possible. They also make resources available to students who want to live off-campus. The campus keeps students updated on current events happening on and off campus. SUNY Oswego has done a great job of making students feel safe. If any illness breaks out on-campus students are the first to know. The only downside of SUNY Oswego is the winter season. Living on Lake Ontario has its pros and cons. It is beautiful in the summer, spring and fall months. Winters can get really cold, and if you’re not prepared it could be really shocking especially to international students or students coming from warmer places.

Love love love Oz! Unfortunately I'm transferring but it's only because I didn't have a passion for what I was doing here. I would totally stay if Oz offered anything agricultural, but it doesn't so I have to go :( Res life is great, I loved living in Funnelle, west campus is the party side, lakeside is pretty low-key but they definitely know how to party, east campus needs to be avoided at all costs, central campus is pretty quiet too, just a fair amount of pot smoked by literally about three rooms in both buildings. Academics are great, you can find some sort of support just about anywhere. Go Lakers!

keymani

I think that oswego is a great school, I am able to focus on my education, while participating in activities. I have made some great friends here and have been able to open up to different people from different backgrounds The professors are caring and are always open to helping students because they understand what it is like to be a college student.

Ziyah

As an Incoming Freshman who recently attended a summer program held for students in a program that they're apart of , I do feel like this school makes you feel at home. As an African American Woman from New York City, SUNY Oswego and the town, Oswego, has given me a major culture shock and has shown me that this world has a lot to offer. You do feel welcomed and at home, when entering on this campus.

Karen

love SUNY Oswego. It has a beautiful campus, diverse group of students, and great opportunities. You can always find something to do on campus, which is wonderful, and there's so many different kinds of people it would be impossible to not make friends. They do a lot of things for career advisement, including mock interviews and job fairs.

Colleen

As soon as I step foot on campus I knew it was where I was supposed to be. Overall the students are friendly and active, the food is hit or miss, and the facilities are all in good condition. The lake adds a lot of charm to the campus. Winters are pretty chilly, but that's okay.

Brooke

I am going to be attending this college this upcoming fall 2018 semester. I have visited the school this past fall and it was absolutely beautiful when the season was changing from summer to fall. I have also learned everything there is to know about the school online and I am so excited to spend my next four years here. The school has about 7,000 students and I may only take a lecture class or two. I really like this because I like smaller classes and I want my professor to know my name.

Niki

I really enjoy the campus and the professors. They show you that they really care and want you to move ahead. MY professors are always available to me when I need it. The campus has a wide variety of clubs for one to join. They have co-rec sports as well

Christine

SUNY Oswego was not my first choice when applying to college. I only applied because I had a College Board Fee Waiver. I personally do not like the school. The town is very boring, some love it. But if you are a city girl then you might not enjoy it. Besides from Bars and occasional parties there is nothing to do over the weekend. I like partying but sometimes I want to do other activities than just partying. There is a movie theater and bowling alley in town but thats pretty much it. The actual school itself is beautiful. The campus is beautiful especially since the school is on lake ontario. We see the best sunsets everyday, but when it snows the lake effect is REAL!! The academics here are great. Especially if you are undeclared, there are so many resources here for you. The food is not that good. And there is not really much school spirit. Overall, if you want a fun night life other than bars and a school with a lot of spirit then this may not be the school for you.

angelique

SUNY Oswego has a very diverse campus, I have not taken one bad course here. the students and faculty are great and make you feel at home. The campus is beautiful and provides students with many different activities and volunteer work opportunities.

Meghan

I loved attending SUNY Oswego. The campus is beautiful, there is so much to do on campus, and the professors really care. There is an abundance of services available on campus to help with anything, academic or personal. The dining halls had decent food with a good variety. They also have an excellent selection of study abroad programs!

Desiree

SUNY College at Oswego is a great school. The winters are a bit harsh though with the wind and the lake effect weather. They offer many majors and the classes that I take for my major makes me feel secure in my future. I have mixed feelings about my dorm. It's calm for the most part but on the weekend, you can bet that everyone goes crazy, even during midterms and finals weeks.

Ezra

My overall opinion of SUNY Oswego is that it is a great school with excellent value, and it cares for its students. The on-campus housing, in my opinion, is expensive for its value, however, the educational facilities and professors are welcoming and excellent, especially for the price of tuition.

Shannel

I honestly feel as though there are plenty of good opportunities here at this school, but its small and the facilities and the things in this environment are not fit for young adults like myself. Not toto mention the weather and the fattning foods that were consuming. I'll pass .