Plattsburgh, NY
SUNY College at Plattsburgh

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College at Plattsburgh

jerime

i would tell myself, friends come and go. keep studying and one day you can do what you wanted to do since you were 5 years old. Getting a Ged is tough work and took a long time to achieve. Dont get me wrong, we have a beautiful family. She will still be in your life, as she is in mine. Its Fate, we're soulmates. But its tough to take care of our family without a education and a future. I know you will do the right thing. Stay in school.

Ashlee

It's said over and over by those older than us, but cherish the moments while they last. I have the personality to get blind sighted by the stress of pressures of the situation, that I forget to enjoy the situation, stressful though it may be. My advice to myself, were I able to go back and speak to myself two years ago, would be to just breathe, enjoy the moment. Yes, the difficult times do come and they are challenging, but do not be so focused on finishing the task, that the task flies by without your noticing.

Rebecca

Take a breath your first day and relax. Don't worry so much about how you look or if people are going to like you. There are going to be people who dont accept you for who you are but that is okay because they aren't worth your time anyway. Take your academics seriously, but also know that you need to have some fun. If you don't do well on a test, don't sit at home and cry about it. Tell yourself that the next text you will study harder and you will get a better grade. Never treat someone badly and never judge anyone. You aren't perfect and you have made mistakes, so who are you to judge others. Just remember that "Life is short, so live it. Love is rare, so grab it. Anger is bad, so dump it. Fear is awful, so face it. Memories are sweet. So cherish them." You are going to be fine I promise. Just keep your head held high and never let anyone tear you down.

I wish that I would have taken a tour of the school just so that i would have been more aquanted with everything.

I brag most about the program I am currently in. I am a social work major at Suny Plattsburgh. I tell me friends how wonderful and knowledgeable my teachers are. This is a great program at Plattsburgh that needs to be acknowledged more by the school.

Erica

I've made friends that will last my entire life. The girls I live with have become the closest people to me . Friendships like these are so valuable to me. I also enjoy coming here because it is like my escape from my house and life back in New Hampshire. No one knew me when I first arrived and I started a new life and image here, something a lot of people are not able to do. This is a great college for my major and I feel like I am getting the most out of my education because of how many opportunities this college in the realm of TV Production and broadcast journalism. I feel like even in my second year at SUNY Plattsburgh, I have gained so much knowledge pertaining to my major.

The average student looking for a new start that is just far away from home, but close enough to come home should consider SUNY Plattsburgh.

Rebecca

When I visited Plattsburgh, they made me feel as if I would make the school better by being there- no vice versa. Members of admission, first year experience, and the Honors program were very welcoming and tried their hardest to convince students to enroll. Also, the students I met were just as enthusiastic, something that I found was not present in other schools.

From my first semester of college, I have gained a lot of confidence in myself and my abilities. Plattsburgh gave me the oppurtunity to be on my own for the very first time, and with help, I succeeded. This experience has been invaluable. I have made friends in my first semester that will last a lifetime. I learned that I can handle college workload and living on my own. Plattsburgh has also given me the oppurtunity to explore all my interests, and the school does not make me stay simply in my major. This has allowed me to discover what I truly want to do after my undergraduate experience.

I brag about how easy it was for me to declare minors, even with my major being as strenuous as it is. I also brag about how easy it is for me to get involved, and how campus feels like it is the perfect size. I really like the social atmosphere at Plattsburgh, everyone is very friendly. Also, the Honors Program gave me the oppurtunity to have a small college feel inside the larger university.

Katerin

My school is best known for being outdoorsee. People there like to go rock climbing, skying, snow boarding, and other things like that. The whole campus is basically an art display. Biology majors get the best professors and classes. Hospitality majors get an amazing department and staff from the industry. Known for its teaching and pshycology department. Etc.

I have gotten alot of knoweldge in my field. I am a hospitality major and my professors are from very diverse backrounds in the field. The department itself is very diverse and opens various oportunities for the future. It has been a valuable experience because the overall environment of SUNY Plattsburgh is friendly. The faculty, staff, and student body portray a positive and helpful attitude and I appriciated that coming as a Freshman to SUNY Plattsburgh.

I wish I had known to get involved as soon as I got there. There is so much to do, and sometimes I feel like its hard to consentrate on something specific.

Pema

Many people may underestimate the credibility a SUNY (State university of New York) school may hold. In all honesty, Plattsburgh has detered me from believing that this school is "listed" under that category. Entering a brand new school filled with more than a thousand people is a bit scary. But the Student Association and the students attending this campus are mostly kind and comforting. A college is a college no matter what, there will always be those who party and drink, but it is up to the you the student yourself to understand the differences and choose your own path.

Since it is my first year here at SUNY Plattsburgh, I've realized that college is extremely different from high school. College is is valuable since your education does not stop with a high school degree. There are many other different things and areas to study and learn that aren't taught, in high school, elementary, and middle school. In college you recieve a deeper understand and comprehension towards a subject you're interested in and hope to pursue later on in the future.

The dining halls!! The food is actually really good, too good in fact. Know how to control yourself and maintain a proper diet and balance when choosing which foods to eat. They are always there, you have four years to explore the different wonders of each and every food there is

Elana

College has introduced me to a new culture. Coming from a small, lower middleclass town, I was not prepared for such a diverse campus, however, the college encouraged getting to know others and greatly eased this small fear. The school has students from every part of the world and every part of the country. For this alone, I love my campus. As a Hotel, Tourism Management major, exposure to these different cultures has given me a new look on life and more experience where I need it most. Also, the classes and experienced professors have pushed me to excel in a way, I never thought that I'd be able to.

Someone who holds campus spirit in high regard would love this school. With an excellent hockey team, SUNY Plattsburgh encourages students to be very active in campus activities. Also, outdoorsy types would enjoy the scenic hikes and foliage offered year-round.

Katelyn

In short, I truly got to know myself. Allowed for me to embarck on the ever-reeling path of life with confidence in how to communicate and dictate myself and those I meet.

snowy and windy, made 8 am classes impossible

SUNY College at Plattsburgh administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.