Plattsburgh, NY
SUNY College at Plattsburgh

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College at Plattsburgh

lisa

I would strongly advise parents and students to take the time to vist various schools before making a decision in order to make the most informed decision. In my case, I knew that SUNY Plattsburgh was the right school for me when I set foot on its campus during Open House. Also, do your research. Ask alumni and orientation leaders questions because they are there to help. College is truly the best time in one's life, and it is essential to make the right decision because it will impact the future.

the social aspect of the school got me through four years of living five hours away from home.

Monica

Plattsburgh State is an extremely open environment where I feel safe and comfortable to meet my social, academic and personal goals.

The best advice I can give a parent helping their child find a college is to allow them to be involved. I have a few friends here who are only going to this school because their parents wanted them to. These students are less motivated to succeed and spend a lot of time wishing they were somewhere else. My mother was extremely supportive while checking out colleges and I was able to come to a school I knew I would enjoy. To the students: When you begin college as a Freshman, I would suggest searching for all possible opportunites to get involved on campus. Walk around the college center. Write down any and every event you would like to attend; even if it may not seem like the most interesting. You never know what kind of people you will meet there or if the topic interests you more than you thought it would. College is the best time to seek out new possibilities and ensure yourself that your future will be the best one for you. To both parents and students: Good Luck!

There are so many volunteer opportunities here!

Zack

A friendly evnvironment to learn for anyone.

A friendly evnvironment to learn for anyone.

Great arts department. Lots of things to do on campus

Decide what you want your major to be, and find a school that accomodates that.

David

everyone is bored and angry, the locals are angrier and never leave the area. The fraternities are smoldering embers of derelicts who only drink and do other things because of the cool factor, and the people involved in school activites are too afraid to go off campus for fear of seeing something new and interesting.

move far from home and desire a raised consiousness

a boring well mannered troglodyte

The reason I choose to go to Plattsburgh, was because I was invited to a Scholars Weekend my Senior year of High School. This allowed me to get to know some of the students that go here and really be able to feel what its like to go to school here. My suggestion to others is spend sometime at the school you are looking into, see if they have any programs where you can stay with a student or can sit in on a class. Thats what helped me fall in love with PSU!

I really love the school that I attend. So, I guess my answer will be the same as before; the worst thing at my school is the feet and feet of snow we get on the ground every winter. It makes walking to night classes a bit unpleasurable and freezing. But we just bundle up and as long as prospective students like the winter and enjoy winter sports then they'd love it up here!

It gets really cold and snows for the majority of the year. Temperatures tend to go below freezing, but you get used to it. I just suggest that if you're planning on coming here you should enjoy the winter time.

Rian

The best advice I can give would be, make sure you are choosing a school with a fun surrounding area. Make sure you are choosing a school that fits your personality, and most of all make sure you are going to school, particularly that school for the right reasons.

The hands on and group activities in the class room are great things that help learning. I also enjoy the small size of the classrooms, this makes it more one on one with the professorers.

A person who is motivated and has good time management skills.

Make sure you like the appearence of the campus. My mom knew right away and it became my school for the past 3 years unregretably. Talk to a few of the students you see around campus that you do not know and see how they respond to you. If they are friendly, your not in for a rude awakening. Ask lots of questions to your tour guides or orientation staff, chances are you are not going to see them again and chances are if they can answer all of your questions without too much thought, they are fond of the school and most likely so will your future college students. Remember that most situations can be changed and colleges will do their best to accomadate you if your child has a problem ,so take the time in looking at other things such as the size of the school. This is most important because it will determine how well your child will fit in, and how much expirience your child can allow themselves. By knowing the style of your child, you first must determine if your child needs a small, medium or large school, and then go from there. Good luck

Someone who is extremely dependent on family, someone who doesn't like college towns, someone who is terrified of cold weather.

How much I get along with the people I met. People who are on my level and how much I have changed, learned and grown from this school.

stefanie

a pretty chill school where you can learn about yourself and what you wanta do .

they are nice and friendly

I do beleive that you shouldnt just jump into a college. dont go to a college just becuase your parents went to it or your siblling went to that college. You should find out as much about the college before choosing one. also dont be afaird to ask students on campus what they love about the school, dont ask the tour guide they are trying to get you to come here so they are selling the school to you. best bet is the people just reading a book in the lounge or someone walking from class. go on a tour on an off day not open house, everything seems fake at that time. maybe try to stay with someone on campus before choosing. becuase seriously you are the only one that can figure out if this school is for you. and take classes you wouldnt ever take it will broaden your horizon and maybe even change your mind about what you want to do with your life. remember to be your self and have fun. Remember parents this your child life not yours.

SUNY College at Plattsburgh administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.