SUNY College at Potsdam

« See more reviews of SUNY College at Potsdam

When I went to visit SUNY Potsdam, the President spoke to the visiting group. He said " You've been accepted, which means that we want each and every one of you to be a part of our family. We want you here so we can grow and learn together." His words really spoke to me and made me feel welcomed. I knew from then on that I would not be just another student, I would be a part of a family. And I had confidence that I would not get lost academicly in this school.

SUNY Potsdam is the perfect size for everyone. The class sizes are perfect. They are small enough that the professors can really take the time to get to know you and help if you need it. But at the same time the school is big enough that you are always meeting new people and making new firends. It also happens that SUNY Potsdam was rated number 1 for food service throughout the SUNY system, so that's pretty awesome as well. Not to mention it's also beautiful!

Something unique about my school is that even though we are a small school, you can still meet new people and make new friends every day. Also there is never a chance that you can feel lonely in this school because there is always someone that would like to hang out with you. My school's environment is very friendly and you can feel it when you visit the school.

My school is unique because of its laid-back atmosphere and the way that certain people feel like theyre family. Also, transition into my school was very easy. There were so many things going on and so many clubs to attend that it was very easy to meet new people. Also, my school's library and study areas are perfect for silent study or even group study.

I was unsure about the place at first but then after the open house i realized that it had everything that I was looking for in a college. The Proffs are understanding and helpfull as are the Advisors. Classes normaly are small (ranging from 8-20 people). The dorms are comfy enough and everything is in walking/biking distance.

My school is unique in the sense that it is very small, because of this I am able to build a relationship with my proffesors. My first semester here i found research with a genetics professor, Jan Trybula. In any other university it would be much more dificult to do this.

Small classes; Excellent communication between professors and students; Available help if needed; Excellent Computer Science Department; Exclusive dormitory for seniors and juniors; Excellent meal plans and quality of food.

My school is very friendly and welcoming. Students have the opportunity to learn what they want to learn while enjoying time with friends, and the great outdoors.

SUNY Potsdam actually has two schools, they have SUNY Potsdam which is like the arts and sciences then SUNY Potsdam Crane School of music =)

The professors took an interest in helping me increase my expectations and helped me broaden my horizons.