Syracuse, NY
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry

Sara

I recently, along with many of my friends, have transferred out of SUNY ESF. I went from being an honor roll student in high school to practically failing everything at SUNY ESF. I have since transferred into Stockton Univeristy and am back on honor roll once again. I had a terrible experience at this school. My schedule was difficult to keep up with and the classes move through information very quickly. I don’t remember anything I’ve learned from that school despite how many hours I poured into it. It is much more enriching to take the time to learn something meaningful than to move through as much material as possible in such a short amount of time.

Brandon

Amazing people and full of those who want to help and support you or even just strike up a conversation about the environment or science in general. The bus trip I participated in to visit the college before I started attending was very life changing and made me feel like this college was perfect for me.

Suny college of Environmental Science and Forestry seemed like a nice college with great opportunities for the student. As well as great teachers, nice dorms, and a beautiful campus. The students also have the opportunity to take part in activities on the Syracuse University campus because ESF is right next to it.

Crystal

ESF is an extremely rigorous environmental science school. At ESF you have the unique opportunity to go to both Syracuse University and ESF. As a result, it becomes very clear that ESF has much more difficult classes. Only consider attending ESF if you are willing to commit the vast majority of your free time toward studying and doing homework because the classes at ESF are extremely difficult.

Molly

The State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF) is a college that has motivated, bright students and plenty of opportunities to get involved with research and outreach. ESF is unique in that we are situated directly next to Syracuse University (SU), so we share many of the same resources - fitness facilities, student groups, and classes. Between ESF and SU, there are plenty of classes and activities that will lead to a high quality environmental education. Many ESF grads get jobs in academia, working for the state, or working with local environmental organizations/firms, as ESF provides students with skills necessary to succeed in a variety of positions. ESF students are truly committed to improving our world. If you are passionate about environmental issues, whether it be sustainable agriculture, renewable energy production, climate change, migratory bird patterns, or water resources, this is the college for you! You will receive a quality education and have a great time doing so!

Alexandra
Bang For the Buck

Bang For the Buck

Awesome teachers in a small setting for most classes. Super cool people that go there. Ypu can also take classes at Syracuse University, so I took a bunch of art classes. Cute little city surrounding it. Overall, no complaints really. Tons of opportunities to be involved in activism and the school has good vibes.

Julia

Enviormental Education, Engineer programs and Landscape Architecture.

I would tell my highschool senior self to take as many credits in a commuity college as possible. This way I could apply for better schools and go into my major of choice as soon as I could. I would also tell my highschool self to aply for as many scolarships as possible. Both of these would be ways to save money and be less in debt than I am in now and would also have been on the right track sooner.

Molly

This school is best known for teaching diverse classes that you generally wouldn't take at any other school, particularly involved with the environment.

I would tell myself that instead of going to Cayuga Community College to get my associate's degree, transferring to SUNY ESF to get my bachlor's degree in biology and then having to go back and get another associate's degree from a NAACLS accredited college in order to get my MLT certification, I would save myself time and money by going to Broome first and then SUNY ESF. This way, I can ultimately end up working in a medical lab working my way up to a successful career woman and making a difference.

Anyone who plans on going to college primarily for the partying experience.

Pamela

The connection between Syracuse University and SUNY ESF. As SU or ESF students you can take classes on either campus.

The cold winters. I am not used to winters since I'm from the south and we don't have such winters.

Don't room with friends because they might not follow through. Work in the library so that you can do school work and still get paid. Also give up your state residency so that tuition can be cheaper. Stay in school and study, take lunch and dinner with you. Try and get as much work done at school before returning home and then when you get home go to bed by midnight regardless of how much work you have to finish. Wake up early ( after a min of 6 hours) and continue working on assignments. Leave weekends for resting but if you do work, work only a maximum of 6 hours a day so that you have time to do chores and other personal activities as well.

Attending college has been a life changing experience for me. During my three years at a junior college I’ve learned the importance of family and independence. My family is my safe place, my island in the midst of stormy seas. Whenever problems occur I run to them and they help me. I only learned this through attending college. College has presented many challenges that helped me to see that I could be an independent person. When I got a bad grade in organic chemistry, I realized that Pharmacy was not my passion. I changed my major; disappointing my family. In turn I came to question my decision and my reasoning, but then I realized that I needed to stand by what I believed was right for me. I needed to trust my decisions and stand by them. In gaining my independence I gained the support of my family. For this I am forever grateful to college and the experience it has given me.

SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.