Alfred, NY
SUNY College of Technology at Alfred

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College of Technology at Alfred

Katie

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself so many things. I would say "Katie, apply for every scholarship imaginable; paying for college is more expensive than you think. Save the money you make now because you are going to regret it when you have to call your mom for $10 to pay for feminine products. Pay that $50 to take the SATS instead of opting out on them when you get accepted to college. It will make it much easier for your future self when preparing for the GMATS and job applications. Also, do NOT obsess over all the mean girls in high school. You will be the one laughing, viewing their Facebook profile when you learn you've become prettier and more successful than every single one of them. Understand that life is going to get better and the problems you are facing now will seem so meniscal three years from now. Lastly, I would tell myself to hug my father tight and tell him how much I love him at my graduation day because he won't be alive to attend my college graduation.

Before coming to this college I wish I would have known how many stairs and hills there were. The campus resides on a hill in a small rural area with very little stores around. This is definitely not a college you attend if you have a shopping or starbucks addiction. You need to really love the idea of a college in a small town environment.

The worst thing about my school is that the students do not always strive for academic excellence. Most students strive for passing grades versus going above and beyond. It can be difficult being around individuals who do not put their academics first and foremost.

Daniel

SUNY Alfred is best known for nursing, Vet-Tech, and engineering. There's more men on campus then women because we have another campus called Wellsville. The Wellsville campus is for technical work like building trades, mansory, Truck and disel.

Have an idea of what you want to do before even considering college. College is costly and loans can and will kill. I would advise that you take all gen requirements early so if you're undecided you'll have gen requirements complete. Then when you actually decide a major, you can focus on core classes or any other courses that my interest you. I would also advise to get involved early!You'll appriciate your school much more if you involved and engaged on campus. Join a club, do some community service, play a sport, it's college so your suppose to grow to experience new things. Also focus on expanding your comfort zone. This is the best time in your life to do so, so go for it! Last thing, learn in and out the classroom. You learn more when you make connections with traditional and non-traditonal education. Oh, and have fun! It's college! But always be responsible. Mom and Dad won't wake you up anymore. It's all on you. One last tip, save, save, save! Get a job, spend wisely and save!

The food gets boring quick. There's not much of a selection, especially for people who take their health seriously. The off campus options are nice from time to time but can be costly. Our meal plan system needs a revamp. Dining Dollars should be accepted everywhere on campus and in town.

Larry

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to follow my true interests in college. I did well during the first semester of college in a biological sciences major, but I didn't enjoy it. I switched majors after the first semester to social sciences, and I love it. I would have told myself to start off in this major and not waste my time in something I didn't truley love. I would also tell myself to not play baseball. I didn't enjoy it that much, and I felt like I couldn't get the same exerience as a normal college kid. It also wasn't something I loved enough to want to committ the time that the sport required. I stuck it out last year, and I decided not to play this year when I found out I was going to have to have surgery on my shoulder for a muscle tear. I think if I had known these two things in high school, I would have had a much more enjoyable first year of college.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone looking for a smaller college where they won't feel lost. Someone transitioning from a small high school to college would fit in well. Anyone looking for small class sizes and the ability to get to know your professors on a personal level should go here.

Not really much. There isn't really anything that stands out above the rest.

Patrick

My school offers a more well rounded degree program with teachers from around the country and some from other countries.

Search out a wider range of colleges, get involved in more clubs/activities.

Focus put on the my degree at school and knowledge level of teachers.

Now that the final semester of my freshman year is coming to a close, I wish I could go back to my high school self and give a little piece of advice. Being in college is so different from high school. It does not matter if you're popular or rich or have the best clothing brand. When you come to college, you just have to be yourself... You don't need to impress anyone or try hard to make people like you. The only one you should be trying for is yourself. Everyone in college is feeling the same things you are and they're all there for you. At first I tried to be friends with everyone and then I realized that I wasn't surrounded by the correct people. You need to be around those with similar interest and talents so you can talk when you need to and hang out , but also get work done and stay focused on school. After all, you are paying money for your education. One last thing, it'll all be okay.

I wish I had known how helpful and knowledgeable the teachers were. As odd as it may be, I used to get nervous around my teachers and was too shy to ask questions. If I had known in advance how understanding the teachers were I would have asked any question I had immediately in front of my other classmates. The teachers have so much experience behind them that they know how to explain problems better and make sure everyone knows what they are doing.

There is nothing that boggles my mind, however I have noticed that throughout my GenEd course there can be students that are disruptive. It's frustrating when you're trying to learn and pay attention to what the teacher is saying, when you can hear the conversation happening between two students at the other end of the room.

Jonathan

I would tell myself to focus. If anything I have learned that if you do the work by taking the time and focusing on the material, in and out of class, college is not as hard. If work starts to pile up it is impossible to get back on track. Stay ahead of the game or else you will want to give up. If you focus from the second you start, then nothing will stop you from getting your degree. Focusing also means eating right and being healthy. Focus by going for a run, not drinking soda all the time, and eating right. When you focus, you feel better, more confident, and are much more likely to succeed in whatever goals you set for the day, week or semester.

The worst about alfred is that there is not much around. There is not much opportunity to go shopping, or to the movies. The weekends get more boring as the semester goes on and there is not much to do.

I brag that I'm not far from my home town, but am just far enough away to be on my own. I brag about my good grades, my teachers, and nice small classes.

Alicia

You are the first to attend college in your family and you may be nervous but you are going to be so successful with many tittles. But the class you are taking is going to challange you, aspecailly your senior teacher and not always in a good way. You will make a lot of new freinds when you go but get ready to learn the difference between friend and aquaintance. College is going to be your biggest wake up call and you may think that it is what you want to do and for that time yes it is, but in the end your struggles will pay off. You will see that the road you have taken ended in a place you have not yet contemplated, but for the better, and for that you will be thankful. One more thing, don't ever regret your past. It's who you are and you are amazing because of what you have gone through and became. So as Mr. Renolds would say every day, "Go out, achieve, succeed and make me proud!"

The best thing about Alfred State is all of the clubs and things to do in your social life.

The kind of person that should attend Alfred State should be fun, ready to learn and get involved in the social network. Alfred State is a very social school.

Odyssey

My school is best known for our education and high values.

My school is best known for our education and high values.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would tell myself to apply to more schloarships. I would definitely tell myself that college is no joke and if I am not prepared I better check myself before I go off to college.

I would consider the food the worst thing about my school, only because its tiring eating the same food day after day.

Chevon

Alfred State College Paves The Way To Success.

Alfred State College Paves The Way To Success.

Alfred State College is well known for it's technology programs that they offer to students.

Follow your dream and never give up. Education Is The Key To Success

SUNY College of Technology at Alfred administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.