Alfred, NY
SUNY College of Technology at Alfred

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College of Technology at Alfred

mariani

I like my classmate, they are mostly very helpful and supportive.

I like my classmate, they are mostly very helpful and supportive.

I didn't really want to change anything, because I was hard working student and also active in extra activities in campus but I keep maintained my GPA always over 3.0. During the last year of my school, I also working part time. It really helped shape the way I am today. My experiences when I was in college, refined the way I am today. If one thing that I want to change was that, I shouldn't being so naive, but hey... I was young then. I made mistake and fixed it :))

the one who like challenges and work individually.

I would tell myself that college life is harder than being in high school. You have to really stay focused and on top of your school work if you want to pass your classes with an A. It's not all about partying.

ashley

Educationally driven school with emphasis on individual needs.

Educationally driven school with emphasis on individual needs.

Try and stay focused more on homework and balance social time. Stay away from junk food!

Someone who is not a fan of rural areas

Ryan

So far in college have had a blast. Professors are good people and the classes have been small. I have met tons of new people who i will be in contact with for life. It is a great experiance.

People who are used to a small town enviroment. Enjoy the outdoors and like seeing deer in the middle of campus

Cody

Small shool with great professors and greater expectations for success

Small shool with great professors and greater expectations for success

SUNY Alfred State is a rather unique school because it is a rather small school on top of a hill in the middle of the woods, the classes are rather small average with only 20 or so students per class room allow teachers to communicate with student on a person level also some of the technology professorsheld high positions such as working with the President of the United States and creating, maintaining communications with European countries and also Vice President of the US Olympic Badminton team.

If I was able to travel back in time and see myself the advice I would give is to work harder get better grades, to embrace the education that is being given to me because education is as important to life as food, clothing and shelter. To go above and beyond live life to the fullest leaving no regets and no what if's.

Victoria

After time spend researching colleges around New York State i have found a great deal of information. Looking at the pros and cons of schools as well as compaing i have picked the best colleges suitable for myself. If I could go back in time, it may be benificial to tell who I was the knowledge I have aquired about colleges and college life. Overall I would not tell myself anything because I know that the process of picking and choosing a college helped me change. It helped me decide what things are the most important to me and would help me succeed as well as enjoy my life. If I went back in time, I would not give any of the information i have about colleges away. Instead, I would say make a list or what things I excell at and the things I like to spend my time doing. From this list I would be able to concentrate on possible majors and carreers that I would obtain in order to help society.

A person with a clear mind in the field they want to pursue should attend Suny Alfred. The school is designed to hold less students compared to other colleges inorder to give students a more hands on approach. The classes students attend are small, consisting of 20-30 students per class to ensure every student's success. The school is not competetive but focuses on teaching every student what they need to know to excell in their career.

A student looking to reside in city life instead of rural area should not attend this school. If competition outweighs success in a field of study, Suny Alfred is not the right school. Suny Alfred is designed to give every student a basic foundation to work off of not to push them on a advanced level to watch a student fail. Any student looking to start in advanced courses facing intense competition within a field should not attend this college.

Shadeeka

If I were able to go back in time and be a high school senior I would tell myself to visit every college. It's my future and I shouldn't limit myself. This isn't like high school where I dont have to pay. This is my money for my education. Funding is important and I should make sure I look for somewhere that I will be happy spending the next 2 to 5 years of my life. Also do as much scholarships as possible and try to save up as much money as possible. But little things and save them like coats, clothing, boots. Make sure to be ready to open a bank account with the nearest bank to campus. Make sure I like the community around the campus and I feel safe stepping off school grounds. Contine to use my height to play sports and choose a better school that will showcase my talents better. Speak to people that have already experienced college as well as individuals in my major in choice. I would tell myself not to take the transition into college lightly being that it is serious.

I wish I would have considered my other options before just choosing to here. I should have visited more campuses and got more information. If I had known it would have been so desolated and cold I would have chosen a school further down south near to or in a city. Also, had I known tuition would be this much I would've certainly chose differently.

Nathan

Alfred State is a small friendly campus, with helpful teachers and friendly students.

Make sure you do not wait till the last moment to pick your school, and take the time to do your work and stay on top of your do not wait for it to pile up. Your life will be less stressful.

Small class sizes, professor helpful, willing to help, and easy to contact. campus food is good. Town and surrounding area are picturesque.

William

The best advice I can give is to enter into the whole college experience with an open mind. This college thing will be like nothing you've done before, but the friends you meet and the experiences you'll have will be timeless. I highly recommend living on campus since it immerses you into the college life; you'll do better in your classes when you can talk/vent with other students about them, you'll learn what it's like to break free from life at home while sharing a pad with a roommate, and where else can you be around people about the same age with such diverse interests 24/7? If you simply open up your mind to things such as these, you're more likely to have a good time, and as a result do better in your classes. However, those who think college is simply about the classes and getting a 4.0 GPA or those who believe college is just a place to keep celebrating their high school graduation have been mislead. College learning takes place not only in the lecture hall but also in the entire college experience, so take it all in!

I wish I knew how close knit the college community was around Alfred State and Alfred University. These two colleges are the town, so it's impossible not to meet students from the University. Plus, the classes here are small enough that you'll be able to meet the majority of people in them and also build friendships in and out of school. The professors at Alfred State actually take the time to learn your name and they should have enough personal experience with you to be meaningful professional references in the future, very cool.

David

What makes my school stand out from the rest is the fact that there are bonds build between students and faculty. There is not one professor, or factulty member the you can not talk to. There are also many programs such as toturing to help students, and we even have a department that specializes in help the studends that may have any learning disabilities. Overall my school creats a very well established learning evirment that fit any students needs, and that's what I believe make my schoolstand out from the rest.

If I had the oppotunity to talk to mysely back when I was a highschool senior I would tell myself that I have to brush up on my art skills because I will be taking a lot of art classes throughout my first years. I would also tell myself not to worry about making friends because I will be making some good friends. I willalso tell myself to push myself more so I would get scalorships from my school so that I wouldn't have to take out a loan. I would also tell myself that the transition is not that different, itsurprisingly smooth. The last thing I would telling myselfistoexpectto benfit a lot rom the experience because it's going to be great.

ANy person that is not willing to putin there best efforts into the work they do should not attend my school because of the simple fact that forsome of the majorsin my school effort counts foor a lot and so does individuality. For example, to be animation major,you have to be willing to put in your best in each project because the grading is not easy. If your not willing to be an individual and give it everything you got then my school'snot for you.

SUNY College of Technology at Alfred administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.