Canton, NY
SUNY College of Technology at Canton

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College of Technology at Canton

Lessley

The people I have met during my visists were great and friendly. I never felt awkward and they were also very helpful. I met with a counselor who helped me clear my questions about the college such as housing and meal plans, all which seem to be bery afordable.

SUNY Canton is a safe place and a place where you can achieve your goals. The professors are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure their students succeed. If you miss a class, it is easy to get in contact with the professors and they respond right away. The food is good but gets boring after a while and they also have vegetarian selections.

pepe

most things are OK but some are just bad. the area has been dying for years now and to attract any students the college has had to lower its academic standards by a large amount. about 50% of students are from NYC and seem like they only came to smoke weed in the dorms as they use up their financial aid. The rest seem like they are only here because this is the only place they got accepted to. few people have any interest in learning anything or any sort of ambition. The campus is pretty and not really lacking anything and the food is good , but some staff make you feel like your only inconveniencing them when you need anything of them. The biggest major on campus is also one of the newest, game design. this course seems to attract people whose entire lives are spend playing video games in a basement somewhere . I have tried my hardest too try to find some kind of social group here I can fit into. But the African American students have some unwritten rule that they only associate within that community, And the rest of the students seem to have seem to be horrified of the thought of doing anything outside of playing video games, sleeping or watching anime. the professors are mostly fine and some like Dr. gagliardi (my calc1 professor )are passionate and knowledgeable , willing to go the extra mile to help you do well. however a small number of teachers are outright bad. The campus dies on weekends unless you have some connections to a Clarkson, Potsdam, or slu student who can get you into frat parties there. I there is no student that is a perfect fit here. look elsewhere in suny for your education.

Shatalya

Attending SUNY Canton was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I was very active in the school as a resident assistant, student activities club member, and independent senator in student government among other things. Campus life was great because there was always something to do. Classes weren't too difficult and the library was amazing. It was nice to get away from my NYC life and enjoy the open space and fresh air. It all around change me for the better. It gave me confidence, a solid education and lifelong friends. I also met my husband there so that's a plus. The food could be better but it's a great school overall.

Kahdean

SUNY canton is a great school. The criminal justice program is great and the engineering program. I play on the basketball team and a bunch of people come out and support us all the time and uplift us anytime we loose. I made a lot of friends at Canton from all walks of life and I’m happy that I came to this school.

Christopher

My overall opinion is that it is a great academic school and the students on campus are good as well. The faculty and staff on campus are around and very helpful. There are many activities to do while on campus. The professors make work pretty easy to understand and if not they are around to help.

Anna

If you want to go to a school that will help you timely and easily get done with your specific major, then SUNY Canton is a great choice. It's also really easy to get AP credits and I almost skipped two full semesters or a whole year! The dorms are a decent size for two people (especially if you ONLY pack what you need), but a triple isn't really desirable or fun (like most colleges). Try to avoid that at all costs. The blue light safety system and the on-campus police are helpful in making students feel safe and can be used anytime. However, like anywhere, especially the nature trails, don't go alone. The food is pretty good. Their huge salad bar is amazing, and try their mac n cheese, you'll love it. While you mostly only deal with teachers in your major after Gen Ed, there are only a few teachers around that don't fit the bill of being very helpful and open to helping students. Professor Penepent, among others, even gives out his cell phone number if you ever need him!

Titian

If I was to go back in time, knowing what I know now about college, I would say to to be aware and grateful for what I have. Don't take what you have for granted because it can and will be gone in a blink of an eye. Cherish everything you have and appreieate what you have accomplished. Stay on track and don't lose focus on whatever you have to do. Also, I would say don't lose faith in yourself. You may think you are at the end when a boulder is in your path, but you have to push through. Don't give up when it gets tough. College is suppose to prepare for you the harsh world out there and in the future you have to know that indepedence is very important. Lastly, I would say Good Luck !

The best thing about this school are the resources and the best professors to make sure you achieve the grades you want. The library counts as your number 1 resource. It has everything you need to make sure you stay focus. You have tutors that will interact with you and make sure you really understand the subject. The professors are amazing cause they know what it was like being a college student.

I brag about living on campus. Living on campus is really so much fun because of the new found freedom you get. Living on campus and meeting new people is the ultimate fun part. Everyone is diverse and has their own opinions and so much more.

Lora

You can get a great education and benefit from a four year university, yet it is still small enough to really feel a part of the community.

I would definitely have worked myself a little harder my senior year. Most of my classes my senior year were pretty much blow off classes and when the semester started here in college in September I really had to work hard to get back into the swing of things. I also would have told myself to work more hours over the summer so I would have had more money to bring with me. It is surprising how fast your money goes.

Students who don't want to take classes seriously. The teachers are really on you so you need to work hard.

Alexis

The school has a very friendly enviornment with teachers and staff members who want to see you succeed in whatever you may desire and will do anything to help you get there and make your dreams a reality.

Don't always be so trusting. You may met people who you think will be your friends but in reality they really are not. That doesn't mean not take the oppurtunity to make a friend but be more cautious when you do. Also, never let your friends tell you that you work too hard or do too much, if you are happy that is all that matters. You can be stressed beyond belief and still be happy and as long as you are happy with yourself that is all that is important.

When I brag about Canton, I always tell everyone that even though it is a small town, everyone on an off campus is very nice! I came from town where it is a rare occasion to have someone hold a door for you. And when i first got to Canton I was amazed by the kindness of the people there. This area and school restored some of my faith in humanity. I love everything about Canton and as an added bonus it is beautiful in the fall and the stars at night are breathtaking!

SUNY College of Technology at Canton administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.