SUNY College of Technology at Canton Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for SUNY College of Technology at Canton

Kahdean

SUNY canton is a great school. The criminal justice program is great and the engineering program. I play on the basketball team and a bunch of people come out and support us all the time and uplift us anytime we loose. I made a lot of friends at Canton from all walks of life and I’m happy that I came to this school.

Anna

If you want to go to a school that will help you timely and easily get done with your specific major, then SUNY Canton is a great choice. It's also really easy to get AP credits and I almost skipped two full semesters or a whole year! The dorms are a decent size for two people (especially if you ONLY pack what you need), but a triple isn't really desirable or fun (like most colleges). Try to avoid that at all costs. The blue light safety system and the on-campus police are helpful in making students feel safe and can be used anytime. However, like anywhere, especially the nature trails, don't go alone. The food is pretty good. Their huge salad bar is amazing, and try their mac n cheese, you'll love it. While you mostly only deal with teachers in your major after Gen Ed, there are only a few teachers around that don't fit the bill of being very helpful and open to helping students. Professor Penepent, among others, even gives out his cell phone number if you ever need him!

pepe

most things are OK but some are just bad. the area has been dying for years now and to attract any students the college has had to lower its academic standards by a large amount. about 50% of students are from NYC and seem like they only came to smoke weed in the dorms as they use up their financial aid. The rest seem like they are only here because this is the only place they got accepted to. few people have any interest in learning anything or any sort of ambition. The campus is pretty and not really lacking anything and the food is good , but some staff make you feel like your only inconveniencing them when you need anything of them. The biggest major on campus is also one of the newest, game design. this course seems to attract people whose entire lives are spend playing video games in a basement somewhere . I have tried my hardest too try to find some kind of social group here I can fit into. But the African American students have some unwritten rule that they only associate within that community, And the rest of the students seem to have seem to be horrified of the thought of doing anything outside of playing video games, sleeping or watching anime. the professors are mostly fine and some like Dr. gagliardi (my calc1 professor )are passionate and knowledgeable , willing to go the extra mile to help you do well. however a small number of teachers are outright bad. The campus dies on weekends unless you have some connections to a Clarkson, Potsdam, or slu student who can get you into frat parties there. I there is no student that is a perfect fit here. look elsewhere in suny for your education.

Alexis

SUNY College of technology at Canton, also called SUNY Canton, is overall a good school. The class sizes are small which really allows us as students to get to know their professors. The school also allows for plenty of extracurricular activities. There have been plenty of extracurricular activities directed towards my major of Criminal Investigation which I find to be unique. Also, the dorms each host some sort of activity at least once a month which allows for students to get to know their peers. All thought the Greek life is not particularly celebrated on campus, there are many off-campus activities that us in Greek life participate in. If I had any complaints about the school it would be that the dining halls close earlier than I would like and that is is very cold pretty much the whole school year. Overall , I think SUNY Canton was the perfect match for me!

Christopher

My overall opinion is that it is a great academic school and the students on campus are good as well. The faculty and staff on campus are around and very helpful. There are many activities to do while on campus. The professors make work pretty easy to understand and if not they are around to help.

Shatalya

Attending SUNY Canton was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I was very active in the school as a resident assistant, student activities club member, and independent senator in student government among other things. Campus life was great because there was always something to do. Classes weren't too difficult and the library was amazing. It was nice to get away from my NYC life and enjoy the open space and fresh air. It all around change me for the better. It gave me confidence, a solid education and lifelong friends. I also met my husband there so that's a plus. The food could be better but it's a great school overall.

SUNY Canton is a safe place and a place where you can achieve your goals. The professors are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure their students succeed. If you miss a class, it is easy to get in contact with the professors and they respond right away. The food is good but gets boring after a while and they also have vegetarian selections.

Lessley

The people I have met during my visists were great and friendly. I never felt awkward and they were also very helpful. I met with a counselor who helped me clear my questions about the college such as housing and meal plans, all which seem to be bery afordable.

Jenna

DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE A FUNERAL DIRECTOR

Damion

I personally dislike this college, freshmen are for forced to live in dorms in a 3 packed & are old, full of insects while every other dorm is newly renovated and the suits are reserved for past years. The extracurricular activities aren’t popular due to their distance from dorms & the fact of how there isn’t many other forms of interesting activities.