Brooklyn, NY
SUNY Downstate Medical Center

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY Downstate Medical Center

KURT

Academically Downstate a great school. We have an amazing SIM lab that caters to all medical specialties and it is continuously expanding. The dorms can be renovated but we have so much available affordable off-campus housing that is practically right cross the street from the school that 9/10 time you are probably going to just get your own place. The professors are amazing and most work in the hospital that is attached to the school and are easily accessible after class. Oh and did i mention that our school is attached to a hospital? You can practically walk down the hall during your off time and engage in the full clinical experience of whatever your specialty is. And making friends is easy. Our class sizes are small so everyone gets to know each other very well. We have so many groups/clubs and events that getting to know people from other specialties is easy as well.

Nora

They are friendly and somewhat competetive.

They are friendly and somewhat competetive.

If I had the chance to go back to high school, I would tell myself to learn and experience as much as I can by travelling and meeting people from every background. I would also pursue my dream of helping people and learning more about the art of cooking and fashion designing. I would tell myself to not hold back and let go of my inhibitions as the world is a playground and you make what it is out of life. There will be falls but you fall, so that you can get back up!! Even though, I have done alot now, I also know, I could've done more...and I will. :)

Non Aggressive and non competetive.

Chris

If I had one chance to go back in time and give myself advise about college, I would surely sieze the opportunity. I have learned how competetive and money motivated the industry really is, and there isn't any room for grey area. The number one reason that students fall short in college is this big step, and the fact that they wind up enrolling into a niche that they soon regret. The pressure and strain on student's schedule cause them to ultimately buckle. The advise would be to simply focus on my attendance and proper time management. I would advise myself to be much more organized and prudent. To take things much more seriously. How the future is really all my decision and ready to be shaped by nobody else but me!! The days are already too short and perseverence is my double edged sword. Most importantly is just to be sure I want to make something happen enough to see it through. Life really is what you make it! I would say," Sometimes, there are just too many paths to choose from." and; "Just make sure to do a good job at whatever I decide doing."

Rosa

This school is diverse and offers a unique experience.

This school is diverse and offers a unique experience.

Going to college will be one of the most important and significant events in your life. The college experience will shape you into a professional, mature, and independent adult; take advantage of the opportunities that are available while in school, because once you graduate there is no other experience like college. The college experience will be challenging, but you can succeed with the right tools. To succeed in college I advise you to set short-term and long-term goals. Plan your life for the next year, four years, and five to eight years. Your goals will keep you on track so you dont' get derailed, as I've learned can easily occur. Make a list of what you want to achieve while in college and why you decided to pursue college. During challenging times this list will remind you of your ambitions and will help you get through the tough times. Lastly, build a network of supportive friends and family, know who you can turn to for help, guidance, and encouragement; your family and friends will help you more than you imagine during your college years. I wish you the best of luck, I know you can do it.

A determined and focus individual should attend this school.

Lydie-Danielle

I would tell myself to be prepared to be challenged. Be prepared to have to work hard for everything you want. Although school always came easy to me, college changes things and you have to be ready to put in the work to achieve your goals.

I wish I had realized how small the school is... I come from a background used to a much larger campus with a lot more resources.

SUNY Downstate Medical Center administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.