SUNY Oneonta Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for SUNY Oneonta

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/unigowpnfs/unigo/wp-content/themes/twentynineteen-child/functions.php on line 3765

Brynja

I am completely in love with this school, from its atmosphere to its majors. Overall the school has a beautiful aesthetic, having a rather secluded and calming look to it, with many places outside that students can rest and relax. There is also plenty of support for LGBT students, such as housing, clubs, etc. Oneonta also has the best art department I have seen because even if you don't get into the BFA, they allow you into the BS program to work and better your skills, giving you the opportunity to improve and try again for the BFA if you want, or to just stay in the Bachelor of Science. No other school has done that, most won't give you the chance to improve your skills in school, expecting you to figure it out on your own time. Oneonta giving all students the chance to pursue their desired major is a big positive in my book. I want nothing more than to go to this school, as I think it has a lot of positives.

Cooper

I love Oneonta. When I first visited I got a feeling that it would be a second home for me. I quickly learned that the feeling was correct and I haven't regretted anything. I've been able to work on campus for multiple jobs and become part of multiple organizations because I wanted to do so. If you want to do something else with your time here, you totally can.

I absolutely love Oneonta!!!!

Katie

I love this school.

Cheyenne

Oneonta is a great school. The school could use some improvements as far as distribution of funds go and campus climate. There has been several protest on campus, some which ended in tension between students, others went amazingly. There is alot to do on campus during the week , but not much over the weekend. The students are friendly for the most part and so are the professors.

Kristen

When I first stepped onto SUNY Oneonta for a campus tour, I immediately felt like it was a home away from home for me. It felt so natural being on Oneonta's campus and there was nothing stopping me from working hard enough to have more than enough credentials become an accepted student here. The strength and determination I've grown to have through being in a military family has inspired me that if I can push through the struggles of supporting my father's integration back into civilian life after being deployed in Afghanistan for the entirety of 2013, I know that I can persevere throughout the challenges that higher education has to throw at me.

Kristina

I'm not really a fan of this college, but I'm putting up with it because transferring is a hassle. Pros: -Some professors are really nice/helpful, and are willing to help go over things (exams/quizzes/study guides). -The fountain by the bookstore is really nice, great to sit and read. That's really the only pros I can think of for this school. Here are my list of cons: -There is never enough parking, what parking they do have is usually at the bottom of campus and makes you late for class. Or you have people parking behind you waiting/honking for you to move your car. The closest parking spots to buildings are for staff/faculty, parking in one of those spots gets you an automatic ticket from Campus police. -Some professors just do not care, they just assign stuff whenever they feel like it (not following the syllabus at all). Or make you buy the textbook for class and then say later that you don't even need it. -Class times: You have literally have 10 minutes to get from one class to the next. If you have a class at the top of campus, and your next class is at the bottom of campus? Good luck making it on time.

Vanessa

Overall, going to Oneonta is a valuable experience! There is always a lot going on and the people are fun. I absolutely love my classes and the professors here have been really helpful.

Asazi

I am a freshman at SUNY Oneonta, and I'm double majoring in Africana and Latino Studies and Art. My overall opinion of SUNY College at Oneonta is that it's an amazing school. Everyone is friendly and the surrounding community is also friendly. They always have extracurricular activities and clubs that you can participate in. I have made many friends and I love all of my classes. The professors are always available if I need them, and my academic advisers are also always there when I need a hand.

Marissa

Being a student of Suny Oneonta. There are ups and downs. People in the dorm are willing to help someone in need and it makes me to feel more liking the school. Class work is heavy but it helps you became a better student.

Jenna

This school provides an opportunity to learn and prepare the students for their future. There are a variety of academic services that provide help to the students who need it. There is an amazing social life that accompanies the academic life. There are a variety of extracurricular activities that provide experience for your future career. The students are friendly and the faculty is available and helpful when needed.

Symantha

Located in the gorgeous Catskills of Central New York, SUNY Oneonta is the place to be. I've never felt more at home from a place away from home. Freshmen are gifted with gorgeous and spacious dorms equipped with gyms, kitchens, study lounges, & endless activities. There are also activities & events on campus nearly all the time. If you're looking for things to do off campus too, you won't have to search too hard. There are so many ways to succeed and to find yourself at Oneonta and people are welcoming, accepting, & supportive. I've been so happy with my decision!

S

Tiny town in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do but drink and get high. A waste of time and money.

Anastasia

It's alright. You find things to do but most people go out drinking a lot. The school is not horribly academics based and I've had trouble finding other driven people. I've had some great professors and some terrible ones. I came here because it was cheaper/more affordable and I guess I got what I paid for.

Alexis

I think it's a great school, professors are available when needed. There are three dining halls on campus so there's always options. The campus has just put in a new, bigger bookstore and a Welcome Center. The on campus housing is great, there is someone that cleans once a week.

SUNY Oneonta was my first choice in colleges when I had applied, I had toured the campus and fell in love instantly with the campus. I applied, got accepted and enrolled in SUMY Oneonta in the fall of 2016. I love living on campus and enjoy interacting with everyone on campus. The campus makes me feel so safe and secure. I love grabbing coffee from Jazzman's or Seasons if I don't have time to make it myself. It does get cold up here, so be prepared. Our school makes sure all students are treated with kindness and respect, and we are all treated as equal individuals. The shops in town are fun to walk by and go in, and we have a lot of great cafes and restaurants in case you get sick of the campus food. SUNY Oneonta is honestly one of the best colleges, I can't imagine being anywhere else

Jyesse

SUNY Oneonta, in my opinion, is a decent school. The scholarship opportunities, diversity, as well as club funding and club support could be greatly increased. Academically I find my courseload hard but it is not like it isn't doable. College is about taking advantage of every opportunity and I pride myself on that. I encourage folks to get involved, learn about Greek life, GO TO EVENTS, download CORQ, enjoy the nightlife but study and study hard! You're not paying a ton of money to just blackout every weekend, education should always come first.

Chris

I am really happy that I picked SUNY College at Oneonta. I have great professors and I have made a lot of good friends! From the time I stepped onto campus, this was a friendly and welcoming place. Orientation week set the tone and set us up to be part of the whole community. No regrets!

Vanessa

I truly love it here at SUNY Oneonta because tgi

Sophia

The school is very nice, peaceful and engaging. There is always something to do, on or off campus. The students are academically involved, and many groups are rather arts oriented. Full of amazing and kind people, SUNY Oneonta is a beautiful school in a gorgeous location upstate New York.

Brianna

SUNY Oneonta feels like home. As soon as I got out of the car to visit the campus, I felt like like I was back home, since I drove three hours to get there. My parents also loved the campus and they feel so comfortable for me to live there for the next 4 years of my life. The campus is also really clean and people are so nice to you.

Taryn

When I was a freshman, adjusting to college life was simple for me. I was lucky enough that Oneonta provided me with so many opportunities and allowed me to feel confident to put myself out there. As a junior, I'm proud of what I have accomplished so far. None of this would ever be possible without the professors I've had and the friends I've been surrounded with. There's always something to do; you will never find yourself bored with the many extracurricular activities offered. I can say with confidence that I cannot see myself anywhere else. Oneonta will always have a special place in my heart.

verania

My overall opinion of Suny Oneonta is it's my home away from home. i feel very comfortable on campus, there are so many things to do here. you will never be bored and there are so many amazing opportunities for both volunteer and being active in the community. also the food here is great there is a lot of variety to choose from and there are great small places to eat on campus besides the dining halls. Also, the academics here on campus are taken seriously and there are so many programs on campus to help out students struggling in classes.

Kristen

I think that it is a great campus but some of the housing needs to be updated. More activities on Tuesday nights would be great. The food here is not bad but I love the salad bar. Being able to balance what I eat with a salad is very reassuring. The academics here are a lot better than the private college I previously attended.

Kiyahana

The campus is absolutely gorgeous. While for many students, Oneonta may be a small town, there's always something to do. There are always buses running during the day, allowing you to go wherever you want, and they run on schedule usually when there are snowy conditions. The taxi prices aren't too terribly expensive either, which is nice. There are so many resources on campus available to students. There are also some phenomenal professors. One complaint, however, is that while Oneonta may have its great professors, it also has some really bad ones too. If you don't review your professors before selecting a class, you may end up stuck failing and miserable in your classes.

Julia

I like the smaller classroom sizes, because it creates a feeling of closeness and we have the opportunity to have classroom discussions. I like the campus, because it has resources readily available. My program itself is unique so that students attend classes on a different campus. The resources on this campus are available, but there could be improvements made to opportunities for tutoring or the library. The professors at SUNY Oneonta are knowledgeable and readily available to answer questions or provide assistance. Overall, a very good school program.

Chelsea

In my overall opinion, there is no better place to go for an aspiring teacher in New York State. The major department is so knowledgeable and all so helpful that you are beyond prepared for your career after graduation. Your professors will drive your passion for education through the roof. Financially for future teachers, there is no sense in attending a private school program when we have an excellent program with challenging academics and great connections right here. The social scene is wonderful, just be sure to get involved. Oneonta really is one big community for all students to grow and become their best selves.

Daeja

SUNY Oneonta is a good school to go to. There are a lot of opportunities for students here. Clubs, teams, programs, and so many more are available for students. The staff and professors are friendly, The environment is safe, the scenery is beautiful, students are academically focused, the school size is decent. If you're looking for a good school to go to SUNY Oneonta is the one.

Makayla

Oneonta gave me the greatest first impression of a college I ever one that was real and authentic. Throughout my tour it really said a lot when people waved at us, my group felt very welcomed. This was in the 10th grade and now I'm a senior that has applied to go here.

Kelly

Oneonta is a small school with plenty of opportunities. Professors actively go out of their way to see you succeed. They want to help students find their way while learning. There are tons of clubs and activities to do everyday. The dining hall has different options to choose from everyday if you know where to look. It is the ideal school for a student who likes a personalized experience.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!