Surry Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Surry Community College

Destiny

It is awesome! So glad I made the choice to come here and further my education. The professors and staff are so very helpful with classwork and such. The food is amazing from the grill. I love the atmosphere, it's so friendly. The gym is always open and I very much enjoy using that.

Carolyn

Surry Community College is a great option for those who are interested in all things environmental science. The instructors are always available and want to help all students as much as possible. I love this school because it will make my experience at a 4-year school so much smoother (they also have lots of other programs for people who don't plan on going to a 4-year school).

Alyssa

Surry Community College was a good college for me to attend considering it is only 10 minutes away from my house. Like every school, there are certain teachers that don't teach their students well and are hard to get in touch with but there are a select few who are great teachers and will do anything they can to help. I have learned a lot and enjoyed my experience there, however, the counseling and advising is very poor. Many students including myself have been sent in the wrong direction because of the advise from the advisers. Overall my opinion for the college is average. I would only recommend this college to other students if they lived near by,

Jared

Overall it's a good school to start at if you're looking to transfer and the people are always kind. The professors are here to help you and resources are readily available for students, and the library is open late hours so that students can complete projects.

Brianna

It is a great college to start your education. Most teachers are fantastic, and they offer a lot of different classes there. They make it really easy to get your two year degree, and they help transfer smooth and easy. The campus is beautiful and the class sizes are a perfect student to teacher ratio. I would recommend this school to any graduating senior trying to get a good quality education while saving money.

Nerissa

I love Surry Community College. The staff are excellent. I think that Surry Community College is a great place to start for anyone no matter your path. I am a single mother that decided to go back to school for an associates degree and the online classes are very informational and fit my schedule. Even during the times I was taking 3 or 5 classes, I was still able to manage even though it was a little rough. Considering that I was also trying to work and be a mother.

Kaitlin

Surry is a great Community College for many students to start off in. The professors are some of the best I've worked with and really encourage their students to grab their dreams. My favorite memory was the art gallery days they would have every year to show off middle and high school art work. It gives you a great perspective on art through various ages. My only complaint would be about the parking. It is a game of hide-and-seek most days.

Lyndsay

Surry Community College is an outstanding college for those who desire to be close to home but still obtain an excellent education. The campus is laid out in a way that allows for students to feel safe and comforted. From a quick visit to the campus, I quickly learned that the professors and academic advisers were always available to students. Unlike many universities, the teachers of Surry Community College are looking for a personal, yet professional, relationship with their students in order for them to have the help that they may need. It is a highly recommendable college that I can't wait to attend in the near future.