Susquehanna University Top Questions

To begin with, do not stay locked up in your room all day. It is very difficult to make friends when you do not leave your room. Also, if your roommate does not seem like your 'cup of tea,' that does not mean that you need to force yourself to become 'besties.' You live together, that does not mean you have to be inseperable. Do not put yourself through that misery. Do not stress yourself out too much about the academics. Yes, it is college, and yes everything is more difficult than high school, but it is not worth putting yourself into anxiety attacks over small problems. You will get through whatever the homework it; try not to procrastinate. Go to the gym or find some kind of active club to join. Seriously. That 'freshman fifteen' is NOT your friend, avoid it at all costs (while staying healthy). Do not be afraid to ask professors for help, it is their job to assist your education. Most importantly, just have fun. I know you may seem homesick or stressed, but college gets easier and goes by a lot quicker than expected. Enjoy it and take a lot of pictures!

Evelyn

I would tell myself not to be ashamed of taking a stuffed animal or blanket with me, because everyone has times when tey need something to hug when they get homesick, and it's never ashamed to miss home.

Elise

Looking back on my senior year of HS, I just have to laugh a bit. I was so sure of myself. If I could go back, I would tell past me: -Learn who YOU are. Not your friends. Not your family. You -Grades aren't everything. The quality of your life is more important than the A. -Dive into college. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. You will thank yourself. -Focus on who/what is important. Don't get caught up in petty drama. You're much better off with a smaller pool of genuine friends than a large pool of friends who are there when it is convenient. -You are allowed to rely on others to get you through tough times. Contrary to your stubborn belief, sometimes you actually CAN'T do it all. -You are allowed to cry. -You are allowed to visit the dessert section at the cafe. -The gym will be waiting for you the next day if you regret it all that much. :) -Love fully and deeply. You will be faced with hardships and you will struggle. Don't let hatred penetrate the joy the you exude.

If I could warn my high school self about anything, it would be not to procrastinate. High school is very different than college. I used to procrastinate all the time in high school because there weren't that many repercussions to my procrastination. I could whip a project or essay together in very little time and still get a good grade on my assignments. I would warn myself that college does not accept minimal effort. College assignments require time and dedication to do work. The amount of effort you put into your work will reflect the grade that you receive. However, I would also say to be more social. I am a very shy person, which has held me back in college. I would tell myself to take more risks so I wouldn’t regret not doing the things that I was too scared to try. I could make more friends. The best advice I would tell my high school self is to take the time to actually study the material so that I will do well in school. Also, to put myself out there more so I don’t miss out on opportunities that could be benefical to me.

I would absolutely tell myself that I didn't need to have everything figured out. I spent so much time agonizing on what I would major in and what kind of career path I would go down with my degree, when in reality college is the best place to figure those things out. Once I got to college the opportunities I had to be involved are what truly showed me what I wanted to do which ironically enough is to work with college students in some capacity. There's a lot of pressure to "have a plan" but if I could tell students or myself any word of it advice it would be: plan to have your plans changed. High school is very formative, but college is infinitely moreso. College is where you learn how to think, which ultimately leads to incredible growth through the flourishing of passion for something you discover through that thought. Passion is a vital piece to happiness and if students can go in with an open-mind and a plan to have thier plans changed, they can find true passion and then ultimately, happiness.

Upon realizing who I was, my 17-year-old self wailed, "Aieee! I'm OLD!" "No I'm--you're not. You've read Chekhov's plays; when the characters talk about being old, it's not about physical age. They believe that they’re set in their ways and that they can’t change or grow. That’s not me, Danielle. I’m studying accounting… and I like it.” Her eyes widened in shock. “You need to understand that you are not your job. You cannot base your sense of self on what roles you’ve played or which films you were in. Who you--or any of us--are is so much more than what you do for a living. You can have a ‘normal job’ and act. Learn some marketable skills and you’ll be blessed to have a steady income doing something that interests you and being able to pursue your passion as well.” "Why didn't someone tell me that? Why did they make me choose?" she asked tearfully. "I wish I knew, Danielle," I replied, hugging her close, "We'll make it, though. Luckily for you, I'm not old yet."

Shayma

There are many things I wish I had known when I was first learning about college life. One thing I really would tell myself is save the drinking and parties for some other time...focus more on studying and getting that 3.5+ gpa. I've made that mistake before and it's not easy trying to balance the parties and studies. Getting used to the first semester takes a while, but once you know what you're in school for, it all works in the end. There might be a class or two that you're really sturggling with; that's why these professors in college are there to help you understand where you're going wrong in that class. They will do whatever they can to make sure you understand what's going on in that class you seem to always fall asleep in or think there's no point being in. The college transition isn't easy at all, but it will pay off in the end for sure.

Mikayla

I would tell myself to look into my chosen major. I started off doing nutrition and changed after the first semester to pursue clinical lab science. I really wish I went into college knowing what I wanted to do so I didn't waste a semester. I would tell myself that college isn't just about "liking your major". It's about being passionate about what you're studying and being in a major that puts you in a career that you can see yourself doing for the rest of your life and enjoying it. Clinical lab science will allow me to have so many opportunities in what I could be doing. I know I will find a lab that I love in the next two years and I can't wait for that. I would tell myself that I can do anything. I would tell myself not to be afraid of going to a big school and going for four years instead of two. I'm so thankful that I realized what I wanted and that I'm on the path to success.

To my high school senior self I would say one thing: relax. The stress and anxiety of taking the SATs, maintaining a good GPA, and of course the actual application process stirred a great deal of anxiety within myself and my fellow classmates. I remember the first months of senior year were filled with worry and self doubt. What I have learned now is that there is a reason you are who you are. It did not matter if my GPA was lower than I wanted it to be, or if I did not do so well on that Chemistry exam. I would end up at the college I was supposed to. I visited countless universities that I loved and was rejected by, and I remember the feelings of devastation and hopelessness. I was not excited to attened Susquehanna University, because I had built up other expectations. Now, after completing my freshman year, I realize it is the perfect fit for me. What are widely considered "good schools" do not always match up for everyone. The application process is tedious and painful, but to my high school self: you will end up where you need to be.

Annie

You are the change that you want to be in the world. There are endless opportunities out there, if you open the doors to create those opportunities. Life is a journey, not a destination. Take time to sit and talk with people, you will learn so much from the wisdom and experience of others, so don't rush through situations. Always enter every experience with an open mind because you never know what new skill, fact, or story you will learn from the experience. Also, remember, you don't need to reinvent the wheel. Take your background knowledge and combine it with what you have you learned from others, so that you can apply it and make it better for a new experience.

Anyolina

If I had the chance to go back in time as a high school senior I would advice myself to do better. I didn't have the most amazing grades nor did I really care at the time. I was more interested in basketball since thats what I was actually good at. However, enrolling in college, especially a small and private institure I have realized that its very expensive. The majority of the students here are under very prestigious scholarships becuase of their grades in high school. Nevertheless, I didn't come from a private or high ranked high schools like they did. Coming from a diverse inner city public school, school was just somewhere you went during the day to occupied your time. Homework, projects, SAT's and etc. were taken very lightly, however sports were the main attraction and thats where my focus was on. To be honest, I was actually recruited to play basketball at Susquehanna, but since it is a D3 school they don't give out athletic scholarships. I am very happy being apart of Susquehanna Univeristy; however I wish I did better in high school with my grades.

Advice that should have been given to me prior to my entrance into college was that rooming with another person would not be easy. The transition to sharing a 13 by 13 room with another female, after having my own bedroom for 18 years of my life, was challenging. Another piece of advice that I would have given myself was to make sure that I use the library wisely. I spent many hours and late nights in the library during my freshman year, due to my roommate issues and the desire for silence during my study sessions. Studying in a group helps encourage mutual learning, but can be distracting, so use group study sessions with caution. Learning to do my work ahead of time and be as early with assignments as possible helped to lower my stress level as assignment due dates were nearing. Be on top of your work and the college transition will be easier.

I'd only tell my past self two things: research financial aid options early and have a little bit of fun. I transferred to Susquehanna after completeing two years at a local community college. I saved myself a ton of debt, but didn't think about all of the awesome scholarship options out in the world. I also wasn't very involved in high school, which made my senior year extremely boring. If I had done more, I could have realized my love for communications and women's rights before and found a way to integrate the two into my major.

Felix

All your dreams can become true with a good and completed college education. Fashion, music and partying is all but temporary styles a college degree is always in style. Finish your education while you are young with no family responsibilities. Build now while you are young for a brighter and most secure future.

You’re really excited for college right now, aren’t you? You think that rooming with your best friend, going to a college in a town you used to live in, and studying creative writing are all parts of a perfect plan, don’t you? You’re not wrong. You should be excited, college is very exciting. However, don’t room with your best friend. It’s going to put a new stress on your relationship that you’re not ready for yet. Trust me, I’ve been there. That town? It’s so beautiful. Don’t forget about how beautiful it is. Studying creative writing isn’t a bad idea either but you need to keep your mind open to the other things you love. French class is going to surprise you, I promise. Don’t pigeonhole yourself, just go with it and make sure that, no matter what you’re doing, you’re keeping yourself happy. You may lose sight of that because the transition is hard. You’re moving halfway across the country, for goodness sake! You can do this, though, you just have to keep your chin up and be true to yourself no matter what.

ashley

I have gained more knowledge in the field I want to go into. It has been valuable to attend Baker College becasue they really help you out if you need it and they honestly do try to find a job for you once you earn your degree!

I have learned so much in my first semester of collge. Not only have I learned academic nformation from professors' lectures and reading textbooks, I have gained invaluable friendships with classmates and friends in my extracurricular activities. I've learned how to budget my time and use it responsibly especially since I'm a double major and there's a lot of academic work and music practicing to be done. I've learned where my real interests lie and which activities I have time for and those that I don't. Overall, college has been a great experience thus far and I hope to continue to mature into the profession that I yearn to do and accomplish the tasks and dreams that I have planned for the road ahead.

I'm on my way to college in August 2010. I know the experience will be a blast. I'll meet new people and most of all further my education. I want so badly to become a 2nd grade teacher because I love children and that was my favorite school year. I want to teach children how education is important and can be fun learning it too. I had alot of fun in High School. I learned more about Math, Science, English and I also got to take Chrous and Digital Film. Although I have not been to college I know it will be a life long experience.

Attending college has afforded me the opportunity to grow in so many ways. Intellectually, it has provided me the growth of knowledge. I find learning new subjects fascinating. It has also allowed me to mature and grow into adulthood. I no longer depend upon my parents for everything. I now have to get myself up in the mornings for classes. Organize my work so it is completed on time. Manage my time efficiently with classes, swim practices and meets, homework, and work. I need to accomplish all these tasks so I can achieve my goals and move onto life outside of college. Besides the academic aspect of college I have learned to accept people for who they are. Living with another person, outside of my family, has been a challenge. Learning to compromise and adjust has been a experience. Also, meeting so many different people has been such a rewarding experience. I have made so many new friends from all over. Without college, I would not have been able to accomplish all of this .

In a way, I've been able to find myself through the countless opportunities provided by my college campus. In social, academic, and leadership roles, I have been able to refine myself to become a leader in today's outside business world. Through this campus, I have been afforded the opportunities to study abroad in Singapore, entertain my muses in music performance, and acquire lifelong friends. The intrinsic value of the education I received at Susquehanna University transcended the classroom environment and equiped me with life lessons and morals. In reflecting on the last three years of my life, I realized that these experiences have molded me into a well rounded individual with a newfound ambition to succeed in my future endeavors. I am forever grateful for the education I have received at this university, and hope to become an active alumni, as I continue my international learning through the rest of my life.

Bryce

Through my experience at Susquehanna University, I have become a stronger writer and a stronger person. I'd never lived with so many people in such close quarters before, and living in a dorm gave me the new experience of negotiating living areas and keeping a tidy house for more than my own sake. By having my schedule fully under my charge, I learned the meaning of a spare fifteen minutes and how to get things done even if I don't want to do them. It's been valuable for me to learn more about myself and to figure out where I stand among my peers on many key issues. I've learned to be more of my own person at college, and that people like me can be and are valued among people my own age.

I would tell myself that I need to focus on my academic career rather than my social life. I made a smooth transition, but I never took high school very seriously. I would have told myself that I needed to work harder and learn how to study. In high school, I knew I could get away without completing assingments or studying, but as soon as I hit college, I needed to learn to wake up. My first exam was my wake up call, I believe I got a D on it. After that, I had to force myself to study and learn a few different studying habits to be successful. Overall, I believe I was prepared to go to college. Some of my peers did not know how to live on their own. Some of my friends did not know even how to do laundry!

Shaina

No matter what happens you have to keep pushing yourself, be it in the classroom, or in life. Nothing is given to you, you have to work hard for everything and that is what makes you strong in the end. College is a place where you learn and mature as a person on a daily basis, you are not the same person you were in highschool. Friends come and go, people change, time passes quickly, but it is all the basic things you learned in elementary, middle, and highschool that are going to help make you successful in college. Your college years are the most amazing years you will ever have. Focus on school 110{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}, when all is said and done your education is all you have to fall back on and it is the only thing that can never be taken away from you. You will have more resources available to you than you ever did in highschool and you need to use them to help yourself be successful, it's ok to ask for help. High school is a stepping stone in your life just like college will be, it is up to you to enjoy the experience.

Katharine

I would tell myself not to stress out so much- not to take everything in stride either- but I have missed out on a lot of social activities and on just enjoying my classes. I have always thought people expected so much more from me than they really did, even before I would begin a class. I would tell myself that I should follow my own standards, to not try to please everyone. Because I did , I never really learned how to voice my own opinion or to go in the direction of photography. I thought pursing art wasn't a smart career move, but I realized I can't do something for the rest of my life for which I don't have a passion. I would tell myself to allow more time just to have more fun. I have a close group of friends- all international and I love them! I wish I had spent more time with them. They're what helped me get through the stressful times, and I will miss them so much when we graduate. I would tell myself to remember that friendship would going to be an important part of my experience.

If I could write a letter to myself in high school and give myself advice about chosing a college it would look something like this: Jessica, I know you are struggling to keep up with school, sports, family, and now you even have to pick a college to attend once you graduate. My advice is to not take this decision lightheartedly. I know you think the decision can wait and the right choice will magically present itself sooner or later, but I can tell you that it won't. Chosing a college takes time and you need to investigate your options fully. Don't settle on a place because of one silly factor, like the biggest track scholarship offered to you. Track may be important but your college experience is much bigger. The last thing I would like to say is that you may make the wrong decision the first time around and feel the need to transfer to another school. You may feel discouraged that the first school didn't work out- but don't worry. When you arrive at your new school you'll realize that you can truely learn from all mistakes and experiences. Good Luck! Jess

I would first tell myself that I absolutely made the right choice when I chose Susquehanna. I remember feeling a bit alone in my first semester because I did not like to go out partying, but I know that the opportunities for friendship were available in places where I didn't put forth enough effort. I would tell myself that the girls from the newspaper are my family now, but it took me a couple of years to get comfortable there when there were wonderful, open people who could have been my friends from the get-go. I would also encourage myself to think much bigger than I did as a mere freshman. One major seemed so daunting back then, and I always planned on just getting a job. Now, I'm a double-major applying to law school and I feel like I have gotten the most out of my four years, but I could have been a member of the political science family much earlier if I had been more ambitious. However, the Susquehanna family has been so helpful and wonderful that I have very few what ifs and regrets as I look toward graduation in May.

If it was possible to go back and talk to the "high school me," I would tell him to embrace himself for who he is and to believe in himself. So many times in high school, I would adjust my appearance or my beliefs to maintain my popularity, because that was the way I believed the system worked. I did not let the "real me" out until I came to college. I quickly learned that people, both professors and students, at Susquehanna embrace diversity, and not only that, but are always willing to lend a shoulder to lean on and and an ear to listen with. Susquehanna has allowed me to grow and develop into a person that I am proud of, and will continue to do so. If time travel was possible, my past self would know that everything would work out for the best, because becoming a SU Crusader was the best decision I have ever made.

Renee

I started college shortly before my 25th birthday. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that it is a great idea to wait to begin college. I learned a lot about being a part of the workforce, but more importantly, I matured so much during those years. In high school I listened to everyone who told me that studying fine arts in college is silly, since it isn't a very profitable career choice. I would tell the high school me to ignore naysayers, because following your passion is the best career choice. I would tell her that a high-paying job isn't the only reason to get educated. I would tell myself that getting a degree in the arts is better than trying to find a job without any degree at all. Because I wish I had come to school a few years earlier, I would tell the high school me to enjoy two or three years off and then figure out the college thing. I would tell her you don't want to be the oldest person at college or feel out of touch with younger classmates.

I would tell them that it is a good idea to get to know the other people in your dorm. Sure, you will have a single group of friends that you hang out with, but it is nice to know everyone and hang out with different people.

Hey Cody, Just finished my first semester at college and would like you to know that you will need to take all the responsibility for managing your time for your classes, sports and especially for studying on your own. It has not been a whole lot different than being in high school other than when you are in college you are considered an adult and treated as one. Remember to study as hard as you can in high school and learn the proper study methods so it will enhance your college experience all the more. Buy a new planner just like the one you are currently using and take it to college as this will be one of the greatest assets in helping you to manage all the deadlines, the professors will not continually remind you that papers are due soon as they do in high school. Get involved with community activities and spend time with your friends because you may not see them for quite a while once you are in college. Take your senior year very seriously but have fun too and you will succeed at college. See you next year at college.

I would advise myself to stop worrying about the transition. College seems like such a big grown up scary place but really it is one of the most entertaining and rewarding stops along the way to adulthood. There are times when it is very difficult and you wonder how staring at a blank Word document hoping that it turns into a 10-page paper at 2am could possibly be the greatest time of your life. But you are quickly reminded of those wonderful moments of trips to the ice skating rink and amazing concerts performed by musicians from all over the world. You realize how privileged you are to be taught by some of the greatest people in your major. Making friends and fitting in at college shouldn't be a concern whatsoever. Every single freshman is in the same boat as you that first day of college. Don't worry about friends, instead go out and meet many new individuals with many different backgrounds and make friends for life while sharing this wonderful experience called college.

Julianne

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would give advice on how to choose a college. The first thing I would tell myself is too apply to schools that may reject me. I regret not pushing the limits to see how good of a school I could get into. Also, as a sophomore I find that college is the same difficulty level as high school. The second thing I would tell myself is to learn about the food options at the colleges. As a senior in high school, the food that was being served was of very little importance because I assumed I needed to look at the academic and social possiblities, but I am now fiding that the food options are just as important. Every Sunday morning at my school there is no breakfast there is only brunch which begins at 11:00 am. To me this falls in the category of lunch and the only lunch option at brunch is a hot dog. Now the "Sunday hot dog" is a weekly meal. This experience leaves me to tell myself, " Make sure you know all the food options."

If I could travel back in time to senior year, I would tell myself to stop stressing out over college admissions. I spent the majority of senior year worrying about getting into my top college choices, and on top of that I worried about how I was going to be able to afford those schools. As it would turn out, I did not make it into my top choice, and then my next choice did not offer me enough financial aid. My safety school, Susquehanna, was the only option left. A year ago, I would have balked at the idea of going to Susquehanna. After all, which overacheiving high school student actually attends their safety schools? I wish I could go back in time and tell my self how much fun I would have at Susquehanna, and how much I would learn about myself as a student and as a person. I do not regret my decision at all to attend Susquehanna. Although my senior year self would not be able to understand or even believe me, I wish I could go back tell me that I'm glad the other schools rejected me. It's been worth it.

Audrey

If I had to go back now and talk to my high school senior self, I would likely tell myself to relax more. I came into college very much so a planner, and I still am, but I've learned in my time at college that not everything works out exactly as you imagine. Sometimes you need to readjust your plans, or something just comes up spontaneously. And so, while I'm still a planner, I've become someone who's also less high-strung and anxious and more able to go with the flow. One way or another, everything will work out. Staying up nights worrying isn't really going to help that.

Justine

I don't think I would change anything. My high school schedule got me ready for a college schedule, which is a very good thing. I hear alot of students who really don't have the greatest "time management skills" that I received during my high school years.

Terra

Take a break before college and travel, research careers and try to find the one that is best for you. Traveling was the best thing I did before college, it was humbling and educational in itself.

Anique

Honestly at this point I still barely have an idea of what I'm doing . I'd rather wait two years and talk to myself senior to senior, and maybe by then I'll have a clue as to what to do with my life. At this point the only thing I'd tell myself is, "Go to the creative writing picinic," and, "You don't have to stay a creative writing major."

I know that this will be a huge change for you, especially since you're going to a school so far away from home and all your friends and family. At first, it will be hard and you will want to give up and transfer to a school closer to home, but keep with it. In a few months you will realize how many great people there are at Susquehanna and you will make some incredible friends. Just stick with it and keep reminding yourself how badly you wanted to do something different. Susquehanna will soon feel like home and you won't want to leave. Try to open up and meet people. Those first few weeks of college are some of the most intense, scary, and exciting times in your life and you will meet so many people. So, get out there and don't be afraid! Your entire life is ahead of you and there is nothing in your way. Be brave and make yourself and your family proud!

lucas

keep an open mind. if your kid thinks they don't want to go to school in a certain state or area, don't rule it out. the perfect school may be where they never thought it would be

You need to pick a school that wants you as much as you want them. A school that is willing to offer you lots of financial aid and opportunities that you don't really like isn't the right choice, even if it will be cheaper. You need to go where you will feel happy and comfortable.

Find a college that grabs your attention from the start. Find somewhere you feel at home and enjoy being at. Look at a good number of places, all different and unique from each other so you get a feel of what different campuses are like. Look at a school you can't even see yourself attending, you might be surprised. Talk to faculty and students, ask them what they think the best and worst things about the college are. Once you choose a college get involved from the start. Talk to someone new every day for the first couple of months. Get to know your peers and make friends with someone you normally wouldn't have talked to in high school. College is your chance to start over, correct what you didn't like about your previous years. Make the most out of it, take risks, and enjoy the ride. These are the best years of your life, make them great because you won't get them back.

I would suggest finding the school that is the perfect fit without actually knowing what that means. Take the time to visit the school a couple of times, look around, ask questions, and see what you could accomplish at that school. Once there, take advantage of every resource the school has, you may never have so much at your fingertips again. Make sure you try new things, and don't feel the need to let old passions die. Make sure that you maximize your potential by staying focused on where you are going so that you can stay successful even with socializing and extra-curricular activities. You can't stay locked up in your room studying for ever, and you can't graduate if you major in partying. College is the time for discovery and acheivement. You should find the school that will give you what you want, or have the opportunities that will lead you to discover what you love. I felt at home at Susquehanna from the moment I finished my campus tour, and though I went there to be a writer and am now an actor, I know that I was in the right place.

Students, take an active approach in finding the right college for you. This can seem daunting, because there are so many choices out there, so it's important to break it down into small steps. Do you want to stay in state or venture out of state? Are you looking for a school in a rural, suburban, or urban environment? Look at aspects such as the size of the student body, class size, on campus activities, as well as off campus opportunities. Talk to current students. If possible, visit campuses. Come prepared with questions to ask your campus tour guide. Meet with professors. Find out as much as you can about the programs you're interested in. The college search process can seem daunting, and no matter how much information you gather, you may still find it hard to decide. Listen to your gut. Remember, while this is four years of your life, it will not last forever. Step out of your comfort zone. Take advantage of all that your campus has to offer. Study hard. Have fun. Parents, offer support, but don't do too much for your child. Let this be his or her own decision. Good luck!

A.

Follow your gut. If you think you will be happy somewhere then that's the right college for you!

Don't be afraid. Anything that interests you as a student, you should go for it. Whether it be a club, and activity, an opportunity to study abroad, a lecture, a class...whatever. If you have an interest in it, check it out. You never know what might happen as a result. Also, keep in touch with your friends, and keep an open mind. A person can make lasting friendships while in college. Finally, don't always follow the "you're in college once" rule. I know some activities may seem to be "badass" and taboo, but sometimes there's a good reason for them being termed as "taboo". While you make great changes, and find great opportunities in college, you can also make mistakes. Just remember to think before you act, because you're not a child anymore. With growth comes the big "R" word: responsibility.

Brandt

I would tell parents to ask as many questions as possible during visits. High school students do not really know what to ask because they are so used to how High School is, and that is when they will ask about parties/social life. Once a high school student starts hearing the questions asked by his or her parents, the student will start asking similar questions.

Find the school that makes the student feel most comfortable. Whether that's in a city, in the suburbs, a small town, or the middle of nowhere. This also includes professors. Getting to know some of the professors before deciding on a school is important - afterall, they will be the ones responsible for your education. Make it a point to visit classrooms, lecture halls, dining halls, and dorms. It is extremely important that you get a good idea of what these places are like - they are where you'll be spending the bulk of your time. Talk to as many people on campus as possible - get a good feel for the school. Chances are, if the students around you look stressed, disorganized, and generally unhappy, this is how you will feel as well. Make sure the campus in general is somwhere you would like to live. If you're going to be commuting, make sure the commute is one you'll want to do everyday. The most important thing is to find what makes you happy. For the amount of money college costs, you might as well make the most of it.

Johanna

Finding the right college is a difficult process but I would compare mine to the wedding dress analogy. Many women say that their wedding dress picked them and I feel that a college is the same way. You will look at tons of colleges but there will probably one or two that just feel right. Go with your gut! But don't forget to be practical and look at money, programs, etc. Once you get to school, get out and make friends. Don't sit around your room all the time. Adjusting will be much easier if you join a club or even just keep your door open and talk to the people in your hall. Have fun but remember to go to class and do your work. You or your parents are spending WAY TOO much money for you to play videogames all day.And always remember that if you get to a school and it doesn't work out, things aren't set in stone, transfering is always an option.

The choice should be the student's when picking a college to attend. Pick a place that will stimulate your academic abilities, but where you also feel comfortable and at home. Don't be afraid to branch out, and don't choose a college because your friends from high school will be going there too. College is your chance to discover yourself, and let your natural talents and interests flourish; choose an institution that will allow that to happen.

morgan

Make the right decison for you and never be somewhere where you are not happy.